Lyle Taylor - Charlton striker

I don’t think he’ll be on more than 5k a week at Charlton. They’re not a big club and they don’t pay large wages.
We probably trebled Aribo’s wage when he signed. If not more than trebled it.

adamski

Can only really mean us or them. Have a feeling Taylor could be a Rod Wallace type signing, people underwhelmed then turns out to score crucial goals.
Rod Wallace was an English League title winner. Played European football regularly. Then banged in 29 goals for us in his first season.

It's one hell of a jump to think a guy who has played for dud sides his entire career, would then walk into our side, and emulate that.

stephen ferris

Rod Wallace was an English League title winner. Played European football regularly. Then banged in 29 goals for us in his first season.

It's one hell of a jump to think a guy who has played for dud sides his entire career, would then walk into our side, and emulate that.
was talking more in terms of being a below the radar signing not comparing ability wise (Wallace Signing at the time compared to Gio or Numan or Kanchelskis) but proving at the end of the season to be a very shrewd signing.

ronadamus_prime

Lyle and Aribo appear to be very good friends. They constantly comment on one another's Instagram posts and like each others posts. If it's between us and them then, I would imagine he'd like to link back up with his mate. Could be wrong though, that mob could have offered him silly money.

rfc_chris_rfc

Wouldn’t want him as second choice striker, if we keep Morelos we need a more reliable striker than him imo to support when Morelos can’t play

Thebearman

If Morelos does leave he's going to be almost impossible to replace! Will take a few players to replace him! Would be a decent signing on a free, allowing money to be spent on other positions

OrigTommy

I see he is refusing to play for Charlton to avoid injury because he has a big move lined up this summer.

If rumours are to be believed its us that are waiting. Wouldn't be surprised if Aribo's put in a good word.

I think he'd be a cracking signing. 30 years old but has been a late developer, far better player than Kamberi, he's also a big unit and much more suited to the loan striker role than Defoe. He also knows the Scottish game having been at Falkirk and Partick Thistle in the past.

Ideally we'll play 2 up front next season and he could partner Morelos. At the very least its a more exciting option than the likes of Lyndon Dykes.
If we play 2 upfront then Morelos won't be here. He's not shown any suitability in any 2 up formation. That doesn't suit his style nor play to his strengths.

I agree that 2 up is what we should be playing and would be content to cash in on Morelos to allow us to have suitable players for the roles.

MCMLXXXI

I've seen him a couple of times & looked OK without being outstanding.

Not the right age, would want too much money & seems to have an attitude problem so that would rule him out.

Burgh-Ger

If Morelos stays we need one other striker, if he goes we need 2.

Don’t see the issue in bringing in someone like LT to push AM on.

BlueBeatts

I think Morelos needs more competition to keep him pushing on. As good as Defoe can be, he hasn’t got the legs to run as much as AM does and it’s been seen a lot that we need AM to turn players and run at goal. Defoe can’t do that.

sandy102uk

As I understand it he has asked not to play as he has said he did not think he could fully commit as he had been offered a life changing opportunity. He did not expect to be playing in June. As for coming to Rangers I don't really know enough about the lad.

Bowery Boy

Lyle and Aribo appear to be very good friends. They constantly comment on one another's Instagram posts and like each others posts. If it's between us and them then, I would imagine he'd like to link back up with his mate. Could be wrong though, that mob could have offered him silly money.
Would like to think he'd choose us but given he'd be back up at both teams he might follow the money.

Delboy Trotter

Hopefully not true

We need better than Charlton players if truth be told

I know Aribo came from there but he’s not a nailed on starter every week for us just now.

TPB90

Lee Bowyer said his move would be life changing, I doubt he would refer to a move to us as that after his Aribo meltdown.
Probably not but Aribo has scored in the Europa League and against Brazil for his national side since moving to us so its fair to say its been pretty life changing for him.

SouthLDNBear

I've been to see Charlton a few times, mostly out of boredom and lack of suitable alternatives down here. Every time I've been to see them they have been rank fucking rotten, I honestly couldn't tell you if this guy was even playing in the matches i've taken in.

CV is pretty honking though.

Arkanoid

I think it's a done deal, He's in his prime (whether that is good enough, time will tell) knows Scottish football, physical, mobile and will fight and scrap for this opportunity. I also think Bowyer is acting the Khunt outing all this trying to scupper his move and generate interest from elsewhere. I for one hope we continue to steal toptalent from whatever tin pot sides Bowyer is associated with, but that's just because I'm spiteful:D

queensferrybear

Bowyer does come across as a complete knob, however I do sort of agree with him. Taylors contract is up at the end of June, there is 3 games left to play before the end of June, Taylor is refusing to train or play while his contract is still running, that itself (regardless my opinion that he is nowhere near the level required to be a regular starter for us) rings alarm bells about his attitude and mentality. We need players who are willing to fight for each other, he is one that is walking out of his team before his contract is up meaning they might get relegated.