Looks like Helander could be out for a while

I’ll be honest - I think hellander has had too much game time and a serious injury to one of our (approx) 8 regular starters was inevitable. Katic could have much more game time recently and not weakened us and reduced the risk of something like this happen
You think playing regularly weakened his bone?

What was the cause did he simply roll over on it ?

He went down when challenged by Edouard, with Sutton telling us, in true Andy Wanker fashion, "it was just a coming together".

BT almost missed it and didn't show any replays, as it happened just after Julien ran across the front of Alfie and Alfie clipped his heel, so he went down "injured".

Sutton then preceded to tell us "it was nasty, Morelos knew what he was doing and it should have been a red card." The truth being, if you watch the replays, Julien was the one who knew what he was doing and deliberately ran across Alfie, in order to make contact and then went down to waste time.

Ironically, Julien got up from the 'nasty challenge that should have been a red card' and finished the game, leaping around at full time. Meanwhile, Helander went off injured from the 'coming together that wasn't even a foul' and could be out for a while.

Yet another example of Sutton making a prick of himself, with his anti Rangers/Morelos agenda.

Shite news, our best CB and we'll see when he's out why. Reads the game well, breaks up play and keeps the ball moving - rarely wasting a pass. No frills, good positioning, reads the game and deals with it.

Katić is a good player so here is his chance.

Hopefully it's a quick recovery. Thankfully, in Katic and Edmundson we look to have some quality cover

Bad news, hopefully at the very worst he will be back after the winter break

Big blow , hopefully Katic can step up , if not Edmondson.
Katic doesn’t worry me too much for tonight, although their front two are quick, it’s Sunday when it gets physical he wants to “get stuck in” and gets pulled out of position.
In saying that I think he will score tonight their centerback are not very experienced so corners could be very important.

It shows the advantage of having a bigger squad. We are in a great position that we have 4 good central defenders at the club. As the manager has said all along, each player will have their part to play this season.

Going by edouard reaction when he was going off, I have suspicion he stood on him. BT never did show a replay

I thought that. He and edouard went for a challenge and hellander went down in the aftermath but didnt quite see what happened and as you say no replays

Idk if it ever got confirmed or not but someone suggested it was to do with a sprinkler on the ground. Was a weird one because it didn't look like much happened when he had to come off but something clearly happened with his foot or knee
He was actually accused of simply wanting off or out!

Mental to think Gerrard knew more than half of the FF drama queens when building a pool of four capable central defenders.
I remember posting at the time that I’d normally want the fourth choice, third choice if it’s for one position like each full back position, to be from the youth set up.
Centre backs though are different.
It’s too easy to lose two of four to injury and suspension, even for one game, which could be a critical game.
It’s probably the most important pairing of the team so strength and experience is vital.

Question for those bigging up Edmondson, how many times have you seen him play to form such an opinion?
I think that you can tell quite quickly if someone is NOT going to do well but from what I’ve seen of him he is quick, mobile and I love how he will ping a pass out of defence. I think if he is patient he will be really good for us

We have cover one area of the field we are strong in will be a chance for the players sitting out to show they should be starting every week.

Like Helander but this is a blessing in disguise. When a job needs done in Europe, Niko is the man.

Niko and Goldson got us into the groups twice. Now get us out of the group big man

Back