Low block the biggest barrier to 55

We need more creativity and slick passing from the back. Passing along and round to the wings is fine but you need to mix it up and breakthrough these teams from a variety of angles. Even go through the middle then wide but watching our CHs distribution is quite painful and I’d include left defence in that criticism.

Goldson tries the threaded through ball and it's usually cut out as it's wayward. He then resorts to that long aimless punt that runs out the park for a goal kick.

I like when Katić steps out from the back but more often than not he finds a square pass/turns back the way. We need more of what Helander produced at East Fife. Whilst the opposition were poor he was still comfortable of picking up the ball, bringing it out of defence and finding a team mate. It's too slow in and around our defence and midfield. That's and being played at a walking pace, which just allows the opposition to get into position and in numbers.

This is a very good point, we have played 14 games and only lost 1. The 1 we did lose was against a team who came at us.

Teams parking the bus is murder to watch but we have beaten all these teams so far. It’s just not pretty.
Need to qualify that to a point.
We also beat teams who did come at us.

You mentioned arrogance before.
Is it not the definition of arrogance to claim this to be the the correct terminology?
It’s a made up term.
Nothing wrong with that in itself but it isn’t correct.

It’s not me that made it up though, it’s used by professionals in the game. Are you saying the professionals are using an incorrect term?

I can’t say it’s wrong as I don’t know the origin of the phrase.
Final comment to you on this one.

You can’t say it’s wrong because it’s not. Professionals use it, most know what it means. You, and a lot of others, don’t like it but you’ll just have to lump it as you can’t force people not to use it.

To be fair, it’s in the thread title so if you dislike it so much you should have saved yourself the click.

Aye, but the more chances we create and the higher the quality of chances the more likely we are to score.

Listen mate I’m not arguing about that however, and to quote the little general, the chances we miss are 100% chances.

Defoe against St Mirren and Morelos yesterday were two of the easiest chances we’ll see all season.

The best way to get rid of the low Bl ? oh %^*& it, parking the bus attitude at Ibrox is simple when the main culprits come and do it is beat them , make sure they go away with zero points, after a few seasons it may dawn on them that the tactic is not working they may then change their tactics eventually. Simple

We will no doubt beat these low block sides this season more than last but it does make for a crap game of football, we need to score first and early to make it more of an exciting game.
3pts is all that matters in the long run though.

Weird seeing so many people getting triggered over the term ‘low block’, haha.

Ye aw know what it means.

Back