Lowry goal was a thing of beauty

It was indeed. The composure to slot it in shows the confidence he has in his ability.

And he will get better through game time in the first team.

A fantastic prospect.

Absolute peach mate. I'm very excited about King and Lowry. Would really, really like to see them playing 20 games each next season minimum.

I know we talk about it all the time but if we can bring through a quality youngster every season or two the savings are immense. It really needs to be the model.

Also helps take care of European quotas etc without having to think about it.

It boils my piss when I see us sign people like Bacuna and Simpson.

A lot of older experienced pros could learn a thing or two from it, what a controlled composed finish. A good number of players would snatch or blaze the ball wide or over (kent is bad for putting it wide for example).

Gordon, who is by no means a bad goalie, is stunned when the ball flies bye him - he doesn't expect Lowry to hit it so early or so cleanly.

I didn't appreciate how good a goal it was on Saturday, but I watched it again this morning and you realise its a fantastic goal.

It was a wonderful finish.

I’m obviously not making a direct comparison, but it reminds me of the sort of goal Messi has scored so often in his career. His feet are to do quick he’s got the ball under control and taken the shot before the keeper can even prepare for it.

It reminded me a wee bit of Alfie's goal up at the Sheep last season (other side of the box). Such quick feet and decision making that totally caught the keeper off guard.

It was indeed. The composure to slot it in shows the confidence he has in his ability.

And he will get better through game time in the first team.

A fantastic prospect.

I think he knew he was pulling one over their keeper, the execution of the shot was utter genius.
The keeper was waiting for him to take another step, Lowery sprang him though and caught him completely unawares.

Take a look at the touch to control and the shot, he doesn’t adjust his body to put it away. Very unorthodox and very clever.

It was a wonderful finish.

I’m obviously not making a direct comparison, but it reminds me of the sort of goal Messi has scored so often in his career. His feet are to do quick he’s got the ball under control and taken the shot before the keeper can even prepare for it.
My exact same thoughts when he scored. Messi esk goal....

I think he knew he was pulling one over their keeper, the execution of the shot was utter genius.
The keeper was waiting for him to take another step, Lowery sprang him though and caught him completely unawares.

Take a look at the touch to control and the shot, he doesn’t adjust his body to put it away. Very unorthodox and very clever.

I think he hit it earlier than the keeper expected.

I just hope he gets game time next season in the first team. He is a great prospect for us, so lets not give him bench time. Play him.

He is young. But, he will run riot in the spl next season if given the chance.

I'm sure of it.

Very assured young footballer in his ability. And rightly so.

I think he hit it earlier than the keeper expected.

I just hope he gets game time next season in the first team. He is a great prospect for us, so lets not give him bench time. Play him.

He is young. But, he will run riot in the spl next season if given the chance.

I'm sure of it.

Very assured young footballer in his ability. And rightly so.

Absolutely no two ways about it, he caught Gordon out big time.

I hope so too, it’s vital for the health of the academy, we get players involved.

Won't let me watch the video, as it says it's not rated.

Having already seen it elsewhere, I can confirm its filthy!

He's going to be some player.

Immediate thoughts when I saw the goal we’re: 1. great finish from young Lowry, took it in his stride and caught Gordon, who’s no slouch, completely off guard.
2. Defender gave him too much space and kept backing off him for some reason. I know some may say that I’m taking too much away from Lowry but had that been a Rangers defender I would have been spitting blood
Again, don’t want to take credit away from the lad as his positioning/awareness was great and he took full advantage, couldn’t ask for more

Immediate thoughts when I saw the goal we’re: 1. great finish from young Lowry, took it in his stride and caught Gordon, who’s no slouch, completely off guard.
2. Defender gave him too much space and kept been a Rangers defender I would have been spitting blood
Again, don’t want to take credit away from the lad as his positioning/awareness was great and he took full advantage, couldn’t ask for more

And Gordon should have seen it accordingly. His defender being inept, Gordon should have adjusted to accomodate shite defending.

But he probably never expected a sublime pass into the net.

Which is better. :))

The young lads all done well against Hearts tbh, they didn’t look out of place which says a lot.

Itten had a good run out too with a well taken goal.

Against a real defence he may not have the time and space but the trigger pull was so fast after the shoulder shuffle it almost looks like his feet are about to scuff the ball but somehow it’s clean contact.

All in about 0.0000005 seconds.

Absolutely sensational and I’ve watched it over and over again.

I dont care if someone resembles elephant man, stick on that bears jersey and express yourself. Which he does.

Love the wee fella to bits.
That was a real tongue in cheek comment btw I've been a hippie hairy bastard for decades.

He's just doing his own thing and going for it and absolutely fair play.

Could be worse he could have a manbun :eek:

That was a real tongue in cheek comment btw I've been a hippie hairy bastard for decades.

He's just doing his own thing and going for it and absolutely fair play.

Could be worse he could have a manbun :eek:

As long as he doesn't think he is Bale. :))

Hairdo is ludicrous.

Gordon, who is by no means a bad goalie, is stunned when the ball flies bye him - he doesn't expect Lowry to hit it so early or so cleanly.

I didn't appreciate how good a goal it was on Saturday, but I watched it again this morning and you realise its a fantastic goal.
Gordon is a great shot stopper. There have been times when you could think there was no way past the big lady's front bottom. When you look at our goals. It took a point blank header, a piece of brilliance and a strike which Alan Shearer would have been proud of to beat him. But his cloak of invincibility has been removed. He can be beaten.

Thought so myself.

A little jink to make space for himself then instantly stabbed it low past the keeper when I doubt many were expecting him to do so.

I’ll say it tentatively, but I think this kid could be an outrageous talent.

Was a great move. The thing that caught my eye was the wee shift Lowry does to make the half yard for himself before pulling the trigger. He's going to be a player the lad.
That’s it, he doesn’t give the keeper time to set, noticed similar with his first goal a few months back in the cup. Hits them that early that he doesn’t even have to smash them.

That’s it, he doesn’t give the keeper time to set, noticed similar with his first goal a few months back in the cup. Hits them that early that he doesn’t even have to smash them.
Yep that's always a sign of real quality.

Too many players have a strong tendency to lash at it and go for power over placement but this lad looks cool as a cucumber.

Im sure he got it cut off at some point as he ended up with mental health issues due to the chants.
Aye plus Baddiel & Skinner blackfaced up and relentlessly ripped the pish on their show.

Not their finest hour, perrafannies.

Back