Lyle Taylor

theweeman

Official Ticketer
We’ve apparently offered an equal highest earner, which is over 30k pw. That is serious money. I’ve no idea of his credentials, but that’s a big offer and expected to be accepted.

I’m not concerned about my credentials - we will see.

How confident are you in your source?
i don’t have any insight to how likely it is. A seemingly confidential conversation came out tonight during a Friday night poker game with a UK triathlete (my friend).
It sounds crazy, I know, but it’s very close to original source.

no idea what that means tbh.

61y9C%2Bf9L7L._AC_SX466_.jpg

No chance we are paying him £30k a week.

Not in a million years.

He’s £10k, max!

Calling shite on this one.
Yup no way we're paying anyone that per week , only way we'd come close is a signing on fee and £10/12,000 a week and its a bit of a risk for a lower championship / top league 1 player

I could see us potentially paying him £15-18k a week but that would be the top end. I find it hard to believe we’d be paying him anywhere near £30k a week.

If we do pay him £30k a week then I’d be questioning the competency of the people in charge of our transfers.

Not particularly thrilled if the signs especially of he's earning that he's not better than Morelos by Christ

Am I correct in thinking that he`s the guy with Injured leg that wont play for his manager? but media says a "life changer move awaits" but "Super" would not be drawn on a connection with us but as expected said no player should refuse to play while under contract.

Am I correct in thinking that he`s the guy with Injured leg that wont play for his manager? but media says a "life changer move awaits" but "Super" would not be drawn on a connection with us but as expected said no player should refuse to play while under contract.

Yes. That’s him.

He’s a journeyman who isn’t worth £30k per week in a million years

I didn't realise how old he is. Looks a confident lad though. A different type of striker compared to what we've had before. Sadiq probably the closest.

This will have come from the comments about his wages being trebled and someone guessing.

We would only offer that for someone proven at the top level, he would be a squad player

Weird one for me tbh, cant see us shelling out that kind of dough when weve still got morelos tho?

Hagi will be costing us £40k a week over the course of his contract with fee and wages, massive resale value. I really don’t think we’d spend £30k a week on this guy. Defoe will bag as many IMO. We need a specimen up there to go route 1 when we can’t break the door down, ‘stick it in the mixer’.

It’s not that unlikely if you consider he’s on a Bosman. Same money if we paid a £3m transfer fee and gave him a 3 year deal at £10k per week.
Good point.
I still think there must be better for that money though.
Maybe younger with a development opportunity.

Seems a big wage to me. I’ve never really seen this boy but reports are mixed and he doesn’t seem like a no-brainier for that money.

If wee are considering paying him 30K a week I fear for us going forward,

A decent journeyman no more no less .

This is a worrying move I think. Not the quality we need.
Aye im not convinced with this one especially at the wages suggested. Hes been a bang average journeyman all of his career but has had a wee purple patch last season.

Back