Lyndon Dykes

tenor.gif

He got three good strikes on goal late on from what were effectively half chances.
I don’t like to think of lumps of wood being an option for us but it would be a Plan B which we don’t seem to have right now.

Found it strange he was taking the throw ins when one of their defenders usually takes the long throws. Thought he was good near the end but other than that he was average.

Said it at the time for a small fee and a player who is proven in this league it was a No Brainer.

Absolutely Rag Dolled Julien and Ajer the whole game the day they won 2-0 there.

In a better team he could only improve.

Defo a decent back up.

Threads/posts calling Tavernier, Goldson etc not good enough, a need for quality in the summer. Then there are posts (not this thread) littered with signing Lyndon Dykes.

He looked bang on average today bar the effort that hit the post.
Then the same people would go nuts at our recruitment.

Dykes, Ferguson etc.

Harder and harder everyday to read posts on here. Serious influx of the FF facebook folk.

As stated hard to tell how he would do for us but...he is big, athletic can link up and looks to be a decent finisher.

He would certainly offer something different for games where we're struggling against packed defences.

Sometimes it's a numbers game where throwing the ball in the box is the most effective route.

Said it at the time for a small fee and a player who is proven in this league it was a No Brainer.

Absolutely Rag Dolled Julien and Ajer the whole game the day they won 2-0 there.

In a better team he could only improve.

Defo a decent back up.
I agree. There seems to be some kind of misplaced snobbery from some right dicks on this forum at times

I like him. Would give us something different in that we could go direct.
Seems to know where the goal is.

He would certainly offer something different for games where we're struggling against packed defences.

Sometimes it's a numbers game where throwing the ball in the box is the most effective route.

I argued this 100% at the start of the season but it was clearly not on SG's agenda to mix it up. I do wonder if he is now reconsidering that approach?

I had never really watched him closely until today. Prior to today I just dismissed him as a big lump of a lad who was bang average. But I thought he was very good today. I still don't think he is what we need given our style of play. But he is a good player.

A lot of people in this thread seem to want to see us battling it out for 2nd or 3rd place in the League in the seasons to come, We've got to be looking for higher quality than Dykes if we want to win The League any time soon and its not snobbery to think that way

Aye, no bother because I don't jump on the bandwagon to sign him?

No because you didn't recognise he played well and gave us problems and has done it against them too........a lot of us are unsure how he would do for us because that's a different thing altogether but to suggest he did little? Sort of hard to understand.

I had never really watched him closely until today. Prior to today I just dismissed him as a big lump of a lad who was bang average. But I thought he was very good today. I still don't think he is what we need given our style of play. But he is a good player.

Basically my thoughts exactly.

He is type of player we don't have so can see why people are banging the drum about signing him.

No because you didn't recognise he played well and gave us problems and has done it against them too........a lot of us are unsure how he would do for us because that's a different thing altogether but to suggest he did little? Sort of hard to understand.
He never stood out for me and I never felt he threatened us that much. He won a few headers but they went nowhere and he looked frustrated. He hit the post with a good shot which he should never have got with our defending. Hardly a performance that makes me think he would improve our first 11.

Some amount of snobbery on this forum about players from other Scottish teams. Ignoring the fact arguably one of our top 3 most influential players was signed on a free from Aberdeen.

Probably turned their noses up at McCann, Novo, Naismith, Thomson, Whittaker etc back in the day as well.

Dykes looks a good big player.

I would take him,thought he had a very good game and was unlucky not to score,would give us a different option

Possibly raises his game against us like a lot of other player just try that bit harder. Our defense seems to struggle against big physical players so he's no different in that regard. Out of interest how many league goals has he scored against the other teams.

Back