Lyle Taylor

We wouldn’t be offered anywhere near that for someone like Taylor. That’s just made up nonsense.

We’ve apparently offered an equal highest earner, which is over 30k pw. That is serious money. I’ve no idea of his credentials, but that’s a big offer and expected to be accepted.

I’m not concerned about my credentials - we will see.
Ridiculous money, we should not be paying that for Scotland.

There is no way he will be paid £30k per week. He will be on £4/5k just now. He will have offered £15k max imo.

Which strikers do Southampton have? I heard this morning we are signing one of theirs on loan with an option to buy - source is usually reliable but he never knew the targets name

Also read Taylor could end up in Glasgow but not with us!

That's the rumour about Armstrong, not a striker.

If true, £30k a week sounds crazy for him but there might be a lot more detail behind it.

For example - as he is a free transfer it might be a million signing on fee paid over a year (so £20k a week) plus a weekly wage of £10k for duration of contract.

There were a lot of rumours last summer that the deal for Aribo was actually worth over £3 in signing on fees and agent commission.

4x his salary you'd imagine to be nearer 20k than 30k and the sort of cash you'd expect Galatasary to be throwing around and not us. Listen if the gaffer wants him and the Deeney comparisons are true in being a winner and a goalscorer are true. Let's fucking go

Would be a very worrying signing.

Are our youth prspects so hopeless they aren't a better option than a 30 year old second/third division journeyman whose goal return is questionable at best?

Regardless of opinion if we do sign him it’s with the managers blessing and who will have said that he thinks he’s a player who will improve our team.
This is absolutely not the approach we should take. We have signed poor players under Gerrard. We shouldn't automatically shag any transfer we make.

Fwiw I cant see Wilson making this type of signing.

He's going to get a big contact as he's a free agent. The worry here of course is the wages would be so high he would have to be replacing Morelos IMO. Now that is a gamble.

The guy is 30 years old.

It has taken him 13 years to eventually play in the English Championship.

He will be on about £4k a week, and that will he the best deal he’s ever had.

You’ve lost your mind if you think we’re offering him £30k a week. I would be shocked if we are even that interested in him. Bear in mind we’ve seen guys like Martyn Waghorn tear up that level at a much younger age.

If Alfie goes we got 30 and 38 yo strikers and Greg Stewart also 30 ? Eduourd will outscore alll three ! Dont want Tate , he appears be money grabber and bit of a rebel too

Defoe at 37 is still a better player than him.

Whilst I probably agree Defoe at 37 isn’t an adequate backup to play once ever 5 or 6 games and be up to speed. I think we saw that after his hot start to 2019-20.

The guy is 30 years old.

It has taken him 13 years to eventually play in the English Championship.

He will be on about £4k a week, and that will he the best deal he’s ever had.

You’ve lost your mind if you think we’re offering him £30k a week. I would be shocked if we are even that interested in him. Bear in mind we’ve seen guys like Martyn Waghorn tear up that level at a much younger age.
Bowyer said he’s quadrupling his wage. I highly doubt he’ll be on 30k where ever he goes

Defoe at 37 is still a better player than him.

He’s not mate. Defoe is a better finisher but all round I’d have Taylor as a lone striker any day. Taylor can also play across the front three and is a better option than the pish squad fillers we are paying currently.

No we’re not going to be paying him £30k a week but can’t understand the constant negativity over him. If he signs he immediately improves us without any doubt!

He’s not mate. Defoe is a better finisher but all round I’d have Taylor as a lone striker any day. Taylor can also play across the front three and is a better option than the pish squad fillers we are paying currently.

No we’re not going to be paying him £30k a week but can’t understand the constant negativity over him. If he signs he immediately improves us without any doubt!
If our 3 striking options are Morelos, Taylor and Defoe then we’ll probably go another trophy less season

Iv seen the guy play about 7 times and each time Iv been impressed by him. He’s the kind of player with that swagger about him and on his day can win games by himself. He gets others around him to up their game. Not sure if he can maintain a level we require over a season but worth a shot.

I’d say a good signing but won’t be gutted if he goes elsewhere.

Reactions: LD5
i don’t have any insight to how likely it is. A seemingly confidential conversation came out tonight during a Friday night poker game with a UK triathlete (my friend).
It sounds crazy, I know, but it’s very close to original source.
Isn't there a poster on here who is involved in the UK Triathlon scene and ITK? I'm not saying it's the same person but it certainly rings a bell.

Iv seen the guy play about 7 times and each time Iv been impressed by him. He’s the kind of player with that swagger about him and on his day can win games by himself. He gets others around him to up their game. Not sure if he can maintain a level we require over a season but worth a shot.

I’d say a good signing but won’t be gutted if he goes elsewhere.
Exactly how I feel, on a free for the right wage he would be a good backup to Alfie or his replacement. Say what you want about his previous clubs, the ones interested in him are all upper champ / prem level. Also the point you make about the swagger he has, we need more cocky cunts in our team so I'm all for it.

Unless we are going to spend £5/6m minimum on a striker it’s pointless, we won’t get the the required standard below that or on free

Exactly how I feel, on a free for the right wage he would be a good backup to Alfie or his replacement. Say what you want about his previous clubs, the ones interested in him are all upper champ / prem level. Also the point you make about the swagger he has, we need more cocky cunts in our team so I'm all for it.

He’d not just be backup for Alfie. He could play either wide position and offer a goal threat. A big positive when you look at the lack of goals from the wide forwards.

Kent needs to produce this year or we’ll toil again. He cost too much not enough to play and the gaffer rates him so we need him to step up!

Reactions: LD5
I could see us potentially paying him £15-18k a week but that would be the top end. I find it hard to believe we’d be paying him anywhere near £30k a week.

If we do pay him £30k a week then I’d be questioning the competency of the people in charge of our transfers.
You’ll never know and nor will I but if he’s good FF will quote him as on £15k per week, if he’s shite FF will have him on a full Bruno Alves £56k per week. Thems the roolz on here.

Apparently the likes of palace and Watford are interested so he can’t be anywhere near as bad as people are making out here

He’s a good player. Some people think it’s 92 and we should be signing big name players. Not young potential with a big reputation however as we’re Rangers and need established players. Must be a big name at their peak scoring 40 goals a season in a good league. Deluded beyond belief.

he's on £4.5k a week at Charlton.. so if we are to triple his wages that's £13.5k per week.. Cant believe people on here think we are going to offer him £30k.. madness

He has scored 11 goals in 22 games for a poor Charlton team in a very good league. I'd be happy to take him on a free. 2 year contract max though

He’s a good player. Some people think it’s 92 and we should be signing big name players. Not young potential with a big reputation however as we’re Rangers and need established players. Must be a big name at their peak scoring 40 goals a season in a good league. Deluded beyond belief.
I’m confused. Lyle Taylor is 30 you know

Back