Lucozade

Datman

What's the story with Lucozade. Someone gave me a bottle yesterday and it tasted rank, not like I remember when I was lying on the couch as a young un pretending to be ill to get off school. 2 disprin and a bottle of lucozade was Ma wee Ma's prescription everytime

Had a bottle of the Orange flavour for the first time in ages just the other day. Tasted like supermarket no frills brand Fanta.

Not impressed

I think some of the flavours they are bringing out now are absolutely rank,especially the orange one:eek:......am i allowed to say that;).

The sugar tax has killed it. They needed to make it with less sugar.

Used to drink it often but not had it in months since the change.

They halved the sugar content, Diabetic UK had posted a warning on it, Type 1 diabetics use it if taking a hypo to get the sugar levels back up fast, you need to double the amount to get the same result.

Last edited:
Had it last weekend. Absolutely rotten. Depressing as it used to be a good wee alternative to the usual!

What's the story with Lucozade. Someone gave me a bottle yesterday and it tasted rank, not like I remember when I was lying on the couch as a young un pretending to be ill to get off school. 2 disprin and a bottle of lucozade was Ma wee Ma's prescription everytime

My dad worked for Beechams in the early 80s. Mum would not let us drink soft drinks because of the sugar but my dad brought home crates of the stuff, the original stuff was rank.

The orange stuff is great but it's still just concentrated fructose or glucose.

The orange lucozade was a god send on those Monday mornings where you where still rough from the Saturday. It is rank rotten now as previously stated due to the Sugar Tax.

I miss it :(

As has been said the sugar has been removed and only the bizarre flavour of whatever it is made from (melted welly boots?) remains. Sad days.

I actually like the orange one. Original Lucozade was always rank. I preferred Ferguzade - even more sugar.

Very rarely have it but I like a bottle of original Lucozade now and again.

Loved the original, probably why i'm a fat bassa !

The new (less sugary) one just doesnt cut the mustard, theres a shop near me that sells the original 330ml cans and its the real deal but don't know how much longer you'll be able to get them. Sad times !

Used to love the orange but as others have said it's not the same. Now drink Diet Pepsi , no sugar, yet it tastes quite good, well I think so anyway.

I liked the Cherry one when I needed a pick up with a hangover but rarely see it now so it's back to the Rockstar or Red Bull

Back