lower leagues to return to training

They only had to test if they played a team in the Premier league.
I'm aware that's the case with regards the Scottish Cup. So, we are to assume, I guess, that those grants - up to £50,000 per club I believe - were just swallowed up. They went to routine running expenses and not Covid measures? £50,000 is a lot of cash to a club in League Two.

I'm aware that's the case with regards the Scottish Cup. So, we are to assume, I guess, that those grants - up to £50,000 per club I believe - were just swallowed up. They went to routine running expenses and not Covid measures? £50,000 is a lot of cash to a club in League Two.
Think the grants they used went to wages and running of the club. Did clubs not got access to some form of government grant as well? I would guess that is being used to cover the cost of testing?

Think the grants they used went to wages and running of the club. Did clubs not got access to some form of government grant as well? I would guess that is being used to cover the cost of testing?
Lower League clubs did get grants from Govt, top flight had to apply for loans.

However, you say the Govt grants were to cover testing - having stated earlier they were only testing if drawn against a top flight club. Which is correct - but you can't have it both ways. Basically these clubs have had a wedge of cash from the Hearts guy and from the Govt to keep them going in the absence of their 3 men and a dog crowds since, it would appear, they've not had to take the more expensive Covid measures (they will obviously have had to implement some Covid-safety stuff for training and games, just no testing). I don't want to sound like I'm coming down too hard on them, and they certainly have their place, but they've had a raft of handouts so my 'sympathy' for them is running a wee bit thin at this stage.

There were strings attached to some of the funding. The money from the Hearts fan has to be used for some kind of community benefit.

Lower League clubs did get grants from Govt, top flight had to apply for loans.

However, you say the Govt grants were to cover testing - having stated earlier they were only testing if drawn against a top flight club. Which is correct - but you can't have it both ways. Basically these clubs have had a wedge of cash from the Hearts guy and from the Govt to keep them going in the absence of their 3 men and a dog crowds since, it would appear, they've not had to take the more expensive Covid measures (they will obviously have had to implement some Covid-safety stuff for training and games, just no testing). I don't want to sound like I'm coming down too hard on them, and they certainly have their place, but they've had a raft of handouts so my 'sympathy' for them is running a wee bit thin at this stage.
No I am saying they're maybe using those grants they can access now to cover the cost of weekly testing? They're only allowed to start back because they've guaranteed to do weekly tests which is of course different to what the rules were for cup competitions.

I feel for them a bit given they've sacrificed for 2 months due to the tims trip to Dubai.

No I am saying they're maybe using those grants they can access now to cover the cost of weekly testing? They're only allowed to start back because they've guaranteed to do weekly tests which is of course different to what the rules were for cup competitions.

I feel for them a bit given they've sacrificed for 2 months due to the tims trip to Dubai.
Fair enough mate. So they've swallowed up the grants they got from the Hearts guy, they've probably swallowed up the grants they got from the Govt - and now they have to do weekly PCR testing. How long until they come calling for more grants I wonder? Most only have 9/10 games to play plus the Scottish Cup so it should be 'doable'.

Otherwise known as the Glen Kamara grant B-D

Fair enough mate. So they've swallowed up the grants they got from the Hearts guy, they've probably swallowed up the grants they got from the Govt - and now they have to do weekly PCR testing. How long until they come calling for more grants I wonder? Most only have 9/10 games to play plus the Scottish Cup so it should be 'doable'.
Be interesting to see how they do cope with the cost of testing. If they stick with the 27 game season for league one and two then you're talking 16-18 games remaining for teams plus however many of them last in the cup.

Great news.

It's a travesty to think these clubs could come back to play the Scottish Cup having played no competitive matches in months.

Whilst I want to progress, it kinda feels wrong to run up cricket scores against some of these teams that are not match fit.
As long as it's not an England v India last week cricket score...

Be interesting to see how they do cope with the cost of testing. If they stick with the 27 game season for league one and two then you're talking 16-18 games remaining for teams plus however many of them last in the cup.
No chance they are doing 27 games IMHO. They will cut that to 18 I think.

Back