lower leagues to return to training

Guess that means we better start prepping for resumption of Scottish Cup.

We’ve a free weekend in less than a fortnight. Get the Cove game played then.
I noticed some premiership games have now been scheduled for that weekend. Not sure if that will have an impact?

Depends on whether priority is given to Cove restarting their league games. I'd imagine they'd have a lot to catch up on. I think the SC will need to wait.

I wonder where the will fit in the fixtures. We still have Europe and then the OF. after that its a game a week at least for the split with the potential of 2 further euro ties if we get past Prague.

It would make sense to move all the league fixtures forward rather than have the 2 week gap before the old firm but with us missing Tav and Roofe, i would rather they didnt. Not sure Sky would allow it to be moved either.

If they have to play the 27 games to get their league done then that will take priority. Theres also 11 2nd round ties to be finished first before the 3rd round starts.

%^*& playing a part time team that gets tested during the week then piss off back to there day jobs.

Good stuff.

You’re mental if you don’t want the Scottish Cup to resume.

12 years since we’ve won the fecking thing. It’s ours to win.
I consider myself perfectly sane and to be honest, I couldnt give a f**k about the scottish cup. The fact we're in march and it hasnt started yet, to me makes it a waste of time.

All focus for me is on the league being wrapped up and as good a run in europe as possible.

all for the Scottish cup resuming. The more I get to watch us play the better!

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon tells parliament “Later today, the public health minister will support the resumption of competitive football in Scottish Leagues 1&2, SWPL 1 and for the purposes of playing Scottish Cup ties, certain Highland League teams”

For the purposes of completing the Cup, and rescuing any sponsorship and TV money, how incompetent do you have to be to be unable to come up with some money to provide tests for lower league clubs?
Those retards couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Having said that, I'm a bit scared of a resumption because Cove is kind of similar to Covid.

For the purposes of completing the Cup, and rescuing any sponsorship and TV money, how incompetent do you have to be to be unable to come up with some money to provide tests for lower league clubs?

Having said that, I'm a bit scared of a resumption because Cove is kind of similar to Covid.
League will be over before we play them.

No law that says all 2nd round ties have to be played first.
There's not but when Premier have 2 ties to choose from and BBC have 2 per round they will want to know what the schedule is. Even if the 5 3rd round ties at present take place then the winners of those games will be waiting for teams to catch up. April 30th is the last day of championship season so that will be aim for league one and two as well to get their 27 game season done. Some teams in league one and two still have 19 league games to be played. Can see it being all played out in May.

There's not but when Premier have 2 ties to choose from and BBC have 2 per round they will want to know what the schedule is. Even if the 5 3rd round ties at present take place then the winners of those games will be waiting for teams to catch up. April 30th is the last day of championship season so that will be aim for league one and two as well to get their 27 game season done. Some teams in league one and two still have 19 league games to be played. Can see it being all played out in May.

I'll wager that there is no combination of results in round two that would mean TV not picking Cove at Ibrox.

I'll wager that there is no combination of results in round two that would mean TV not picking Cove at Ibrox.
Yeah we will be on Premier as well as tims with whoever the winner of the 2nd round game is. Its all about dates though given Premier show a lot of other football

Great news.

It's a travesty to think these clubs could come back to play the Scottish Cup having played no competitive matches in months.

Whilst I want to progress, it kinda feels wrong to run up cricket scores against some of these teams that are not match fit.

They were all given money by the Hearts 'benefactor' at the start of the season. Where's it gone? Have the lower Leagues done ANY testing? Wasn't that what the grants from the Hearts guy were for?

They were all given money by the Hearts 'benefactor' at the start of the season. Where's it gone? Have the lower Leagues done ANY testing? Wasn't that what the grants from the Hearts guy were for?
They only had to test if they played a team in the Premier league.

Back