Lyle Taylor

Wouldn’t that put him in exactly what ur looking for stat wise. If he has scored 6 already in just under half a season then getting 10-15 should be fairl expected
I mean 10-15 goals roughly that many games, the mentally challengeds have had that for years in Rogic and now Christie is doing it. A midfielder who scores a goal every second game is obviously very hard to find but it's what we need.

I mean 10-15 goals roughly that many games, the mentally challengeds have had that for years in Rogic and now Christie is doing it. A midfielder who scores a goal every second game is obviously very hard to find but it's what we need.
Rogic and Christie basically play as number 10s or second strikers we don't play a number 10 anymore that's why none of our Midfield are particularly prolific we prefare a flat midfield that control the game and gamble that our forward line are prolific enough to score the goals for us

Rogic has never hit double figures in his whole career. V poor player

We could do worse for a third choice striker imo rattled them in for Charlton since he has been there ps he's coming on as a late sub for Charlton on Sky football just now

Last edited:
Rogic and Christie basically play as number 10s or second strikers we don't play a number 10 anymore that's why none of our Midfield are particularly prolific we prefare a flat midfield that control the game and gamble that our forward line are prolific enough to score the goals for us
We don't play one because we don't really have one, it would be a very useful tool to have at against the jobbers of this league.

We don't play one because we don't really have one, it would be a very useful tool to have at against the jobbers of this league.
I do agree would be good to have as an option but we have more times than not swatted the Jobbers in the league aside and put about 5 past them especially at Ibrox so we are still scoring freely without one however wouldn't be against having Aribo Stewart or Arfield as a 10 in some games

Last edited:
Reactions: LD5
Is he the former Partick Thistle player? Think he was highly rated before he moved south but don't know much about him. Was a centre back with Thistle who was also highly rated who went south but can't remember his name or what happened to him.

That's him. He kept Thistle in the Premiership in his first spell there with his goals.

Did really well at Falkirk as well.

Don’t know if already been said but he only follows 2 clubs on Twitter; Charlton (current club) and Rangers. Interesting

he looks very 2 footed, takes a great set piece (new penalty taker) and can play on the right ... its would also really piss Lee Bowyer off .... which is a bonus :))

Would imagine if it’s true we will look to wrap it up in a January as if Morelos goes down injured or suspended we only have Defoe

Is he an out and out forward or can he fill in out wide too? Take Davis out and our bench looks really weak, so I'd be all for this.

I've seen him a few times and he's always stood out. He's fast, powerful, technically good, holds the ball up well and scores goals. I think he can play out wide or central.

While no where near the level of Morelos or Defoe, I’m pretty sure Taylor would make top scorer at most other clubs in the SPL. Would be a good third choice option for the run in.

He wants to leave. Not convinced he's what we need but if the price is right, might be worth a bid.

I don't really see Lyle Taylor coming up here to clearly be a third-choice striker.

And I really don't see us signing him on a contract for two years or longer, which we'd likely have to do.

Not exactly an exciting signing for me. Admittedly I havn't seen him, however the stats throughout his career aren't exactly great bar 2/3 clubs. Turns 30 in March so not much scope for any sell on really. Hopefully turns out to be his agent drumming up interest.

He could be the third striker we’ll need next year.
If he’s free then it makes sense. If not, then we move on.

Back