Lorenzo Amoruso

Bigbluebear

Just listening to the H&H interview with him. What a player he was for us.

One of my favourites of all time. One of our best of the last 30 years as well. What I'd give for a player like him in the summer.

Favourite memory is the airplane celebration after scoring v the mutants.

Legend.

Great player who was prone to the odd brainfart.

Nearly scored a screamer against those fuckers on his debut.

My favourite Amo memory is having a fiver the big man first goal 3-0 up at Tannadice at 100/1

A beast in some huge games but would self destruct at times.

The joyous memories far outweigh the bad ones.

The game amo played against the poets, when Sutton and mcnamara got sent off, was brilliant,, he basically bullied Sutton that much, he chucked it and got himself sent off
It was Alan Thompson who got sent off for putting his head in to Lovenkrands before Sutton was sent off later.

Amoruso was exceptional, in the main, when he was under pressure and concentrated on his job.

His problems started when he thought he was Beckenbauer.

It was Alan Thompson who got sent off for putting his head in to Lovenkrands before Sutton was sent off later.

Amoruso was exceptional, in the main, when he was under pressure and concentrated on his job.

I think you are both talking about a game when Amo had already left...

Don't think " Broony" would have liked running into him, but he loved a Bailey's then again I don't think many guys would dig him up for it

to be fair amo was always good at kicking Sutton

Last edited:
Always forgiven when he did make a mistake as you knew that he'd win you at least 4 games a season on his own. Took my wee bro up to meet him and buy his DVD and came across as a very decent person who loves our club and country.
Gutted when he left.

to be fair amo was always good at kicking Sutton

That was all part of O'Neills percentage long ball football. Sutton fouled like phuck and most of the time the ref gave it our way and we got a free kick close to our box. Every now and again the ref penalised Amo and the papes got the free kick In a dangerous area.

Wee Dick should have been booted out the door for signing Ricksen and Bert. The 6-2 game big Amo was playing the papes on his own while the Dutch two froze.

I miss the poster Number_8 in threads like this. Amoruso was a truly fantastic Ranger, easily one of my favourites of all time. No question about it, a Rangers legend.

Correct but Thompson never even made contact with peter rabbits head,loved big amo his other big night mare was strolling upfield and losing the ball in CL was it against Monaco !and Simeone scored to basically %^*& us up,still loved the big man tho

Back