Looking into fixtures between now and season end

atcolin

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Been looking at fixtures and dates between now and season end.

I have 2 points:

1. the scheduling is a shambles however could massively help us concentrate on Europe.

and

2. Some length of party we are going to have after winning the league

We will only play 2 league games in March before the Old Firm.

Livi on 3rd March then St Mirren on 6th March.

We will hopefully have last 16 of Europa on 11th March and 18th of March.

15 days between league games until we play Celtic on 21st March. 27th March is an international weekend. Our next league game would be 18th April. 28 days between league games.

There may be Europa quarter finals on 8th April and 15th April obv depending on our progress.

So there would be 28 days without a league game or 28 days without a game at all if we don’t beat Antwerp / get past the last 16.

In fact from after St Mirren on 6th March we only play 1 league game (Celtic) before 18th April. 1 league game in 41 days.

Should the Scottish cup be restarted there’s 5 rounds for us to fit in.

Replied to you on twitter but will repeat here. Surely a strong case if no cup to bring league games forward and wrap up the season a week or two early.

they could try to fit some scottish cup fixtures in between april 4th - april 15th, or if that is not a goer bring the split forward

they could try to fit some scottish cup fixtures in between april 4th - april 15th, or if that is not a goer bring the split forward
I think the plan is to ram in the Scottish which considering we have Cove Rangers at home - u would assume the first team can get a rest and play some fringe players but should we get past Antwerp and get a decent draw then all of a sudden Europa league seems a real possibility of progress

If we get past Antwerp, you can imagine any Europa opponents will be well cheesed off that we have such a relaxed fixture card to prepare for the L16.

We will have scottish cup games hopefully.
If not then they'll probably move the after split games forward.

I think the best thing to do would be to bring forward the league games, and turn the Scottish Cup into a tournament at the end of the season.

I think the best thing to do would be to bring forward the league games, and turn the Scottish Cup into a tournament at the end of the season.

I agree but that’s the kind of thing they need to start announcing ASAP.

I agree but that’s the kind of thing they need to start announcing ASAP.
Agreed, I was looking at that gap and thinking they might bring the league forward and try and do an end of season Scottish Cup event.

I think the post split fixtures will be brought forward if the new Scottish Cup dates haven't been confirmed by then.

In England football can return from the 29th March so hopefully Scotland are similar and we can get it played to a finish this year.

Bring all the league games forward and play out the Scottish Cup to a conclusion once the Premiership and Championship are finished. Fit in playoffs around teams exiting the cups. Use Murrayfield or another neutral ground for semis and final. Can be anywhere really if no supporters.

League 1 and 2 fixtures can roll in to June if required to get it finished if there are no issues with player contracts.

Gers-Fixtures-March-onwards.jpg

Not sure how clearly that'll come out, but making the last 16 of the EL (Orange) will be a necessity for our footy fix.

After that, there's a massive gap between even if we do make the quarters.

Edit: You can click on the image.

Last edited:
Next week we should know what is happening with League 1 & 2 plus the Scottish Cup

If the Scottish Cup is cancelled then the weekend of 3rd & 10th April will be League games and we finish the season 2nd May

If not those weekends will be Scottish Cup

Been looking at fixtures and dates between now and season end.

I have 2 points:

1. the scheduling is a shambles however could massively help us concentrate on Europe.

and

2. Some length of party we are going to have after winning the league

We will only play 2 league games in March before the Old Firm.

Livi on 3rd March then St Mirren on 6th March.

We will hopefully have last 16 of Europa on 11th March and 18th of March.

15 days between league games until we play Celtic on 21st March. 27th March is an international weekend. Our next league game would be 18th April. 28 days between league games.

There may be Europa quarter finals on 8th April and 15th April obv depending on our progress.

So there would be 28 days without a league game or 28 days without a game at all if we don’t beat Antwerp / get past the last 16.

In fact from after St Mirren on 6th March we only play 1 league game (Celtic) before 18th April. 1 league game in 41 days.

Should the Scottish cup be restarted there’s 5 rounds for us to fit in.

When else could we ever possibly have such a good chance to fully concentrate on doing as best as we can in Europe, by resting players etc whilst having the league in the bag and not having to spread ourselves too thin.

If only we had this luxury in 2008, i think this opportunity is not likely to happen again so I do hope the club have the team in the best shape possible to attack the Europa League and really go for it!!

Back