Louis Moult

As I highlighted in my post on page 4:

81% (13/16) of his goals from open play last season were from crosses, mostly coming in from a wide area. Given the way we play under Pedro which is definitely more emphasized on crossing I think there's enough evidence to believe that he could do well for us for very little outlay, which is key. The value for money I think would be tremendous.

Hmmmm. Hard not to be suspicious here

He absolutely did not and you're next post has to be a wind up really. Only a full would say no to a 25 year old journeyman on a purple patch? Aye nae bother
Yer sounding a tad daft here.
Ye mean 'fool'....... but yer still wrong.

As I highlighted in my post on page 4:

81% (13/16) of his goals from open play last season were from crosses, mostly coming in from a wide area. Given the way we play under Pedro which is definitely more emphasized on crossing I think there's enough evidence to believe that he could do well for us for very little outlay, which is key. The value for money I think would be tremendous.
INDEED mate, some just dinnae have a clue when it comes to football it seems.

Probably the best big rangy forward seen ever since Hateley# ?
Fearless too and score goals, so WHAT is not to Like ?

He was just about begging to come back all summer and has stated on more than one occasion he would love to come back. We chose to sign Pena instead. Lol
Carlos Pena will be a great signing for us, wait and see.
Once The Biggest THING in Mexico, bigger than slim Ronaldo (real madrid the now) in MEXICO.... than Ronaldo IS, in Portugal !
THAT'S ^^^^^^ saying something.
This 'Pena' is or Will be the Best player we have had since Gazza.'

Pedro WILL bring us Title number 55 probs next season..... once ALL the amigoes are ALL on fire !

Not sure on him, but the fact we could get him for very little outlay in January makes me think we might go for him, especially as we only have three strikers at the moment.

An addition that seems prudent but I'm happy to report that we seem to have the real deal for the first time in many years in Morelos. But in conclusion I'd sign him. Hes got something.

Carlos Pena will be a great signing for us, wait and see.
Once The Biggest THING in Mexico, bigger than slim Ronaldo (real madrid the now) in MEXICO.... than Ronaldo IS, in Portugal !
THAT'S ^^^^^^ saying something.
This 'Pena' is or Will be the Best player we have had since Gazza.'

Pedro WILL bring us Title number 55 probs next season..... once ALL the amigoes are ALL on fire !

Okay MATE, we all HOPE that you are RIGHT.

The goals he’s scored lately will be attracting interest from English clubs they will offer crazy money for him that Motherwell can’t turn down .

He's in the last year of his contract and been around even if he continues scoring it'll be £250,000-£350,000 max

On a free / pre contract or decent fee in January, both Moult and Walker would be very good business for Rangers in my opinion.

Why Moult? We need another striker option as Miller is fading and we are becoming over reliant on Morelos. Herrera is a decent option but we need more. For those saying that we should be setting our sights higher, we need to remember that we are on a journey back to the top and incremental improvement is the only sustainable way forward. Adding quality when free or cheap is the right thing to do, to make that progress year on year, rather than try to spend big and end up suffering the consequences.

Why Walker? It should be plain to everyone that we are weak at left mid / left wing. Miller is never a left mid in a million years. Windass flatters to deceive, he makes bad decisions with the ball, and is a man down when we are defending. Walker would be a massive improvement on the left side.

I'd happily see both of them sign for Rangers on a pre contract or decent fee in January.

I don't know much about Moult in all honesty, but there are some who seem to turn their nose up at every and any player from lesser Scottish sides simply because they're playing for lesser Scottish sides.

As I say, I'm not best placed to say whether Moult has the necessary qualities to make it as a Rangers player, but we have a rich history cherry picking the best Scottish talent and that won't change anytime soon.

Simply put, some of these players making a name for themselves at smaller teams will make the step up - look at Thumbheid over at the Glitterdome.

Very impressed with him last night, terrorised the Aberdeen defence, never gave them a minutes peace. Not pacy but he has proved his effectiveness in the SPL, so I think he could do well for us in that environment. I think other clubs will now be interested looking at that last night.

Last edited:
he's scored 10 in 7 games v `Herrera 1 in 4 games

He's played 245 games scoring 89 goals V Herrera 296 scoring 81 goals but he's played 4 more seasons.

On stats he's as good as Herrera and would cost a lot less.....

On stats is one thing - Herrera offers much more around the penalty box. Herrera also competed in a much more difficult league and is a MEXican international

Get him on a pre-contract and then get him cheap in Jan. Banging the goals in at the moment. Also relatively young.

He can replace Miller's place in the squad then get someone quality in with some money in the summer.

As TylerDurden said: left-back and left-wing priority though.

In an earlier post, I described Moult as being very average. Got to confess his display last night both surprised and impressed me. It would be foolish not to have Moult assessed between now and the window opening.

Would take him in a minute, there again after the midweek game I would take Connor sammon as well!

I guess the Herrera is miles better stuff is based on 1) His price, 2) He played for Mexico once upon a time (once since 2015 as far as I can see) and 3) He plays for us.

Last night wasn't the first time I've been impressed with Moult, he does look a very decent player and his record shows that he knows the way to goal. Last night, his work rate and willingness to get stuck in evidence throughout. He showed great invention for the opener, although it wasn't actually going in, the skill and imagination were there. His 2nd goal showed a willingness to chase down what looked a lost cause and the finish was superb. I'd definitely have him scouted thoroughly between now and January and if he keeps getting such favourable reviews then he is worth the risk for what would be a relatively small outlay.

Would take him in a minute, there again after the midweek game I would take Connor sammon as well!
Lay off the beer mate . He can't get a game for Hearts has been a sub most of the season for Thistle, you don't get that high up in the game without reasons, he couldn't get a game for Wigan either

Assess potential impact for us against money spent to get him.

I think its worth a 250k Jan bid at least.

Lay off the beer mate . He can't get a game for Hearts has been a sub most of the season for Thistle, you don't get that high up in the game without reasons, he couldn't get a game for Wigan either
No beer taken in the writing of this thread, however it was meant in jest i did put a wee sarcastic smiley in at the end which never appeared. What cant be denied is sammon ragdolled us for an hour up untill young McCrorie came on and thats got to be worrying before tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back