Luis Lopes (Duk)

Tbh I am unconvinced by the suggestion of the OP plus he wouldn’t fit the ‘starter’ status MB stated this week .

I think iliman Ndiaye of Sheffield United is the player and level we should be considering in this window for the forward position .

Happy enough for us to consider the guy Dion Sanderson there have been stories saying we are tracking him I think he looks a candidate for CD too .

The key Q though is which MF we can get in too , that seems a critical signing . If you watched the game closely yesterday you will notice we had an obvious gap in having a MF punching up to support the forwards and counters . Even at the penalty decision watch it Starfelt totally panicked and screwed up when they had an 8 v 3 scenario .

That MF signing is major

Duk, Campbell, Kelly and Shankland.

Thats how we go about getting back to the top.

I guess these people only watch football in our shit league.

Eff me
Selective list. People also wanted Ferguson, Doig, Hickey. You're not an automatic dud just because you've played in our league.

Did anyone want all 4 of the guys you listed?

I think Aberdeen are one club who are never going to give us anywhere close to a reasonable fee for a player. And if we’re in for a player other clubs will likely be and wouldn’t be charged the 20% subsidy they would put on us. Free transfers with them or nothing

Selective list. People also wanted Ferguson, Doig, Hickey. You're not an automatic dud just because you've played in our league.

Did anyone want all 4 of the guys you listed?
Don't be so silly, I was the first to suggest we signed Kamara years back.

I have no issue with players in our league if they are good and at the right price.

Those 4 names are being banded about just now on the transfer thread.

My standards for the club moving forward are much higher I'm afraid.

Not Rangers standard. Decent player but not our class at all.

Just like Sands is a decent player, just not Rangers standard and not the type of player you can fully rely on when the going is tough and we need to grind results out.

Duk isn’t a good enough replacement for the goals of Morelos, it’s as simple as that. We need a better standard of player, so for me, no thanks on that one.

Don't be so silly, I was the first to suggest we signed Kamara years back.

I have no issue with players in our league if they are good and at the right price.

Those 4 names are being banded about just now on the transfer thread.

My standards for the club moving forward are much higher I'm afraid.
I'm sure you were. It's nothing to do with fans having low standards, just your clearly superior eye for a player. Makes sense that you talk down to everyone in this thread.

I'm sure you were. It's nothing to do with fans having low standards, just your clearly superior eye for a player. Makes sense that you talk down to everyone in this thread.
I really don't I just don't like any of the names mentioned, if I liked a player who plays in our league I would happily suggest them like I did with Kamara.

I also wanted us to sign Docherty but that one didn't work out.

Have you no ambition for our club mate ?
I do mate but we can't be buying all our players from Bayern Munich.We need to be creative and find good players from other Clubs before they get out of our reach.Imo Duk is a talent and would fit in well to our team.

This will be a thread when some will act like he could easily be taken from Aberdeen despite them selling a few players in recent years for multiple million pounds.

We won't sign him
This will be a thread where some will act like superior arseholes and speak about their fellow supporters in a patronizing way. Despite the thread only being posted to ask peoples opinions on whether or not Duk would be worth considering.

I do mate but we can't be buying all our players from Bayern Munich.We need to be creative and find good players from other Clubs before they get out of our reach.Imo Duk is a talent and would fit in well to our team.
There’s thousands more clubs than Munich to get players from and yes we need to be creative and get out and find raw talent all over the globe or we just let Aberdeen find them and buy them from them or employ the person who found Duk.

There are plenty places like North Africa the Balkans South Korea even closer to home in Scandinavia where gems can be found, yes the boy is a good player and may or may not fit into our squad but there’s plenty others to be had

They are far from skint Cormak is wadded and they got 8-9 million between Ramsey and Ferguson.

He’s not worth anywhere near what they would want for him.

Absolutely anonymous against us at Ibrox.
They ARE skint, do not be fooled

Source- their Corporate Sales Manager

This will be a thread where some will act like superior arseholes and speak about their fellow supporters in a patronizing way. Despite the thread only being posted to ask peoples opinions on whether or not Duk would be worth considering.

Sure he’s worth considering

It’s worth considering we won’t pay the fee Aberdeen would ask for for him.

Valued at £500k on Transfermarkt. Could probably get him for £1m or £1.5m I reckon.

I think he has a lot of potential. Only 22. Could be a cheap punt and see how he fares.

Transfermarkt is the Wikipedia of football sites, not a reliable resource of player valuations made by experts spending hours considering every detail.

The market place where Aberdeen got this guy is full of similar level players. If this is our level then why not go there and get similar to him for the same price as Aberdeen did.

The market place where Aberdeen got this guy is full of similar level players. If this is our level then why not go there and get similar to him for the same price as Aberdeen did.
Wilson doesn’t know it , his extensive contact list seems to cover only English Academy and Belgian league football.

I think Aberdeen are one club who are never going to give us anywhere close to a reasonable fee for a player. And if we’re in for a player other clubs will likely be and wouldn’t be charged the 20% subsidy they would put on us. Free transfers with them or nothing
So let’s ignore Davie Robertson and Stephen Wright.

I’m unconvinced on what I’ve seen of him against Rangers. The odd flash of skill on the ball and a decent hit at a free kick. Largely though, in my eyes, anonymous.

There’s thousands more clubs than Munich to get players from and yes we need to be creative and get out and find raw talent all over the globe or we just let Aberdeen find them and buy them from them or employ the person who found Duk.

There are plenty places like North Africa the Balkans South Korea even closer to home in Scandinavia where gems can be found, yes the boy is a good player and may or may not fit into our squad but there’s plenty others to be had
You seem to be generally in agreement with my thinking.

Somebody needs to tell Ross Wilson , he seems oblivious.

So let’s ignore Davie Robertson and Stephen Wright.
Not so much ignore them as forgot about them, not exactly relevant today are they?

Besides Wright played 7 games for us and cost us more 27 year ago than we pay for some of our current first team today.

Davie Robertson signed over 3 decades ago

Not so much ignore them as forgot about them, not exactly relevant today are they?

Besides Wright played 7 games for us and cost us more 27 year ago than we pay for some of our current first team today.

Davie Robertson signed over 3 decades ago
Wright got a bad injury that’s why.

Sorry didn’t realise you put a time limit on your statement.

Valued at £500k on Transfermarkt. Could probably get him for £1m or £1.5m I reckon.

I think he has a lot of potential. Only 22. Could be a cheap punt and see how he fares.

Transfermarkt values aren't to be taken seriously. Alex Lowry is £250k for example...

I don’t know why posters don’t understand,

The Sheep hate us more than they like their own team there is absolutely no way they are selling us their best player on the cheap they will want 4-5 million from us minimum and he’s not that good.

I’m not one to write off Scottish based players, there have been plenty in recent years I’d have taken. Duk isn’t one of them though.

Reminds me of some of the foreign dross Scottish teams would sign from bigger leagues during the late 90s early 00s period.

Just a few weeks ago it was all about that other striker they have who didn’t touch the ball in either game against us. You’d think Aberdeen have a title challenging strike partnership according to here.

I’m not one to write off Scottish based players, there have been plenty in recent years I’d have taken. Duk isn’t one of them though.

Reminds me of some of the foreign dross Scottish teams would sign during the late 90s east 00s period.

Just a few weeks ago it was all about that other striker they have who didn’t touch the ball in either game against us. You’d think Aberdeen have a title challenging strike partnership according to here.

He’s young, fast, strong and scored more goals than Morelos this season.

I’m not sure it’s an outrageous suggestion.

If he was playing for Helsinki, would it be a different view?

We’ll be signing 2017 Morelos, not 2023 Morelos as a replacement fwiw. Beale always talks about development and no finished articles.

At 22, I don’t think it’s outrageous to suggest he’s worth looking at.

Which is almost exactly what Beale said in his presser yesterday, but im not advocating his signing

Of course, it’s more unlikely than likely that we sign an Aberdeen striker, but given his return, his raw attributes and indicative price point, I’m not sure it’s as laughable as some suggest.

The boy is a stand out in a truly awful football team. So much so it's actually hard to gauge how good he is.

Aberdeen have had some really poor sides over the last decade but the current team are of such low quality that anyone with even basic control of a football at their feet sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb.

Back