Looks like the compliance officer is back

Suppose it helps to push the agenda that the refs are against them that they benefit from as much retrospective action.

I was shocked that Robertson only gave a yellow card. Yes, the CO can apply a retrospective ban but Robertson has to take responsibility here.

It’s a shocking tackle, there’s absolutely no need for it and the CO is absolutely right to get involved regardless of who is on the receiving end
I agree but where was the CO when Porteous left stud marks down the shin of Callum McGregor in a game at the end of October ?

"The Celtic captain was left with two gashes on his leg after the forceful tackle during the Scottish Premiership clash at Easter Road last night, which the home side lost 3-1.

It was Porteous' first match after serving a suspension for the red card he was given at Ibrox, but he was given just a booking this time around."

I agree but where was the CO when Porteous left stud marks down the shin of Callum McGregor in a game at the end of October ?

"The Celtic captain was left with two gashes on his leg after the forceful tackle during the Scottish Premiership clash at Easter Road last night, which the home side lost 3-1.

It was Porteous' first match after serving a suspension for the red card he was given at Ibrox, but he was given just a booking this time around."
I agree, I’m assuming in this case the referees report says something like he saw him take the ball first and didn’t have clear sight of the contact which then allows the CO to get involved.

To be fair I've not seen it at full speed, but Turnbull can be glad the lad's leg isn't straight or that's a very bad injury.
Not sure if Butcher realises he's got it wrong and allows his knee to flex ?

As others have said, it's a red card all day long.

With regards to kyogo diving and cheating, what can he be cited for because is simulation not only a yellow unless it cons a pen?

Nobody screamed RED CARD until the slow-mo replay yet the criticism of the ref by pundits and social media has been ridiculous. No wonder referees are desperate for VAR.

You've got to feel for the player after what appeared to be a shocking challenge.

What's the chances?
The CO reappears.
Media is awash with condemnation.

Hope Callum is ok.

The Question is what does a Compliance Officer do when theres nothing to do?

Its quite a large salary if theres no tangible 9-5 duties. Given the rarity of their required involvement its almost as though theres no need for the position itself.

Daily mail reporting that it’s a definite that butcher will be fast tracked and a retrospective red applied.

VAR has to be introduced.
That was a shocker of a tackle by hammer thrower Butcher.
Also in the last week or so we have had Robbie Nelson and David Martindale complaining of referees decisions.
VAR must be pushed through ASAP.

The Question is what does a Compliance Officer do when theres nothing to do?

Its quite a large salary if theres no tangible 9-5 duties. Given the rarity of their required involvement its almost as though theres no need for the position itself.
The Scottish game is full of people leeching a salary for doing as little as humanly possible in administrative positions , while youth football is run predominantly by enthusiastic mums and dads volunteering their spare time while holding down jobs as well. The whole set up is an utter disgrace from the SFA to the SPFL and until we see proper root and branch change it will continue

Ironic that they play us in a couple of weeks so this could end up benefiting us.
Not sure they’ll have a game this midweek so two games is next midweek and the coming weekend.
Could any ban be more than two games?
Edit: actually, our midweek game next week is from the semi final postponement so our game against them would be a second game.

Its all a tedious and predictable scenario. A Celtc player is fouled and all Hell breaks loose in the media with demands for SFA punishment, which duly arrives. Corrupt to the core and to the benefit of only one club.
This all day long. How many times have our player been taken out, yet sfa happens !

Correct decision in all honesty. Had the tackle been on one of ours we'd have wanted action taken. We probably wouldn't have got it - but that's another argument altogether. Terrible attempt at a tackle.
Not really true mate you were always on here defending Craig Thomson and he made a career out of ignoring dangerous challenges on our players.

You're opening the door to a conspiracy theory! Porteous red carded at Ibrox and only booked v them. The ref had a better view.

Not really true mate you were always on here defending Craig Thomson and he made a career out of ignoring dangerous challenges on our players.
_44605015_fayevan270.jpg

Was I? Not something I recall so, if it happened, it can't have been that frequent. You sure you're not thinking of former poster ontheline?

I'm not really sure what the relevance of that is to what I said in the post you quoted anyway? It was a terrible tackle and, had it been on one of ours, we too would have been looking to the CO to take action. Though I've suggested we probably wouldn't have got that action. You disagree? I'm lost in what you are trying to say here.

Was I? Not something I recall so, if it happened, it can't have been that frequent. You sure you're not thinking of former poster ontheline?

I'm not really sure what the relevance of that is to what I said in the post you quoted anyway? It was a terrible tackle and, had it been on one of ours, we too would have been looking to the CO to take action. Though I've suggested we probably wouldn't have got that action. You disagree? I'm lost in what you are trying to say here.
Its not something you want to remember obviously and no i dont believe you are ontheline no point in blaming anyone else.

Cant disagree its a terrible tackle but im pointing out that for years on here you didnt mind these sort of things happening to Rangers, thats all.... so if you dont mind il ignore the advice on supporting the sfa in their attempts to clean up the game which wont include similar tackles on our players or any tims that are going out to cheat.

Its not something you want to remember obviously and no i dont believe you are ontheline no point in blaming anyone else.

Cant disagree its a terrible tackle but im pointing out that for years on here you didnt mind these sort of things happening to Rangers, thats all.... so if you dont mind il ignore the advice on supporting the sfa in their attempts to clean up the game which wont include similar tackles on our players or any tims that are going out to cheat.
I have no idea WTF you are on about mate. None at all.:confused:

FWIW, I don't buy into the conspiracy theories regarding Referees I just think that, in the main, they are of a very poor standard. If I've defended one in the past then I would have had good reason to do so but, in general, discussions on the refereeing isn't something I tend to get drawn to. I'm pretty sure you've got me confused with someone else - but if it keeps you happy crack on. Water off a dugs back and all that. My post history is there for anybody to view by the way.

I have no idea WTF you are on about mate. None at all.:confused:

FWIW, I don't buy into the conspiracy theories regarding Referees I just think that, in the main, they are of a very poor standard. If I've defended one in the past then I would have had good reason to do so but, in general, discussions on the refereeing isn't something I tend to get drawn to. I'm pretty sure you've got me confused with someone else - but if it keeps you happy crack on. Water off a dugs back and all that. My post history is there for anybody to view by the way.
You done well to remain undercover but that's you outed now. Need to check back to the RTV thread in case you've secretly planted celticware attacks on us all. :)

You done well to remain undercover but that's you outed now. Need to check back to the RTV thread in case you've secretly planted celticware attacks on us all. :)
Haha, I post a fair amount of shite - and I'm happy to take the hit for it when I do - but I'm bemused by this little exchange. I mean, I post on here, a lot, maybe somewhere along the line I have committed the heinous crime of backing a Refereee - I have no idea. I expect somewhere in my 35k+ posts there will be something. 'Always on here defending Craig Thomson' though? Nah. I appeal on the grounds of 'mistaken identity' your Honour.:) If my appeal fails can my good record on RTV threads be taken into account when sentencing me please?

Back