Look who was at the £5,000 a head undeclared dinner in Cannes

I hope a Glasgow ratepayer reports her to the standards commission for failing to register her acceptance of this.

David Murray Junior, the son of one of Scotland’s richest men Sir David Murray, was among those invited to dine alongside government officials.

it was his son mark

A pair of fukin chancers (or white collar criminals) that shouldn't own a penny between them.
The fact that Murray was allowed or enabled to quietly shift under-priced land and property assets into his family holdings company, during the receivership and liquidation of MIH at the taxpayers expense, is an absolute disgrace, that once again, the Scottish MSM failed to investigate.
He did this whilst short funding the MIH pension.
Sir my fukin arse. A self serving shyster that should be doing time.

If the cost was £5,000 then the receipt of such hospitality would be viewed as excessive and inappropriate and could therefore be viewed as a bribery. No official of a public body should accept what could be viewed as excessive hospitality.
They should not receive hospitality to that value not should they pay any money to that value to attend a dinner.

Disgraceful

This is why the private and public sector integration that is needed, will never work. We are desperate for outside investment but for the sake of £200 to wine and dine the policy makers, we see then getting hunted. Aitken is a vile boot who should be out a job but regardless who was in that role, they should be there.

I bet everyone in her closed facebook group new about it, her corruption needs to be exposed for the general public to see.

Where is the £5k a head coming from? the story reports it as £208/head.

I really find it hard to believe that all those people would be in Cannes for a £200 dinner. That’s a fu.cking nonsense.

If it's 5k in total then I take back what I said, it still needs to be declared but

This was a four-day conference that has not been reported in the Scottish media.

Why was it held in Cannes and why the secrecy?

This was a four-day conference that has not been reported in the Scottish media.

Why was it held in Cannes and why the secrecy?

It’s a major industry event held in Cannes every year. Mackay spoke at it. The major European financial institutions all go and so do the councils as they seek to attract investment. Birmingham, Manchester and Edinburgh would also all have been represented. It’s a legit reason for her to go unfortunately.

Failure to declare it is another matter.

Back