Lyle Taylor

Do you have any opinions on whether this source seems legit or not? I imagine the GB Triathlon circle isn't that big and you would know if there's a Triathlete that could potentially get access to information such as this.

An easy way to debunk this rumour if so.

Triathlon is the fastest growing sport in the world mate and there are thousands of triathletes in the UK alone.

I was on the professional circuit, but there will literally be thousands of amateurs who compete.

Needle in a haystack mate.

What makes you think that mate?

Read an interview from him a few days ago, seems pretty down to earth. Sounded like he hadn’t made that much from the game as he’s a late developer. Got the impression he’d go for the top cash offer to look after his family. At his age, you can’t really blame him.
He was one of 3 players refusing to play for Charlton to finish this season in case he got injured and spoiling chances of a move. They are in a relegation battle as well. Probably the type of player to move on in January if we were in a title race if it meant a bigger wage, which to be fair is understandable like you say, but not sure that is what we are after.

Triathlon is the fastest growing sport in the world mate and there are thousands of triathletes in the UK alone.

I was on the professional circuit, but there will literally be thousands of amateurs who compete.

Needle in a haystack mate.
Fair enough. I wouldn't describe amateurs as "UK Triathletes" as the OP has, it suggests to me someone that competes at an international level, but who knows.

Cheers

Doesn’t really impress me after looking deeper into his career and last season. Spending serious wages on him looks fecking madness.

Just can’t see it being true

I had in my head he was a kid, not 30! Shows how much I actually know about him. No idea if he'd be a good signing or not.

Equalling Morelos’ wages, who’s arguably our best player, on some jobber who’s bounced from one lower league in the UK to the next is mental. Won’t happen imo, if it does questions will rightfully need asked

No way on this earth will we sign him and pay him 30k a week.
If he signs, it will be as a squad player, and a squad player on no more than 16k a week

He’s not mate. Defoe is a better finisher but all round I’d have Taylor as a lone striker any day. Taylor can also play across the front three and is a better option than the pish squad fillers we are paying currently.

No we’re not going to be paying him £30k a week but can’t understand the constant negativity over him. If he signs he immediately improves us without any doubt!

So he’s THAT good ?

I hope you’re correct IF he signs ,no one will be cheering him on more than me

He was the subject of the radio 5 phone in tonight,Sutton was getting tore into him about his refusal to train and play,no surprise there.

This year was the highest level he's played at and nearly half his goals seem to be penalties and nearly another half is scrappy poorly defended and counter attacked tap ins then a belter of a free kick.

Always worry about goal scorers who seem to only do it on the counter.

We have struggled against team who sit in with 2 banks of 5. So for me I'd prefer someone who can handle that.

This boy will be on 15k max though, Where's this mental 30k from?

He was the subject of the radio 5 phone in tonight,Sutton was getting tore into him about his refusal to train and play,no surprise there.

Given that Lyle has been heavily linked with Celtic. Maybe this is a tell tale sign he knocked them back. You know Sutton, never too early for him to begin poisoning the well.

Wasn’t there a lot of people on here also “getting tore into him” about that? Hate to side with Sutton but if Taylor has a contract and isn’t fulfilling it because of his own ego then he deserves criticism. Certainly don’t want that unprofessional attitude from players at Rangers

This year was the highest level he's played at and nearly half his goals seem to be penalties and nearly another half is scrappy poorly defended and counter attacked tap ins then a belter of a free kick.

We have struggled against team who sit in with 2 banks of 5. So for me I'd prefer someone who can handle that.

we do need a penalty taker to be fair.

If he's that good.Wtf is he doing still at Charlton?

He’s not that good, 30yr old journeyman

If that’s the standard we are going after then simply not good enough....again

No doubt I will be told “the key signings will be later on this summer” and he’s just back up

Deja vu

Nah not buying it. He is not worth itand the only way we are matching our top wage is to bring in someone to be a star.

Given that Lyle has been heavily linked with Celtic. Maybe this is a tell tale sign he knocked them back. You know Sutton, never too early for him to begin poisoning the well.

For sure. If he was going to the mentally challengeds and Sutton had any inkling then he would be saying the complete opposite.
If he does sign just wait to see the comments about him from the regulars about being selfish and not having the winning mentality. So predictable!

30k story came from a chat round the poker table with a triathlete apparently. Make of that what you will.

He’s a far better player than he’s being given credit for here. He’s not coming, if he even is BTW, for the ridiculous amount quoted here.

Ive been around professional football for a lot of years, and many other sports and sportsmen since, and the salary is always a closely guarded secret. He’s not telling anyone what he’s getting. Under any circumstance.

So file that under nonsense.

He’s genuinely been talked about all season as being in the elite group of championship strikers, by those that watch it all. He’s got genuinely good offers to consider because he’s a genuinely good player.

People on here are genuinely looking down their nose at penalty box finishing. They’d do well to dig out Super’s highlights and consider how many points we dropped these last two years missing, not gambling on, or pissing about with just that type of opportunity.

FFS, Alfredo missed 6 or more in the LC Final.

A mobile poacher is worth 15 points a season to a team like us.

I have no fecking clue if he's good enough or not.
What I do know...we dont get a good enough goal return from our collective top 3.
If he is a target, then I'll trust whoever decides to go after him....as long as it's not the same person who identified Barker !!

He’s a far better player than he’s being given credit for here. He’s not coming, if he even is BTW, for the ridiculous amount quoted here.

Ive been around professional football for a lot of years, and many other sports and sportsmen since, and the salary is always a closely guarded secret. He’s not telling anyone what he’s getting. Under any circumstance.

He’s genuinely been talked about all season as being in the elite group of championship strikers, by those that watch it all. He’s got genuinely good offers to consider because he’s a genuinely good player.

People on here are genuinely looking down their nose at penalty box finishing. They’d do well to dig out Super’s highlights and consider how many points we dropped these last two years missing, not gambling on, or pissing about with just that type of opportunity.

Genuinely?

Last season was his first year at Championship level.

Besides 22 games in the Championship and 35 games in the Scottish Premiership, his entire career has been in the lower leagues.
He seems to have got better as his career has gone on.

Complete nonsense and the OP’s pal or whoever it is that’s told him is likely basing it off Bowyer’s interview with Talksport saying Taylor has been offered a big contract

I doubt Taylor is going to be coming to us and he certainly won’t be for £30k a week. Embarrassing to even pass that kind of rumour as fact.

He might not be what we are looking for but he's clearly not woeful.
The highest level he's ever played at is the bottom of the Championship and he's already failed in Scotland once.

He's genuinely not very good and is the type of signing that Warburton made.

A wage been leaked says someone is at the con. Either that or Rangers security needs to find out quick who is leaking such information. It really can't be a large group. Put down as bullshit.

A wage been leaked says someone is at the con. Either that or Rangers security needs to find out quick who is leaking such information. It really can't be a large group. Put down as bullshit.
Just for clarity, Bassey's salary has been leaked? Where?

Genuninely speaking. You've said genuinely a lot.

They’ve just discussed his situation on the Sunday Supplement and the only club mentioned as ‘a very real possibility’ was us.

He’s on 6k at the moment, Brentford offered him £12k in the summer but Charlton turned down the bid. Anyone paying him anywhere north of £15k a week needs their head examined. He’s a gobby, knows it all, who thinks he’s one of the world greats. Can’t see him being a fit with Stevie G’s vision or plans.

I haven't seen him play so won't comment on what I perceive as his strengths or weaknesses off of the back of a 2 minute YouTube video. Plus we have ween players throughout the years who develop and find their strengths later in their careers.

Can someone who has watched him clarify what type of player he his for me? Wide forward, poacher, target man?

I don't rate anyone without principles. I understand Lyle's mindset to not get injured but I don't respect it.

Back