Lundstram- Touch and Passing

Can't be faulted for effort but it's not realistic to expect him to suddenly display ability to compete with CL finalists. Mental for anyone to think otherwise.

That was back to early Rangers career Lundstram tonight. You can say the opposition were world class, but doesn’t excuse continually making the wrong choice or a short pass.

Needs to up his game again.

Wasn't his night tonight. Can't say I'm too worried about him going forward.
Exactly. If you are constantly facing your own goal with little up front or forward thinking midfielders and defenders it's hard to control anything.

He's just not very good, truth be told. Is capable of being very good, but just as capable of looking miles off it. He should be the level of our squad players and we should be aiming to have midfielders capable of operating at a higher level.

He has been miles off it this season. He looks lazy, I was tearing my hair out watching him against Dundee United at home. Soft lazy passes and half arsed jogs from side to side.
Tonight was an awful performance that can’t be condoned even though he gets away with murder due to him being the fans’ golden boy.

Reactions: dmg
Him and Davis literally ran ragged tonight with a baffling lineup, poor lad was trying to put out fires everywhere, no surprise when he finally got the ball he didn't do much with it - he was knackered

Guy has become a cult hero in a Rangers shirt but for me in games where we are pressed, by top class teams or indeed domestic dogs of war, he really struggles with his control of the ball and his passing.

His accuracy and pass appreciation is terrible, sometimes fires it at his team mate from yards away or plays a bobbling ball across the pitch that does nobody any favours.

Plus his movement to receive the ball is poor compared to Jack and Kamara who are far from world-beating number 6’s themselves.

Midfield is such an important position and whilst he has his uses and talents, he has glaring flaws that when we want to move the team forward, will become more and more obvious.
Has been poor all season not the player we all thought he was or going to be.

Technically poor and so slow to move the ball

Lundstram was rotten tonight. But with a midfield 2 of him and the aging Davis, is it any surprise they were both overwhelmed and smothered by a very strong Liverpool team. Our midfield was anonymous tonight due to Gio’s preference for a back 5.

Why we shouldn’t rest (drop) him, Tav and Borna against St Mirren at home is beyond me.

Guy has become a cult hero in a Rangers shirt but for me in games where we are pressed, by top class teams or indeed domestic dogs of war, he really struggles with his control of the ball and his passing.

His accuracy and pass appreciation is terrible, sometimes fires it at his team mate from yards away or plays a bobbling ball across the pitch that does nobody any favours.

Plus his movement to receive the ball is poor compared to Jack and Kamara who are far from world-beating number 6’s themselves.

Midfield is such an important position and whilst he has his uses and talents, he has glaring flaws that when we want to move the team forward, will become more and more obvious.
Yeah but we were totally overrun in midfield tonight. We were outnumbered and JL and SD got little support. Tillman disappeared, Kent ran down the normal blind alleys whilst the 2 fullbacks were neither up not back. Simply awful team performance. And yes I know who we were playing. But that doesn’t excuse the type of performance we got tonight.

He was extremely poor, but let’s factor in he is trying to cover ground against a World Class team alongside Steven Davis, who is still starting games for us in the CL in 2022.

Can't stop thinking about a thread I read from a Sheffield Utd fan, who said he was outstanding for them, the first season, and a disaster, the second.
Shaping up that way.

Something off with him, his reaction to losing the ball is not what we need away from home.

He needs to start doing his talking on the pitch.

Playing against the best teams in the world so by the process of elimination we are up against the best players in the world coached by the best mangers in the World. I respectfully ask you to go and boil yer heid

He's still class but he froze on the big stage in front of all his family and friends. He'll regret that in years to come.

He was extremely poor, but let’s factor in he is trying to cover ground against a World Class team alongside Steven Davis, who is still starting games for us in the CL in 2022.
Agreed, both were awful, but neither has the legs for a 2 man midfield expected to compete at Liverpool away - who on earth thought that was a good idea?.

Presumably Tav & Barisic were meant to push forward & help them - it didn’t work.

Let's be honest bar the 3 months from February to May last season (where he was very good), he has been at best average and at worst rotten.

Looked like was his first time playing football yesterday.

Would drop him but problem is no one to replace him so we are stuck with him during this poor run of form.

Laudrup is God and Albertz Was King make a reappearance after going into hiding at the weekend.

How predicatable :D

Domestic dogs of war :D :D

You forgot to add "his first touch is a crime scene"

There’s a big difference between being 7/10 most weeks in the SPL and being regular top Europa league, occasional CL level.

Either we settle for not competing at a good level consistently or we aim for better over a long period of time.
He hasn't been a 7/10 most weeks in the spl though so we aren't even getting that.

Back