Lyndon Dykes

You don't need to want to sign him to say he had a good game and is too good for Livingston.

Too many people turn their nose up at SPL standard players then before you know if there is the likes of Robertson, McGinn, etc slipping through the net.

Sometimes it's worth the gamble...it wont always pay off but sometimes a talent needs the chance to shine on the bigger stage.

Depends on the fee tho.

He's better than that big sheep bastard, he attacks the ball and tries where cosgrove takes the man and fakes injury.

But signing him I don't know.
Would offer us a lot more against these hammer throwers, sometimes we need to change our game he offers us that.

Well Katic is Superman to some on here and he gave him a torrid time today,he'd be a decent cheep back up,a no lose gamble.

Threads/posts calling Tavernier, Goldson etc not good enough, a need for quality in the summer. Then there are posts (not this thread) littered with signing Lyndon Dykes.

He looked bang on average today bar the effort that hit the post.
No harm to the lad but I want us to try and get the Andre Grays and Prevljaks of the world into the club if possible,not someone from Livi who’s had half a good season.

I actually thought he was pretty much anonymous until the last 15 mins of the game. I was far more impressed by Kamberi in less than half the time on the pitch.
Kamberi impressed. Gave us another option and looked tidy on the ball, given conditions.

Linked well with the team. Maybe not so bad to play him and Alfie up for the with Hagi behind. We gotta try get a spark from something.

Came around on him around the deadline. Think there's a player in there and still has a decent amount of room for improvement. Has all the physical qualities, would just be about improving his discipline

He's a handful, he's gave all of our centre backs a tough time in the games we've played against them. Would be a good player for any of the teams aiming to be 3rd in this league.

Threads/posts calling Tavernier, Goldson etc not good enough, a need for quality in the summer. Then there are posts (not this thread) littered with signing Lyndon Dykes.

He looked bang on average today bar the effort that hit the post.
Morelos and Kent looked less than bang average lol

25 year old this year, never played in a big league or with a big club. 12 goals in 30 appearances (all competitions) with Livingston this season.

He would be a very risky signing.

There's a reason why he's at a provincial do nothing club like Livingston.
Like Andy Robertson was at club like Queens Park.
Let’s go and look at players playing for Barcelona , Real Madrid etc . They might just be the type we should be after and well within our budget.

Said it at the time for a small fee and a player who is proven in this league it was a No Brainer.

Absolutely Rag Dolled Julien and Ajer the whole game the day they won 2-0 there.

In a better team he could only improve.

Defo a decent back up.

He's hardly proven in the top flight this is his first season in the league and he fits into their style of hoof it football and being physical. It's totally different for us where he has to run channels and be able to play in any of the positions along the front 3.

Its 1 performance against them he then done absolutely nothing the next game against them. Laffery done the same thing scored goals came back and done absolutely nothing for us and was gone after 1 season. With our current options he's 4th choice and is watching the game from the directors box.

He's a decent player and yet probably not what we need. Why people can't see those as both being true is just a testament to the polarity of this place.

He’s a really good player and can play for a better club than Livi, he’s still not good enough for us though.

He would probably get 5 at most games a season starting for us, and bigger guys tend to only play well when playing every week. I can’t imagine he’d be a great option coming in from the cold

We are complaining in other threads about a lack of quality in our squad and some people think Dykes is the answer
I dont think anyone thinks he would be the main man for us but a player like dykes would be beneficial. Foe a relativeky small fee we would have that battering ram option that the rest of the spl teams use.
For example if we are chasing a game late onwe could go far more direct and look for knockdowns.

As a back up we could of done worse.

No one is saying he's Our #1 Target when Alfie goes but like I say we could done worse. In fact we did. Barker etc.
Do you what “etc” means?
It often means that you can’t think of anything else, anybody else to mention.
(Don’t ever say it at an interview as a good interviewer will press for more!)
I do hope it the case in this instance.

The ref would pull him up for everything if he played for us. No chance.
Maybe. But he actually played a clean game today. I can’t actually recall him committing a foul. He might well have done. But he is not a Cosgrove who fouls pretty much every time he goes near the ball (if Cosgrove isn’t collapsing at the knees as though he has been shot by a sniper).

These folk that slate Moult, Kamberi, Dykes etc - They score goals in the league that we compete in.
Dreams of signing Andre Gray etc are bank bursters and we need to steer clear of that.

Do you what “etc” means?
It often means that you can’t think of anything else, anybody else to mention.
(Don’t ever say it at an interview as a good interviewer will press for more!)
I do hope it the case in this instance.

I've been in my job for 24 years thanks for the concern.

Ok Barker, Ojo, Jones, Stewart need I go on?

Had anyone ever heard of Alfredo Morelos before us? No.

I never said he was the Main Target but a good back up.

25 year old this year, never played in a big league or with a big club. 12 goals in 30 appearances (all competitions) with Livingston this season.

He would be a very risky signing.

Wouldn't be that risky considering he'd probably be fairly cheap.

Type of player a lot of fans will slag off because of the stature of team he currently plays for.

In the right system, he would do very well. Particularly when teams are sitting in deep.

The way he uses his body to shield the ball and turn a defender means he'll create chances others simply could not make.

I’d like to sign him, so Katic can train with him every day and eventually figure out how to defend against a big awkward lad. Twice this season at Ibrox and I’ve yet to see Katic get the better of him.

Some folk can’t see past his size and think all he’s capable of is lump-it football, but he does have a decent touch and can bring others into play. Those currently around him aren’t good enough but I think with Kent, Hagi, Arfield he’d really flourish.

Back