Lundstram- Touch and Passing

He was incredibly poor last night, probably worst i have seen him in a blue jersey. He has been poor all season, needs to up it or spend time on the sidelines

He was in there on his own.

Davis was sleeping.

Jack forever gets the grave yard shift from
gio.

If we are getting pumped, he gets the call. Maybe start him.

The guy has had about 5 really good games in a rangers shirt which all came in a few months. It’s not just him though, none of our midfielders are really good enough. We need to recruit some young energetic and technical players who can pass and move. We have far too many old slow guys in the middle

Has never been a great player. Won some fans over with a few good performances and hard tackles. He was a free transfer during his 'peak' years, would command no transfer fee right now, and would not make any EPL team squad. In terms of technical ability he's probably behind Jack, Davis and Kamara. But he's definitely more robust.

That is the reality of where we are right now. Until we make a real investment into CM, we will not improve our standard of football.

IMO he's far more influential played further forward. He's a goal threat as well. When he's playing in defence or sat in front of the defence, when he gets pressed he's all over the place

Consistency is the biggest issue in our midfield. We have talent and effective players but they all blow hot and cold.

Guy has become a cult hero in a Rangers shirt but for me in games where we are pressed, by top class teams or indeed domestic dogs of war, he really struggles with his control of the ball and his passing.

His accuracy and pass appreciation is terrible, sometimes fires it at his team mate from yards away or plays a bobbling ball across the pitch that does nobody any favours.

Plus his movement to receive the ball is poor compared to Jack and Kamara who are far from world-beating number 6’s themselves.

Midfield is such an important position and whilst he has his uses and talents, he has glaring flaws that when we want to move the team forward, will become more and more obvious.
Why do you think he is plying his trade with us and not in England?

Think he's struggling with an underlying Injury. He isn't reacting quickly enough to 2nd balls and bossing all the 50:50's like he was last season. He's looked well short and appears his mental sharpness has gone.

Nice enough guy and a steady player for the SPL. Still prefer Kamara though and Sands could probably do a job too

Guy has become a cult hero in a Rangers shirt but for me in games where we are pressed, by top class teams or indeed domestic dogs of war, he really struggles with his control of the ball and his passing.

His accuracy and pass appreciation is terrible, sometimes fires it at his team mate from yards away or plays a bobbling ball across the pitch that does nobody any favours.

Plus his movement to receive the ball is poor compared to Jack and Kamara who are far from world-beating number 6’s themselves.

Midfield is such an important position and whilst he has his uses and talents, he has glaring flaws that when we want to move the team forward, will become more and more obvious.
He had a poor game, he'll dust himself off and bounce back.

He can't play at that level. In fact none of our outfield players are that level. Liverpool v Rangers is no different to Rangers v Livi.

We can blame tactics to a point but for example Lundstram goes beyond any tactics being the issue last night
Slow in movement & thought, passing was brutal & first touch was poor throughout and a complete negativity about his play. A combination of all these things resulted in a shocking performance.
That could be said about all 4 who played across the middle from Kent, to Tillman to Davis to Lundstram.
The basics weren't there in any of them & were all so easily brushed off the ball at times and again all 4 seemed to be unwilling to get close to their man when they had posession & took the easy option of sitting in space

On a more positive note John Lundstrum’s mum helped me across the road last night.. Long story short my legs took a bit of a battering at turnstiles and I could hardly walk after the game and mrs Lundstrum was on hand,a very genuine lady and we spoke about Johns love for the Rangers.

Big fan but he's been rotten this season.

Not the only one but he's someone I expect to stand up & be counted when others aren't playing well.

On a more positive note John Lundstrum’s mum helped me across the road last night.. Long story short my legs took a bit of a battering at turnstiles and I could hardly walk after the game and mrs Lundstram was on hand,a very genuine lady and we spoke about Johns love for the Rangers.

Great attitude and someone that loves being here so understand why hes popular have to admit though i just see a very average footballer every time i watch John Lundstram.... i wouldnt complain too much about being poor against Liverpool right enough but im often thinking what does he actually do ?

Back