Lundstram

What a thread haha. Glad I never posted in it! To be fair I don’t think many would have disagreed too much with some of the comments at the time. Biggest transformation from any player I’ve seen.

I don’t think he suits starting games where we will be on the front foot from the start, he’s the guy you bring on to slow it down and take the pace out the game or where we are playing in a defensive manner which we rarely do, if at all.

I do think he’s a good player, just in the wrong type of team. He contributed more than Hagi in the first half.
It’s a bad day when you are reading back your own posts and thinking “oh shut up ya banger”

Happy to be very wrong.

Bit of an unfair bump tbh. He wasn't playing well at all at the beginning and really did slow a lot of play down.

Turns out that it's a good lesson in giving players time to settle, and maybe a bit of a look at how Gerrard was playing him in a way that clearly didn't get the best out of Lundstram, but it would be a bit of a revision to say criticism wasn't warranted at the time.
Aye, it just smacks of smugness. Bottom line is he was playing very poorly at times, barely passable in other games. It's an incredible turn around and I'm delighted that we have him but let's not make out as if the majority were berating a player that clearly was going to come good.

Aye, it just smacks of smugness. Bottom line is he was playing very poorly at times, barely passable in other games. It's an incredible turn around and I'm delighted that we have him but let's not make out as if the majority were berating a player that clearly was going to come good.
Berating a player that needed a wee bit time to find his feet. A Rangers Shirt comes with expectations few will have experienced before coming to Ibrox.

Berating a player that needed a wee bit time to find his feet. A Rangers Shirt comes with expectations few will have experienced before coming to Ibrox.

It's a tricky one though mate, because part of being at Rangers is that players don't have as much scope to find their feet - every game is must win, and I can understand why fans get impatient if someone doesn't look to be pulling their weight.

But then you see the benefits of giving that time in Lundstram and Bassey.

As fans we probably do need to be a bit better at supporting players through initial rough patches, but I suppose some fans just have a different view on how far that goes and how long to give (although based on how knee jerk some of them are I'm glad they aren't in charge!)

That's why I dont pay the slightest bit of attention to threads decrying players. The best time to make any judgement is at the end of a season and look at the positives and negatives. Look at the list of players written off early season (not just Lundstram ) who have come through with flying colours. Interesting to see how quick any newcomers get written off early doors next season on here.

I've always likes Lundstram amd thought he was harshly treated.
He had some cracking games pre Xmas, but the full team were struggling.
I still hoped we got rid of him om January though, thought it would have been better for all party's.
The %^*& do I know.

Not for me lol I want him to stay and win us that title, because I know he wants to too.

I love threads like this being bumped, especially when it shows up the know it all posters.
As soon as we have a bad game or poor run of form, someone is picked out and trashed.
John Lundstram has made a lot of people look very silly.
Can we give players a season or so to settle before throwing the toys out the pram in future?

To be fair this was one of a number of threads the FIFA 17 football managers on here piled on to and made an absolute fool of themselves.

Admin should go back through the threads and remove Well-Known and posters should for ever more be known just as a Member, and be excluded from proper football chat.

BTW it's not about him being the worst player on the park or there being others that played worse, it's about the type of team we are with him in it.

The shape and momentum of our team changes with Lundstram in midfield and not for the better.

Everything slows up and breaks down. There's no fluidity.

People might think he's not that bad a footballer and that's their right, but there's some players that just don't fit a team or system. He's 100% one.

:) :)

do they have bowling clubs or something over there you can take up instead ?

We all get it wrong sometimes I admit I didn’t fancy him after malmo and Dundee Utd he looked like a lazy so n so

But op you’ve had a nightmare

I'd go as far as even up until end of January I wouldn't have been upset if he was let go on loan or a permanent. He came on against Ross County when we were 3-2 up and tried a mental long diagnol in stoppage time. Straight out park. They take throw in, force a corner and score. I as convinced everytime he stepped foot on park he was a jinx.

He has turned it around since then however and credit to both himself and the manager for sticking with him.

It’s a bad day when you are reading back your own posts and thinking “oh shut up ya banger”

Happy to be very wrong.
There was a lot worse than you, mate. A lot worse.

Some of them trying to justify their comments by saying "but he was bad back then" instead of admitting they made a complete and utter tit of themselves.

Me? Never a bad word.

I saw the inner Baggio right from the start. :))

There's no getting away from the fact he was rank at first and didn't look a good fit. Will be at the core of the team next season Mr Big Bad

Came in off the back of a poor season, not ITK and would never pretend to be but someone I trust spoke with him in September and he was getting over covid as well - could be pish but he looked burst after 30minutes.
We are now seeing the player he can be, thanks to Gio giving him a role he thrives in, brilliant on the ball and the best we have at breaking up opposition play.
Let’s hope he kicks on next season and carries on where he left off.

Back