Lyle Taylor

Have to admit, I would be a bit disappointed in this signing. He doesn’t fit the mould it buy, develop and then sell for a profit.
Not every player we sign will fit that mould, certainly not when we have a title to win also. We need a blend of players ready right now and players who can be developed.

Taylor would be a worrying signing irrespective of the wage.

His CV is abysmal and he is the text book definition of a journeyman.

He’s recent behaviour with Charlton also raises a few eyebrows and smacks of someone chasing his last big payday. Not that there is anything entirely wrong with that, I just don’t think it’s necessarily the type of player that’s going to be getting us to where we need to be next season.

Here is a question ... who would people rather have in the squad - Lyle Taylor or Greg Stewart? Neither will be starters if everyone is fit ...

Taylor if he cace is free and only being paid a wage (probably a similar wage to clowns like Grezda got and wasted) as others have said it would be about 12/15k a week maybe 20k absolute max - considering no transfer fee that wouldn’t be horrendous value if he could chip in with 15/20 goals a season.

Not excited by the prospect of this signing but when people say, "this is a worrying signing", what are they meaning exactly?

Do they think Lyle Taylor is the last player we're going to sign this summer?

Do they think he's the replacement for Morelos?

The thing is, if a Charlton player like Aribo appears I have no problem signing him but there is literally no sense in Lyle Taylor.

If we sell Morelos we will categorically need a better striker than Taylor, however we also have the problem that we also need someone who can play either off the bench or in a wide position for if/when Morelos is suspended. If this guy is coming into a game now later in his career he potentially could be what we need.

not for £30k a week though.

Have to admit, I would be a bit disappointed in this signing. He doesn’t fit the mould it buy, develop and then sell for a profit.

In fairness... how many have we actually bought, developed and sold in the last decade? If that’s actually what we’re doing then we’re making an arse of it.

Not sure if he always has, but he follows Rangers on twitter and other than Charlton think we are the only club he follows. No point even announcing then eh

Haven't seen much of him tbh and talk of £30k per week seems crazy and I doubt it's true

However, as always, if he signs I'll judge him on how he performs in a Rangers jersey.

Also 30 years old is hardly a pensioner. Not every single player we sign needs to be with a view to making a profit.

Regardless of opinion if we do sign him it’s with the managers blessing and who will have said that he thinks he’s a player who will improve our team.

Of course it will be with SG's blessing and we have to trust his judgement. However not every signing works, last season especially where we signed far too many squad fillers.

A step up in quality in signings is needed if we are serious of taking on the Scum and for me but an unheard of 30 year old playing in English 1st division does not excite.
Is Aribo a Charlton dud too aye?

Aribi is not a dud but he is far from being a successful signing.

In his first season his form can best be descibed as patchy: a couple of excellent games, a handful of good games but far too many where he was little better than average or even anonymous at times.

Really has to impose himself more on a game next season, far too passive alot of the time.

As for Taylor, whilst not excited in the slightest by his possible signing, we just have to rely on the manager and DOF's judgement that he will improve our starting 11 next season. It is after all, title or bust for SG.

Not overly keen on him coming to Ibrox as there’s better out there though if it happens I hope I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Of course it will be with SG's blessing and we have to trust his judgement. However not every signing works, last season especially where we signed far too many squad fillers.

A step up in quality in signings is needed if we are serious of taking on the Scum and for me but an unheard of 30 year old playing in English 1st division does not excite.

Aribi is not a dud but he is far from being a successful signing.

In his first season his form can best be descibed as patchy: a couple of excellent games, a handful of good games but far too many where he was little better than average or even anonymous at times.

Really has to impose himself more on a game next season, far too passive alot of the time.

As for Taylor, whilst not excited in the slightest by his possible signing, we just have to rely on the manager and DOF's judgement that he will improve our starting 11 next season. It is after all, title or bust for SG.

You dont think aribo has been a succesful signing?

All about opinions i suppose but i think he has been a veey succesful signing and cannot wait to see what he bring to the team this coming season after a very good debut 3/4 season.

I think the boy is going to be a star.

I think people are putting 2+2 together and getting 5 - I can't see him signing for us, he will sign elsewhere down south presumably.

30 year old journeyman doesn't fit our signing policy.

Back