Lowry back training with the first team

Love the sound of a well passed mitre.

Edit: Or Adidas. Just remembered these are Champions League balls in training. :))

Last edited:
Will he be here, or go out loan do you think?
Hopefully in a 60+ game season God willing then the best place is here, working with Gio and Makaay and Davis and Arfield. He just needs those 15 games doesn’t he to keep developing

Great to see that whatever seems to have happened in pre-season with the rumours about his condition when he came back that were going round may have been resolved!

So important for the club and for him to kick on and challenge for a place.
This lad stood out at the youth tournament the club won in dubai and has the ability to go to the very top of the game i think and i would love to see him score against the stinkies first team next time

The lad is a real talent and there will surely be game time for him in the first team over the course of a long season.
I’d hate to see him loaned out.

Not too worried, he'll lose about 20% of his body-weight when he removes his tracksuit :)

Anyone else notice Scotty Arfield's the only one working away like a madman ... ?
Some don't realise how important he is off the field.

He trains well and leads by example and the way he helps new players settle is first class.

You always see him in the videos of new players having tours etc and he is always having a laugh with them and generally an important figure.

Goal celebrations too, he always makes sure the new boys get involved and feel part of it.

Great to see, hopefully kicks on.

I’m torn on the loan thing, I don’t see the point in keeping him to play in early round cup matches and then in the last couple of league games. I think his game time is likely to be limited due to the players we have in there. I don’t want him going to a Scottish team, I’d like to see him going to Holland IF he was to go out on loan.

Would love to see what a Lundstrum Lowry Tillman midfield three looks like.

The exact same as a Lundstrum, Lawrence, Tillman midfield...just another option to keep it going for 90 minutes against 10 man defenses. Good news for us. Like Arfield, and those two, he moves beyond stagnant defenses.

I could see him being involved wide left like he was last season as well though, so sub appearances out there will help.

Possibly mate, but we've got Kent, Matondo, Lawrence, Wright and Sakala all probably ahead of him for a wide position.

I think it will be very difficult for him to get regular minutes and this season may be a case of just bedding himself into the 1st team squad.

No way should we loan a player of his ability ffs.

It's a catch 22 situation.

Keep him to develop and improve with our 1st team with very little game time, or take the risk of him going on loan, playing more, but not necessarily developing the way we want him to.

Loved watching Lowry last season. Think his game time with us will be very limited this season in view of the others ahead of him currently. If he is to go out on loan, I would like to see him loaned out to a championship club in England or possibly abroad like Holland/Belgium.

As we upgrade our squad it will be harder for our homegrown youngsters breaking into the team on a regular basis.To get the jersey you have to be better than the player who has it now and the regular substitutes.
I'm all ears if anyone wants to tell me who he is in front of, midfielders or wide players.

Important season for him.
I'm certain he’ll get plenty of game time.
Maybe put him in against the lower half league teams to start off with.
A midfield three of Lundstram, Lawrence and Tillman is hard to see past right now.
Front 3 of Kent, Morelos and Matondo is also a very exciting prospect.
I like to think that Lowry can play in a number of these front 6 positions.

Back