Lyle Taylor - Charlton striker

As I understand it he has asked not to play as he has said he did not think he could fully commit as he had been offered a life changing opportunity. He did not expect to be playing in June. As for coming to Rangers I don't really know enough about the lad.

Lyle and Aribo appear to be very good friends. They constantly comment on one another's Instagram posts and like each others posts. If it's between us and them then, I would imagine he'd like to link back up with his mate. Could be wrong though, that mob could have offered him silly money.
Would like to think he'd choose us but given he'd be back up at both teams he might follow the money.

Hopefully not true

We need better than Charlton players if truth be told

I know Aribo came from there but he’s not a nailed on starter every week for us just now.

Lee Bowyer said his move would be life changing, I doubt he would refer to a move to us as that after his Aribo meltdown.

Probably not but Aribo has scored in the Europa League and against Brazil for his national side since moving to us so its fair to say its been pretty life changing for him.

I've been to see Charlton a few times, mostly out of boredom and lack of suitable alternatives down here. Every time I've been to see them they have been rank fucking rotten, I honestly couldn't tell you if this guy was even playing in the matches i've taken in.

CV is pretty honking though.

I think it's a done deal, He's in his prime (whether that is good enough, time will tell) knows Scottish football, physical, mobile and will fight and scrap for this opportunity. I also think Bowyer is acting the Khunt outing all this trying to scupper his move and generate interest from elsewhere. I for one hope we continue to steal toptalent from whatever tin pot sides Bowyer is associated with, but that's just because I'm spiteful:D

Bowyer does come across as a complete knob, however I do sort of agree with him. Taylors contract is up at the end of June, there is 3 games left to play before the end of June, Taylor is refusing to train or play while his contract is still running, that itself (regardless my opinion that he is nowhere near the level required to be a regular starter for us) rings alarm bells about his attitude and mentality. We need players who are willing to fight for each other, he is one that is walking out of his team before his contract is up meaning they might get relegated.

He's not going to a club that competes for trophies in England. So that does point towards us.

We won't be giving him £20k to be the third choice.

He can play across the front 3 and is a different option to Defoe. Is also a goal threat which puts him way ahead of Jones, Barker etc

I must be missing something here with this conversation on talksport: what's the difference between him downing tools now and in the last few weeks of a "normal" season?

Let's face it he's a far better player than barker so get rid of barker get Taylor in squad is stronger instantly

He would be a good addition to our team. Is better than Barker and Ojo who's now away.

Can play across the front three.

Would be a good signing.

I must be missing something here with this conversation on talksport: what's the difference between him downing tools now and in the last few weeks of a "normal" season?

Games are restarting on June 20. His contract will expire on June 30.

Charlton would either expect him to then play without one or extend it temporarily to finish the season.

Not many who are out of contract are going to risk a massive pay day for 10 days.

Charlton would either expect him to then play without one or extend it temporarily to finish the season.

Not many who are out of contract are going to risk a massive pay day for 10 days.

So technically still not honouring his contract, even if it's only ten days. Not a good look, I think.

He won’t be on much more than 5k a week at charlton and someone who has a 1 in 2 ration from the right of a three is a bloody good return in a pretty decent league.

I think he’d be a decent acquisition.

He won’t be on much more than 5k a week at charlton and someone who has a 1 in 2 ration from the right of a three is a bloody good return in a pretty decent league.

I think he’d be a decent acquisition.
Appreciate people saying he’s a late developer but take away Charlton and you have a 30 year old with very little career history , think we need better.

Remember sone aluko and yes he was younger but he had hardly played with big clubs infact you could say it was a poor career history until us.

Birmingham
Aberdeen
Blackpool
Aberdeen
Us
Reads better than some of the clubs Taylor’s been at but hey there are always exceptions but this guys stats do not inspire me at all.

Appreciate people saying he’s a late developer but take away Charlton and you have a 30 year old with very little career history , think we need better.

I'd agree with this.

My main issue isn't his age - it's the lack of match and trophy-winning experience.

This isn't usually an issue with the right team but it is when no one else in the team has any experience of it either.

Reads better than some of the clubs Taylor’s been at but hey there are always exceptions but this guys stats do not inspire me at all.

I’d say some of the clubs listed to name a few he’s played for are bigger than Birmingham,Aberdeen and Blackpool, his current stats 1in2 cannot be grumbled at.

Millwall
Sheffield United
Bournemouth
Scunthorpe
Charlton

I’d say some of the clubs listed to name a few he’s played for are bigger than Birmingham,Aberdeen and Blackpool, his current stats 1in2 cannot be grumbled at.

Millwall
Sheffield United
Bournemouth
Scunthorpe
Charlton
Guess it all depends on how you view it and what level these clubs were playing at when he was there.
as for his 1/2 that’s with one club only.

Would be an idiot to do so.No loyalty in football.Are Charlton going to see him alright if he picks up a cruciate ruining his move? Of course they wouldn't.

Where did this rumour come from? Is it just because we were linked last summer, or is there more to it?

I can only hope we've uncovered a Jamie Vardy type gem.

Looks a journey man, who's played with no pressure and having a purple patch.

Cant stop thinking if its only 10 days, he could have just been "injured", sore back, doc, have a look at it, I am in pain....
That would have been easier

I can only hope we've uncovered a Jamie Vardy type gem.

Looks a journey man, who's played with no pressure and having a purple patch.

Leicester signed Vardy 8 years ago, he was 24/25 and had played for two or three clubs previously.

Taylor is 30, has had more clubs than Tiger Woods and has already played in Scotland on three different occassions - Falkirk and Patrick Thistle (twice).

Leicester signed Vardy 8 years ago, he was 24/25 and had played for two or three clubs previously.

Taylor is 30, has had more clubs than Tiger Woods and has already played in Scotland on three different occassions - Falkirk and Patrick Thistle (twice).
I know mate, gives me the fear. Surely we can't use the versatile card, just get a bloody good player for 1 position.

Back