Louis Moult

He's 25 years old, and in his senior career (the last 7 years) he's been out on loan six times, has been transferred for free twice. In that time (outwith Motherwell) he has scored a grand total of 45 goals - not even 10 a season. If he's so great, why didn't the giants of Wrexham, Nuneaton, Northampton, Aldershot, Alfreton, Accrington, Mansfield or Bradford snap him up ??

If he's your idea of the future for Rangers, that's up to you, but to label anyone who disagrees with your assessment as 'embarrassing and ridiculous' is as arrogant as it is self-important. I've met many Rangers fans in my lifetime, and I respect them all. Thankfully, few are as arrogant and haughty as you.

So, because he's a late starter/been crap for the last seven years we ignore his current form?
Nobody thinks this guy is going to be a Derek Johnstone or even a Mark Hateley but everything he is doing NOW suggests he'd be plus for us.
Will the "jersey be too big"?
Who knows but how do we know if it will fit Jamie Walker?

First time I've watched him properly was tonight and he could absolutely do a job for us. He may be another who can't handle our jersey but he is worth a punt

Is he much better than say a Waghorn or on a par?
Perhaps/Probably a good replacement for Miller in terms of tenacity and intensity considering he's free. If the tattie munchers don't look at him, we are a good fit for him financially.

Gutted we never went for him in the summer now. Should definitely be looking to sign him in January.

He will be in the green and grey after the Xmas transfer window. Motherwell will want far to much for him and like hibs/hearts etc they won't sell to us but when the tims come a calling hey presto

We will soon get a chance to see him close up, I have to say he destroyed the sheep tonight, hopefully we will defend better.

Less pressure at motherwell than there is at rangers.

Comments like this do not add up. How on earth are we supposed to buy players if we don't sign them from clubs with less pressure?

Sure there may be less pressure, but that also goes hand in hand with less quality around him and less chances. So to score/create goals himself is surely even more impressive.

Get him signed Rangers.

He would do a turn for us, given that most teams we play are trying to kick us off the park. He could be very useful and at a relatively low cost.

I'd be asking Motherwell how much to take him in January a bargain.

His work rate is phenomenal and the different kinds of goals he gets too.

Last edited:
I think he is worth a punt. Space would be tighter for him due to teams sitting deep against us but him and Morelos could work instead of him playing up front himself.

We need to start killing teams off, like Partick last Friday, and this boy scores in this league.

All this "pressure would be too much at Rangers" is nonsense. Unfortunately we won't be signing anyone from the top brass pressure cooker teams like Real Madrid or Barca. Lets test Moults ambition and give him a chance.

Did our board make any suggestions that we actually wanted him or just fan hearsay?

He's certainly banging them in.

Would he be another MOH where he can't cope with us but flourishes with a lower team

He's a far better player than MOH.he works harder upsets defenders and scores goals, what more could you ask for in a striker.?

How can you possibly justify a statement like that. We talk on here about signing big McLean, and he couldn't hack it when the chips were down to - night.give me big Moult all day long.He's a winner.

He's a Motherwell level player. Fair play to him.

Wouldn't hack it at Rangers.

He's a decent player and he knows how to find the back of the net. Imagine him instead of Miller? I doubt we will renew Kenny's contract. Moult could be a decent option, imagine him and Morelos up front.

Forget his goals for a minute, his work rate is outstanding. He's a constant pest. It's a quality that's effective in our league.

Well said i think fans don't realise that there's more to the player than putting the ball in the onion bag.which is a great asset to have in a player.I would have him in a heartbeat.

Whilst there's truth in your post Bro - I wouldn't take the gamble. For me personally, there can be no more gambling with our future and no more short-term fixes. After everything we've been through, Rangers now need as sure fire a certainty as it's possible to get. Our time for projects and guinea pigs is done. If our fortunes don't maintain a positive trajectory, we could be facing another calamitous change of manager. For me, Louis Moult would be a gamble that I simply wasn't prepared to take. Others may disagree.

I'm struggling with your logic here.

You say their should be no more short term fixes, yet we signed Alves - in his later years. He could be viewed as short term.
We have taken a gamble on a couple of Mexicans that may or may not work out- hopefully they will,but time will tell.

Every signing is a gamble -some more so than others.
For what it is worth I would take a chance on Moult(for a very modest outlay) he works his socks off and knows where the goal is. It should be a no brainier

Less pressure at motherwell than there is at rangers.

We know that but some have made the adjustment.
We're getting too hung up on this "jersey might be too big" stuff.
How will we ever know?
Do we just stop signing players from Scottish clubs?
What about English clubs?
There have been plenty of English players who've failed to do it at Ibrox.
Then there is the foreigners as well.
Same story here, folks.
For me, there seems to be an obstinate blatant snobbery regarding Moult.

We know that but some have made the adjustment.
We're getting too hung up on this "jersey might be too big" stuff.
How will we ever know?
Do we just stop signing players from Scottish clubs?
What about English clubs?
There have been plenty of English players who've failed to do it at Ibrox.
Then there is the foreigners as well.
Same story here, folks.
For me, there seems to be an obstinate blatant snobbery regarding Moult.

No snobbery, just don't think he's an improvement on what we already have.

If we are to be getting back to where we belong we need big improvement, he doesn't fit that bill for me.

He's 25 years old, and in his senior career (the last 7 years) he's been out on loan six times, has been transferred for free twice. In that time (outwith Motherwell) he has scored a grand total of 45 goals - not even 10 a season. If he's so great, why didn't the giants of Wrexham, Nuneaton, Northampton, Aldershot, Alfreton, Accrington, Mansfield or Bradford snap him up ??

If he's your idea of the future for Rangers, that's up to you, but to label anyone who disagrees with your assessment as 'embarrassing and ridiculous' is as arrogant as it is self-important. I've met many Rangers fans in my lifetime, and I respect them all. Thankfully, few are as arrogant and haughty as you.

Dado prso was a mechanic till he was 24!! Have you seen moult play? He has attributes worth a low paid punt, millers retiring leaves us Morelos and Herrera next year with Hardie as back up, it's a no brainer!

Please get him signed..this guy can do a job for us.Could be another Colin Stein for us..a big success from the off and physical with it .He would do well ..I am convinced of that..

One thing I will say is I don't think he'd work well up front with Morelos. One of them would probably need to get comfy on the bench.

Going against the grain here but he wouldn't get the room to be a success at Rangers his best work tonight came on being left 1 on 1 something that Rangers strikers never get

PS Herrera might be better than Moult

Back