Lonely Bill Leckie once again attacks Morelos

What exactly makes it racist though? Are you exempt from being called a waster if you are black?

I think it's clear where Leckie's allegiances lie and he is simply taking a pop at our best player, not because he is black but because he is a Ranger's player.
There is nothing in the article itself that is overtly racist, except for the tenor and hypocrisy that drives the article itself is dubious.

There has to be a reason that Scott Brown's deliberations in provoking younger players on the park by dragging his studs down their Achilles to get a reaction or his flying elbows which are seen in every game I have ever watched him play are by the authors opinion acceptable, but the black lad steps out of line in a similar fashion (Has he really?) and it is not.

There has to be a reason why someone like Griffiths can bring the game into disrepute through racist activity, alleged gambling that is out of control and other such vices, never mind supposed children out of wedlock whilst the black lad a man committed to family and community through charity is a target for vicious criticism that the author would never dare aim at Griffiths.

There must be a reason why Christie's serial shirt pulling, testicle grabbing and two-footed lunges create barely a stir with the author yet the black lad falls down in the same game at a time when it should have been well over and the author can only comment upon the black player, who it should be mentioned, was basically cheated by a referee who should be ashamed of how he has constantly defrauded this player over the seasons.

I could add to the above but why bother we have all seen it.

Perhaps it is just that Leckie hates our club, well we know this, we know he hates our support, but there is an element in his cretinous venality that oversteps the mark in that article, something that is surfacing from deeper in his twisted psyche towards a player who has never in two and a half seasons made a deliberate dangerous foul or to my knowledge injured a fellow pro.
It may not be racism, but one can't avoid having some suspicion that this vile drivel is driven by something cancerous eating at the author's soul.

Funnily enough Leckie has done another article about how Malky McKay deserves to atone for his past mistakes as he's a good guy.

Hmmm, but Morelos doesn't deserve a chance to do anything. He's instantly labelled a waster for no reason other than he plays for Rangers.

We should invite Leckie in to Ibrox to meet Alfredo aswell as the manager to see if he has the guts to say those things to their faces.

When he inevitably shites it when should ban him and his rag for life.

Better still, a charity MMA fight. All proceeds to go to Alfredo’s charity. Would make a fortune.

I don't think he insinuates he does not belong here as in Scotland but that his behaviour does not belong on a football park which he has a point.

In my opinion he has an over the top go at Alfie for his diving and petulance on the park. He also gets a few things wrong like when he says it does not look like Alfie enjoys playing football which is BS if you have ever seen him score, which he does a lot!

Also lumping him in with Suarez is again trying to portray him in a worse light by comparing him to someone done for racism as well as biting opponents.

All in all it is an incredibly biased piece of trash journalism but I don't see it as racist.

shut it you porridge breath, kilt wearing , miserly thistle abusing miserable Scotch twat.

Nothing about race in that by the way.

Rangers can’t win here.

We say nothing we look weak

We fight back and it’s giving him the attention he craves and the publicity his paper wants

Just look at bbc scotland look. They love being the victim.

This isn’t journalism,it’s 100%hatred in a very pure form.it cant be left to pass and the club absolutely must meet this head on and deal with it.

There are a lot of people at the moment complaining about how Meghan Markle is treated by the press. Sly hints about sexism and racism. Meanwhile, the press up here are absolutely blatant with their racist demonization of Alfredo Morelos. We know why. They are bigots who are terrified Fredo will play a huge part in returning our Championship to where it belongs. If Rangers don't respond to this disgusting article from this little hater, it will never stop. Come on Dave King and Stewart Robertson. This is an open goal for you.
There’s that open goal again, unfortunately for everyone sick of the deafening silence that all to often fails the people associated with the club in whatever capacity it’s an open goal that always seems to be missed.

I've stayed out of a lot of the media stuff the last two weeks.

I literally CAN'T BELIEVE this. I saw it on google a few minutes ago and legitimately had to click on it as I thought it was a parody article.

I've never seen such a racist piece of shit like this ever in our media.

Ban him and ban him now.

Ha ha , this clown trying to tell Gerrard how to do his job FFS. I don't imagine that Gerrard is too fond of that rag that Leckie writes for either!

W.A.T.P.

I don't think he insinuates he does not belong here as in Scotland but that his behaviour does not belong on a football park which he has a point.

In my opinion he has an over the top go at Alfie for his diving and petulance on the park. He also gets a few things wrong like when he says it does not look like Alfie enjoys playing football which is BS if you have ever seen him score, which he does a lot!

Also lumping him in with Suarez is again trying to portray him in a worse light by comparing him to someone done for racism as well as biting opponents.

All in all it is an incredibly biased piece of trash journalism but I don't see it as racist.

Great. So you are either stupid or naive. Which is it?

Just got round to reading this. Someone ban this fat prick and his rag permanently from Ibrox please.

He has a point?

Ahh, there is always one.

Just read the article completely for the first time.
Apart from all the obvious other stuff, what got me was he describes Larsson and Sutton as “decent guys who played the game the right way” but accuses Alfie of diving and cheating? Where do you even start with that?

Other than the subtle racist undertone to the article, what gets me the most is his example of Chris Sutton and John Hartson as decent guys who played the game the right way.

That be the same Sutton who accused fellow professionals of lying down to another team, having not even seen the game?

The same Hartson who was sent off once every 25 games in English Premier League and who found it acceptable to kick a teammate in the head whst on the ground?

Other than the subtle racist undertone to the article, what gets me the most is his example of Chris Sutton and John Hartson as decent guys who played the game the right way.

That be the same Sutton who accused fellow professionals of lying down to another team, having not even seen the game?

The same Hartson who was sent off once every 25 games in English Premier League and who found it acceptable to kick a teammate in the head whst on the ground?
The same Sutton who put Claudio Caniggia out the 2002 Scottish Cup Final and almost cost him his place at the World Cup Finals.

I don't expect the club to do anything about this. We'll get a statement maybe from Club1872 condemning it but that's as far as it'll go imo.

Well you called it. The saddest part of this is how predictable it was and how predictably limp one or two board members are when it comes to protecting the club’s players and it’s brand.

There is nothing in the article itself that is overtly racist, except for the tenor and hypocrisy that drives the article itself is dubious.

There has to be a reason that Scott Brown's deliberations in provoking younger players on the park by dragging his studs down their Achilles to get a reaction or his flying elbows which are seen in every game I have ever watched him play are by the authors opinion acceptable, but the black lad steps out of line in a similar fashion (Has he really?) and it is not.

There has to be a reason why someone like Griffiths can bring the game into disrepute through racist activity, alleged gambling that is out of control and other such vices, never mind supposed children out of wedlock whilst the black lad a man committed to family and community through charity is a target for vicious criticism that the author would never dare aim at Griffiths.

There must be a reason why Christie's serial shirt pulling, testicle grabbing and two-footed lunges create barely a stir with the author yet the black lad falls down in the same game at a time when it should have been well over and the author can only comment upon the black player, who it should be mentioned, was basically cheated by a referee who should be ashamed of how he has constantly defrauded this player over the seasons.

Perhaps it is just that Leckie hates our club, well we know this, we know he hates our support, but there is an element in his cretinous venality that oversteps the mark in that article, something that is surfacing from deeper in his twisted psyche towards a player who has never in two and a half seasons made a deliberate dangerous foul or to my knowledge injured a fellow pro.
It may not be racism, but one can't avoid having some suspicion that this vile drivel is driven by something cancerous eating at the author's soul.
I agree that a few celtic players get a pass on similar behaviour but i believe, maybe naively, that its because they are celtic players.

It feels like since we’ve

You make good points and I agree that there are many Celtic players (you missed out Lennon) that have got a free pass the past few years, many of which have acted worse than Morelos.

The thing eating away at Leckies soul right now is his da supported Celtic and SG is giving him something to worry about :). He may well be a racist too but I don’t think anything in the article suggests that.

He has a point?

Ahh, there is always one.
Always one? You’re kidding yourself if you think Alfie has been a model professional. Granted the refs give him a tougher time than anyone in the league but he has defo done things to make himself a target for the knuckle draggers.

Always one? You’re kidding yourself if you think Alfie has been a model professional. Granted the refs give him a tougher time than anyone in the league but he has defo done things to make himself a target for the knuckle draggers.

So where was Leckie's column condeming Ryan Porteous for not one, not two, not three but FOUR assaults on our players in the past 12 months including two where he went in to deliberately hurt his opponent ?

Or the numerous other wild challenges that Porteous has put in ?

You seriously telling me that Alfie is out on his own as some sort of wild man of Scottish Football ?

Tell me what he does that is so different from others in this league and why he should be treated differently ?

I agree that a few celtic players get a pass on similar behaviour but i believe, maybe naively, that its because they are celtic players.

It feels like since we’ve

You make good points and I agree that there are many Celtic players (you missed out Lennon) that have got a free pass the past few years, many of which have acted worse than Morelos.

The thing eating away at Leckies soul right now is his da supported Celtic and SG is giving him something to worry about :). He may well be a racist too but I don’t think anything in the article suggests that.

It is naive.
Ryan Jack was sent off 4 times in his first 20 games for Rangers.
Yet Leckie didn't offer up anything like this.

So it can't just be because Alfie plays for Rangers.
If it was, then Jack would have had similar written about him.

So what is it that makes Morelos so different?

Ffs if rangers don't ban him then it's game over and open season. Article absolutely stinks to the high heaven. Rattling basturd.
They seem content to let club 1872 to do the heavy lifting. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that this board has many plus points but management of PR and brand protection will never be one of them. The sun should be sine die till this guy is sacked and also the editor who allowed it to go to print.

A drunken bitter fool of a man content to drip poison. Gutter journalism.
Shouldn't be allowed back within 5 miles of Ibrox

They seem content to let club 1872 to do the heavy lifting. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that this board has many plus points but management of PR and brand protection will never be one of them. The sun should be sine die till this guy is sacked and also the editor who allowed it to go to print.
I know we're used to the constant drivel of articles that seem to come out endlessly but that's a different level. Just a page of trying to discredit and abuse a proffesional football player. Ridiculous stuff. As someone said about Scotland being many cultures. Aye, but only if you're not associated with Rangers. Bigots and bitter cants the lot of them.

That piece is actually up there with Graham Spiers’ diatribes from 2005-7.

Needs banned without delay. He can be a martyr if he wants.

Othering is based on the conscious or unconscious assumption that a certain identified group poses a threat to the favoured group. It is largely driven by politicians and the media, as opposed to personal contact. Overwhelmingly, people don’t “know” those that they are Othering

So where was Leckie's column condeming Ryan Porteous for not one, not two, not three but FOUR assaults on our players in the past 12 months including two where he went in to deliberately hurt his opponent ?

Or the numerous other wild challenges that Porteous has put in ?

You seriously telling me that Alfie is out on his own as some sort of wild man of Scottish Football ?

Tell me what he does that is so different from others in this league and why he should be treated differently ?
Funny you should say that. I go to Tesco every morning to buy fresh produce for my cafe. At the door is the newspaper rack. I always flip the papers over to read the back page headlines and am sure there was an article on Porteous saying he was a reformed character now, and was going to let his football do the talking. Quite a different editorial slant to the one taken with Buff.
Oh, and no, I never buy the rags.

The demonisation of Alfie is very sinister

Alfie has been sent off and had numerous bookings in this backwater and he has not committed one bad foul or over the ball challenge unlike others in the league

All his cards have been for dissent or silly wee reactions. He’s never hurt an opponent yet but he’s public enemy number one

It’s a joke

“With his Resting Bitch Face pout, his flailing elbows and snide off-the-ball kicks, the way he’d rather fall over to get a fellow player sent off than take a shot at goal, he seems hell-bent on making as few friends as possible in our game.”

WOW this piece is the worst of the lot.
Not so sure.
He says something about a so called agenda or campaign against him, or something to that effect.
It's like someone telling your they are the most honest person alive while putting their hand into your trouser pocket, taking out your wallet and emptying it, before throwing whats left in the bin, all in front of your eyes.

A drunken bitter fool of a man content to drip poison. Gutter journalism.
Shouldn't be allowed back within 5 miles of Ibrox

not enough to ban leckie. he can write his shite without ever setting foot in Ibrox. Full ban of the Sun and all associated journalist. Leckie/Editor sacked before they ever get press privileges again.

Does anyone know the best email address at Rangers to complain to about this? Think they really need to be made aware at the strength of feeling on this...

Scousers are known for a good bit of winding it up and gerrards played a blinder here.

Tell you what though, the clown who fell for it has been given some oxygen today, by rangers fans. Wonder how many clicked on the link to have a go at him. You can call him for everything all you like, but he wont care, because he's the talking point for everyone today. I'd imagine he will have a thick skin anyway, because anyone in the public eye would need one these days.

If there had just been a few posts laughing at him for falling for gerrards wind up, then he would have been raging at his insignificance.

Back