Lowry vs Gilmour

Is Lowry a better prospect than Gilmour?

• Total voters
Gilmour needs to be careful, his career could hit a total standstill.

Needs to play for a team who dominate the ball.

EPL recruitment and loan teams see us as on a par with a pub league so would rather send a player to Norwich to get pumped 5-0 every week and get about 30 touches of the ball a game.

Gilmour is a class act, but he tends to sit more central and has more defensive skills, whereas Lowry likes to drift wide and has attacking tendencies, and has serious vision for a defence splitting pass.

Two different players, different abilities but I think, only on current viewing, that Lowry has the far better potential.

Gilmour is quality, and is a more established player of course, but I think Lowry will surpass him. Rangers potentially could be courting g some serious bids for the player in the coming season or two.

Lowry finishes far better than Gilmour different type of player. Gilmour is a holding and link up player. Lowry is more of a forward player with a good eye for a goal.

Lowry breaking through means we could sell Aribo or Kamara in the summer without weakening the first team.

Gilmour is gone, and will probably move on loan or permanent to someone like Brentford or Fulham to restart his career.

Scotland will have a very decent midfield for the next decade.

Gilmour dominates games with passing and moving. Keeps it simple but his intelligence is top drawer. Stands out for Scotland all the time.

Lowry is a much more attacking threat, can get at people and has a trick up his sleeve.

What do you think folks, does Lowry look a better prospect than Gilmour?
Tough question, Gilmour has bags of talent and is being stifled in the EPL (imo) - he would benefit from a season back with us.

Lowry made the biggest decision of his life in extending his contract with Rangers, he will have seen what NP did and the cult following he earned - he has managed to break his way into the first team this season and will hopefully feature regularly next season, continuing to develop while he does it as well.

Gilmour could have been our first £20m+ player from the academy - Lowry will be.

I think Gilmour's more a playmaker, Barry Ferguson like obviously up and coming, but Lowry reminds me a bit of Gazza in his ball control and ability to see and hit a forward pass.

Lowry is an unbelievable talent. He’s the best we’ve produced in my time…he looks even more talented than Barry Ferguson.

BG didn’t play in our first team but I’d have him back in heart beat.

Lowry is a much more attacking player and has a cutting edge to his game that Gilmour doesn’t have in front on goal.

Gilmour is fantastic at what he does in a deeper role, is proven at a higher level so far and is further on in his development

Both the future of the Scottish game

Lowry chose to stay, Gilmour never and tbf who could blame him with Pedro.
Gilmour is at a bit of a stutter the now. Back out on loan next season to who knows.
Lowry will shine for us next season and will go on to great things in football.

In terms of potential, yes. Different players and both exciting to watch. Would love Gilmour to come back soon and play for us but I don't see it happening.

Different players, but very similar in the sense that they receive the ball with their head up, already looking for the pass. Ferguson was like that too.

Gilmour needs to be careful, his career could hit a total standstill.

Needs to play for a team who dominate the ball.

EPL recruitment and loan teams see us as on a par with a pub league so would rather send a player to Norwich to get pumped 5-0 every week and get about 30 touches of the ball a game.
Very true.
Gilmore would flourish in our team.
But..he left

Two different players that would be fantastic in same team together. Both their games would rise.

Lowry is the attacking midfielder we have lacked for ages,good passer of the ball forwards,this boy will save us millions and make us millions.

Back