Luka Modrić

giphy.gif

I'm always confused when a footballer gets complimented on FF, if he's not Brad Pitt, there's always that one guy who tries to make fun of his appearance...as if it matters in the least to him or anyone else.

He's Luka Modric, he's won multiple league titles, multiple cups, 5 Champions leagues, been voted best player of a World Cup, winner of the Ballon D'or and 30 odd other individual awards.

He's still out there at 37 playing as well as anyone.

He has a beautiful wife, 2 lovely kids and is a multi-millionaire through his talent and hard work.

You are Beer Belly Loyal.

Quite simply up there with the great midfielders of all time.
My favourite of all time Iniesta

From the same village as Dado Prso (Obrovac). Went to same school in Zadar a few years after Dado. His father worked with a mate of mine.

OOC at Madrid this seasons ending. Wonder if he will stay or move on.
Ronaldo/Ramos at front of recent UCL glories but Modric the underrated piece.
Underrated? The only player to break the CR7/Messi Balon D'or 10+ year winning streak? THAT Modric?

I doubt anyone else will remember this incident, cos it wasnt shown in any replays or commented on at the time. i remember being at hampden for a scotland croatia game early 2000s, more or less a dead rubber qualifier cos we were out and they couldnt win group. We took the lead in first half, second half they started passing us off the park, Modric running the show. Scotland were pressing and they broke, for some reason I was watching what Scott Brown was doing ( cos he should have been bursting forward from the position he was in and didnt). He made a weird 40 yard diagonal run 50 yards behind the plat and literally booted modric , 60/70 yards away from the ball at this point. Modric chucked it and Scotland won 2 nil. Couldnt believe what I was seeing and if the cameras were on him/ anything at stake brown wouldve been crucified for it.
Anyway dont want to derail Modric appreciation thread going on about that fud, I've been lucky enough to see him in flesh a couple of times since then and he;s something special, pops up everywhere , takes total responsibility and has as good technique as anyone I've seen. Definitely an all time great and one of the very best of his generation.

He's amazing, people go on about Ronaldo and Messi being the only two to have consistent levels at the very top, well i'll tell you what Modric might not score 30 or 40 a season but there's been no one better than him in his position year in year out for the over a decade.

Not only a fantastic midfielder he stood up against the Croatian gangsters that used to run the Croatian league and who played where depending if you gave them some of your salary.
There was trouble at the Euros 2016 amongst the the Croat fans, depending on whose gang you were in .
Modric had to go to court to prove who his salary belonged to.
Gangsters spoil everything.

Not only a fantastic midfielder he stood up against the Croatian gangsters that used to run the Croatian league and who played where depending if you gave them some of your salary.
There was trouble at the Euros 2016 amongst the the Croat fans, depending on whose gang you were in .
Modric had to go to court to prove who his salary belonged to.
Gangsters spoil everything.

A word for this absolute rolls royce of a player, 37 years old and a absolute joy to watch in the centre of midfield, sees everything and his range of passing with both feet, long and short passes, little balls around the corner. The way he times his runs into the box

Majestic, one of the greatest midfielders of all time for me
Oi! He’s a solid gold, diamond-studded Rolls-Royce of a player, thank you!

Worth the price of a season ticket by himself, he always has an extra yard of space and half second of time to pick his pass or run, never wastes the ball, always does something positive - he’s brilliant.

Yes, I’m a fan :D

Aye I’ve heard there’s hundreds of boys who have his ability working in the booze aisle

What a tremendous player he is
Doesn't disgiuse the fact that technically gifted players in this country are discarded if their not strong enough. Its always been the case and will never change. Modric is built like the side of a fag paper but controls all around him. There's a reason we've only qualified for 1 major tournie in over 30 years and were honking when we got there.

Back