Long haired MacPhee- Interim Hearts Boss

Was looking at BBC sports news on line, on Scottish Premiership there’s a piece on Austin MacPhee, new Stoke boss Michael O’Neill saying he won’t get a chance if he becomes the Hearts full time Manager.
Writer in first few lines writes O’Neill says media criticism of long haired MacPhee has been personal.
WTF is that, Long haired? Who cares, what next?
The xxxxx manager had a great tactical game but Fck me he had a lot of hair in his ears.
Is the writer trying to explain the personal attacks by mentioning long hair?
I can’t see any mention in the rest of the article what any of the personal attacks are. Who writes this pish?
Maybe just me.

WATP.

giphy.gif

Was looking at BBC sports news on line, on Scottish Premiership there’s a piece on Austin MacPhee, new Stoke boss Michael O’Neill saying he won’t get a chance if he becomes the Hearts full time Manager.
Writer in first few lines writes O’Neill says media criticism of long haired MacPhee has been personal.
The xxxxx manager had a great tactical game but Fck me he had a lot of hair in his ears.
I can’t see any mention in the rest of the article what any of the personal attacks are. Who writes this pish?
Maybe just me.

WATP.

Are you sure it's a piece? Looks real to me.

He’s actually very very switched on, similar to Cathro having not followed the career route of your average Scottish fitbaw face.

Problem he’s got is he’s quite egotistical and doesn’t deal well with “characters”. He works hard, asks for the same back, in some respects he’s a perfect number two and can see why he’s done well at NI. I think he’d be better at Stoke with O’Neil than the boss at Hearts.

Don't see any difference to ripping somebody's hair, or colour. But do as the pc world will order you and don't ask questions.

Maybe just me.

WATP.

Yes, I think so.

OP makes little sense but his reasoning is good.

Those days are long gone. It shouldn’t matter what anyone looks like.

It's hard to tell if he is a manager in the making. No-one knows if he had a lot of input over the state Hearts currently find themselves in or if Levein ruled the roost.

Since CL has left he has been pumped by Rangers (expected) and beat St Mirren (expected).

He doesn't seem like a bad guy tbh and seems to be quite highly regarded. Hearts could probably do worse than give him a shot at the gig. Maybe they'll see how the next few games go...their dire injury situation seems to be improving a bit.

I wouldn't want our manager looking like that.

In fact one of the (many) reasons I didn't want Stuart McCall - who I fucking love by the way - getting the permanent manager job at Ibrox was the nick of his hair and his ill-fitting suits.

It's a garbage BBC reporter grasping for descriptors, probably to try and make a word count.

OP makes little sense but his reasoning is good.

Those days are long gone. It shouldn’t matter what anyone looks like.

clearly haven’t seen the ridiculous threads about him on here,pathetic stuff really

earl of Leven starting a thread comparing his look to that seen in a peodo wing was a low point

Is this the same Austin McPhee who scored the only goal for Airdrie against celtic and knocked them out of the League cup years ago?

First time i met the guy he was manager of cupar hearts amateurs .... he then moved onto an acadamey am soccer
Young teams right up to amateur team were he managed

and now to be hearts manager i find astounding

I actually quite like him. A refreshing change to the other boring bastard “I scored a goal once” managers in the SPFL. I’ll obviously go off him as soon as he says something against us though.

Last edited:
Typical BBC stuff. The haircut maketh the the man.

We know that’s nonsense. Just have a look at Alfie’s barnet. :))

I heard O'Neil on BBC last night and he was superb. Called out Preston, Ferguson and Miller for the ignorant fools they are.

Back