Lundstrum v Davis (some stats)

He gets us up the park more than Davis does with his runs and passing. Also has 10 league goals in the last 3 seasons, Davis has none.

I dont think Jack is actually that similar to Davis in terms of playing style/role.

Davis is a deep lying playmaker. Jack is more of a defensively minded midfielder focused on breaking up attacks or that very brief purple patch he had as an no.8 where he got a few goals.

I like Jack but he's getting better & better the longer he's been out injured. Neither him or Lundstam for that matter are the same level as Davis (last seaso)

I dont think Jack is actually that similar to Davis in terms of playing style/role.

Davis is a deep lying playmaker. Jack is more of a defensively minded midfielder focused on breaking up attacks or that very brief purple patch he had as an no.8 where he got a few goals.

I like Jack but he's getting better & better the longer he's been out injured. Neither him or Lundstam for that matter are the same level as Davis (last seaso)
In terms of stats Jack was the most offensive of our midfielders pre injury. This isn't a case of someone getting better while they're out injured, he has always been excellent. I think most folk focus on the defensive side because he's so good at taking the ball in that area but he gets up the park more than anyone in that position too.

In terms of stats Jack was the most offensive of our midfielders pre injury. This isn't a case of someone getting better while they're out injured, he has always been excellent. I think most folk focus on the defensive side because he's so good at taking the ball in that area but he gets up the park more than anyone in that position too.

When he played as an 8....

He never managed to regain that form which may have been injury related

I think Jack should take over from Davis when he is fit. Davis is 36 and it’s showing. Lundstram is 9 years younger than Davis and he’s barely more mobile and fit.

I actually think Lundstram has had far more good games than bad games for us this season and has a future with us. Also think that his bad form was symptomatic of the rut that the entire team was going through, but that’s just a theory so far.

However he’s not even remotely close to being trusted in big games, you don’t know which JL will turn up yet.

I'd have Jack starting before either of them and we should be signing someone in the summer that absolutely nails that position as their own. Davis has just not been at it this season, personally I think he slows play down and offers little defensive solidity.
You beat me to it but there’s a very good chance this is what happens if he can stay fit.

I think there’s more to come from Lundstram for sure. Davis, who knows what’s going on there. And hopefully Jack comes back the player he was before the injuries.

He gets us up the park more than Davis does with his runs and passing. Also has 10 league goals in the last 3 seasons, Davis has none.
Because cup goals and European goals don't count. Overhead kicks against celtic, top corners against St.Mirren, goals in the Champs League qualifiers and against Porto just don't cut it for you. :D

Haha. Some stats on you lad.

Davis does have an invincible league title medal as a lynchpin of the team,the football writers player of the year on his mantle piece,the record for the most capped British player of all time and plenty of Europa league scalps in his back pocket in the last 3 seasons..

Never got on board with Lundstram.

Davis has been brilliant for us, in both spells with us, but age is clearly catching up.

The real question is do we need either or a replacement with the new set up domestically? Probably not.

Because cup goals and European goals don't count. Overhead kicks against celtic, top corners against St.Mirren, goals in the Champs League qualifiers and against Porto just don't cut it for you. :D

Haha. Some stats on you lad.
I'd left them out because you can be up against different standards of opposition but if you want to include them that's fine, Jack is still outscoring him.

The RangersReview55 twitter account was offering stats for various players earlier so I asked them to do a comparison with Davis (last season) and Lundstrum (this season).

702ba21008a910bb2c4b452e7015f12a.png
Right, I haven’t got a clue what you’re post is about , I do know that Davis is a great player who makes himself available to help every team mate on the park giving options while JL is more a wall and is used to find space or angles for the passer to receive back in a better position. If that’s what the Picasso drawing means then why didn’t you no just say that :))

Back