Luis Lopes (Duk)

They are far from skint Cormak is wadded and they got 8-9 million between Ramsey and Ferguson.

He’s not worth anywhere near what they would want for him.

Absolutely anonymous against us at Ibrox.
Did he not score a hell of a free kick
35 games, 15 goals and 6 assists from his first full season playing first team football, for a terrible Aberdeen side.

23, good age! One we should definitely be keeping an eye on, sure he's only on a two year deal
The sheep have found a gem in this guy and they know it. Like Ferguson we won’t be able to afford Duk, wisen up.

Tilman is who we should be buying outright.

Aberdeen will be wanting at least what they got for Ferguson or Ramsay, probably more in line with what they got for the latter. Especially when considering the fact, that attackers usually cost a fair bit more in the market in general.

Probably something close to the £3 or £4 million mark. They're not a club we can bully into selling either, they've sold a few players for a tidy profit over the years and they'd drive a hard bargain given it's us. He's on a fairly long contract too.

I think the biggest takeaway is that teams like Aberdeen and Hibs regularly find players better suited to the SPL than we do. You hear a lot of people stating "we need better etc etc" we don't need better, we need players that will help us win the league every year, it's as simple as that.

As for Duk, I see him a lot like Aluko, he would be great in our team.

One we should be looking at and is defo getable. Player deals these days are structured. X amount up front plus % of next sell on and so on. Aberdeen lose money year on year and if they want that big fancy stadium they keep talking about they’ll need to sell their assets. People also forget that when the big club comes along the player will chuck it and demand a move.

I'd take him in our team. He looks like a handful and would boss many SPFL teams with better midfielders round him.

Any idea how long his contract is with that shower? Would be infinitely better than Matondo or Wright that for sure.

This will be a thread when some will act like he could easily be taken from Aberdeen despite them selling a few players in recent years for multiple million pounds.

We won't sign him
Add to that a quick check of Wiki shows Cormack sold off the business he founded in the USA for $800 million . He will have no interest in a £2m bid from Rangers for his biggest footballing asset. He may be useless at organising his football club but he won't need any cash + Scott Wright deal from us.

We are well and truly effed then if this is the best we can hope for.
I dont think anyone is suggesting he should be our number 1 target. But he would be an upgrade on Wright and Montondo for a start. Our squad will never be full of 3/4m players. Aberdeen would want that though but for 1m he would be a bargain.

Only see him when plays against us looks a good player. Remember we Novo turned out a good player for us recon he could do similar job.

7f92b1.gif

If I could get rid of Scott Wright & Matondo & replace them with a squad option like Duk, I would.

At 23 it’s his first proper season after getting a great footballing education at benfica. When you see his record for their B team it’s decent.

Has more goals & assists combined this season than Wright or Matondo probably will ever achieve in any season in their careers.

They will want minimum £3-4m though.

Last edited:
Add to that a quick check of Wiki shows Cormack sold off the business he founded in the USA for $800 million . He will have no interest in a £2m bid from Rangers for his biggest footballing asset. He may be useless at organising his football club but he won't need any cash + Scott Wright deal from us.
Cormack will have an influence but it will be limited.The players have all the power these days.If we offer 1- 2 million and Aberdeen say they want 5 million I doubt we would pay that for a player in our league.If Duk wanted to join us they would then have a very unhappy player in their dressing room.His agent would be straight up the stairs demanding that his player gets the wages of a 5 millon player.

You have to give credit to Aberdeen both with Duk and also Miovski who is of a similar age and background. Both have done well and will surely be sold within the next 18 months for a good return.

Im not sure either are much use to Rangers if the measuring stick is "hes better than Wright/Matondo" since neither of them are even close enough to being good enough.

You have to give credit to Aberdeen both with Duk and also Miovski who is of a similar age and background. Both have done well and will surely be sold within the next 18 months for a good return.

Im not sure either are much use to Rangers if the measuring stick is "hes better than Wright/Matondo" since neither of them are even close enough to being good enough.
giphy.gif

The issue is Aberdeen will want more than we will be looking to pay - look at Lewis Ferguson for example aberdeen would have wanted 5m had we declared an interest.

If DUK on the open market is 2.5m they will want 4m from us and that money could be better spent elsewhere IMHO - for what it’s worth and what I have seen he looks a decent player.
I often see this cited but surely this is counterproductive if they were to charge us more and have a clause in the deal that they get a percentage of a profit of the next sale?

1 million quid for Miovski and Duk is excellent scouting tbf.

They've had some howlers mind with Ronald Hernandez and the rubbish Dutch lad.

I often see this cited but surely this is counterproductive if they were to charge us more and have a clause in the deal that they get a percentage of a profit of the next sale?
They see it as ... they don't want to sell to a rival - as laughable as that is.
1 million quid for Miovski and Duk is excellent scouting tbf.

They've had some howlers mind with Ronald Hernandez and the rubbish Dutch lad.

Throw enough shite at a wall some will stick ... but aye Duk and Miovski and I would also say Ramadani have been decent additions for not a lot of money.

I think the biggest takeaway is that teams like Aberdeen and Hibs regularly find players better suited to the SPL than we do. You hear a lot of people stating "we need better etc etc" we don't need better, we need players that will help us win the league every year, it's as simple as that.

Totally agree with this. If we sign players who can help us win the league over a period if 5 years then that allows us to get access to CL money.

We can then look to upgrade on player signings to help us in Europe and we go forward.

Also who knows some players we sign who we seem to be average might get better and rise to the challenge.

Cormack will have an influence but it will be limited.The players have all the power these days.If we offer 1- 2 million and Aberdeen say they want 5 million I doubt we would pay that for a player in our league.If Duk wanted to join us they would then have a very unhappy player in their dressing room.His agent would be straight up the stairs demanding that his player gets the wages of a 5 millon player.
Wouldn't be the first time they dug their heels in and to hell with it. Players like Snelders at his peak, Robert Connor.... they went in the huff and they still refused to sell. They will never sell to us. We got Wright cos his contract was up, before that David Robertson, Stephen Wright and Ryan Jack only because out of contract. Hell will freeze over before they sell to us.

Wouldn't be the first time they dug their heels in and to hell with it. Players like Snelders at his peak, Robert Connor.... they went in the huff and they still refused to sell. They will never sell to us. We got Wright cos his contract was up, before that David Robertson, Stephen Wright and Ryan Jack only because out of contract. Hell will freeze over before they sell to us.
We paid just shy of 1 million for Davie Robertson and 1.5 million for Stephen Wright.So there is previous. If we want Duk and Duk wants to come we will get him.Back then relations were at an all time low after the Simpson tackle on Durrant so never say never.

Surely players that help us win the league over players that don’t help us win the league is better? No?

We do need better. We need players that will perform better than what we have.

We paid just shy of 1 million for Davie Robertson and 1.5 million for Stephen Wright.So there is previous. If we want Duk and Duk wants to come we will get him.Back then relations were at an all time low after the Simpson tackle on Durrant so never say never.
They were fees set by tribunals after the players contracts ran out.....pre Bosman era.

Did we not loan their captain from them in 2011?

a five pager on a player that we have no idea if we are even interested in, I can't wait for the summer transfer thread, the insanity will go all the way up to 11o_O

Do Aberdeen and Hibs regularly find players better suited for the SPL than us? I’m not sure thats correct mate.

Pretty sure the Duk to Aberdeen move was as simple as an agent suggesting him to Aberdeen, as opposed to any in depth scouting.

He is definitely the type of player that would help us and better us domestically.

And that is the be all and end all for me right now, to win the league

Aberdeen actually spent a bit of money this season, comparatively to other teams. Nearly 2M on Duk, Miovski and Ramadani. But I think it was shown up by Goodwin being a poor manager. Duk has become the standout player, maybe outwith the OF and if we could get him in, he'd contribute more than Matondo has for sure

Surely players that help us win the league over players that don’t help us win the league is better? No?

We do need better. We need players that will perform better than what we have.
I think what I’m trying to say is that some of the players that our supporters turn their nose up would actually perform well in our team.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen enough of him to judge whether he’d make it at Rangers or not but, if he is that good, it would be nice to pry another good player from the Sheep.

Back