Lyndon Dykes

Don’t think he’d be as cheap as folk think. Speaking to a Livi fan a couple weeks ago he was valuing him above £1.5m, but noted him as only being “half decent”. He’s maybe worth that to Livi if he keeps them in the league, but I’d be really disappointed if we shelled out that type of money for him.

Good player with two years left on his current deal. I'd definitely take a look in the summer, a 3rd option and only 24.

I think this depends on Kamberi however, I can't see us having both of them.

Some folk can’t see past his size and think all he’s capable of is lump-it football, but he does have a decent touch and can bring others into play. Those currently around him aren’t good enough but I think with Kent, Hagi, Arfield he’d really flourish.

This.

His play style is physical yet controlled, he's able to bring the ball down and move it on.

Better than Livingston but not good enough for Rangers, he’ll get a lower end team in the English Championship. In the summer we will probably need two strikers, a quality replacement for Morelos and a quality second choice, dykes should be neither.

For me, he's the type of player who always has their cup final performance against the big teams. Everyone else he's average. Not the type of player I'd be scouting for us.

I reckon he'd score plenty for us - as would any centre forward who is a threat in the air.

Borna and Tav can put in quality balls from the wings.

I think he would be a good option at Ibrox beside Morelos when teams try to park the bus.

Just my opinion.

Since we are so often faced with 10-man defences - and often have trouble scoring against them, I wonder if bringing on late in the game a big disruptive presence like Dykes, might not be a bad option to have?.

Would be an option as we have zero ariel threat in our team
Whereas the tims have no ariel threat in their homes
8001090534446n.jpg

For all those “we need better” types

I suppose you also think we should replace Katic & Helander as he’s rag dolled them. Katic twice and Helander once
The Tim’s must be looking for an upgrade on Julian as well

Funny how FF posters all too often turns their nose up when it’s suggested we sign a player from a club like Livingston. “He’s pish”, “Not good enough for Rangers” etc.

It’s tiresome nonsense. This guy Dykes is strong, quick, leads the line, bullies defenders and knows where the goal is. Yes he’s raw but so was Alfredo when we found him at Helsinki. We didn’t know him then either. At least with Dykes we know that he has the ability to rag doll SPFL defenders and score. Definitely worth a punt in my humble opinion. PS. I’m not, like Niko, saying he’s as good as Alfredo, just to be clear :)) But he is a raw player who could develop into a very good one.

Funny how FF posters all too often turns their nose up when it’s suggested we sign a player from a club like Livingston. “He’s pish”, “Not good enough for Rangers” etc.

It’s tiresome nonsense. This guy Dykes is strong, quick, leads the line, bullies defenders and knows where the goal is. Yes he’s raw but so was Alfredo when we found him at Helsinki. We didn’t know him then either. At least with Dykes we know that he has the ability to rag doll SPFL defenders and score. Definitely worth a punt in my humble opinion. PS. I’m not, like Niko, saying he’s as good as Alfredo, just to be clear :)) But he is a raw player who could develop into a very good one.

He's 25 in a few months time, quite old for a raw player. And what did he actually do yesterday? Nothing for over an hour then a lucky toe poke. A luxury we cannot afford even if, as has been suggested, a cheap one.

Said he should have been our january striker signing and on performances like yesterday , called it right. A totally diffrent option up top which we dont have and need against the hammer throwing mobs who sit in

Reactions: Ter
What a place. We over-hype the dross playing for other teams and slaughter the quality we have in our own.

We're playing in Europe on Thursday in the last 32 in the Europa Cup. We need to change our thinking. We need more ambition.

Dykes is a big bruiser but you’re kidding yourself on if you don’t think he also had a bit of skill. I thought he was played out of position for most of yesterday’s game but was still their most potent threat.

Not saying he’s good enough for us but by fcuk he’d be a lot further up my list than Cosgrove who a group on here seem to fancy.

Over hyped big lump of keech as an earlier post said kambari was miles better

Kamberi might be more useful in European games. He's always looking to run across the line and get in behind. Something there won't be much opportunity to do domestically.

Dykes can win headers, hold the ball up and link up play. Nobody is suggesting he is to be our first choice striker but in stubborn games if it's not happening then he's maybe a better option than Defoe to bring on and offer something different.

Must say, Arfield aside, he was - for me - the best player on the park. Hold up play, link up, shooting, running, throw ins. Good option for us I would think.

I must have watched a different player, as i thought he done very little, a centre forward who can take long throws.Just what we need.
The guys playing at a level that suits him, anyone that trys hard against us deems to be the next best thinr since slice bread.An average footballer at best.

As a guess, if the club was interested in him prior to January he would have been watched on several occasions by scouts, not just one game.

If no bid was made in January then it would be because he was not deemed good enough.

People are very keen on buying players based on one or two performances against Rangers.

I must have watched a different player, as i thought he done very little, a centre forward who can take long throws.Just what we need.
The guys playing at a level that suits him, anyone that trys hard against us deems to be the next best thinr since slice bread.An average footballer at best.

Novo, Boyd, Miller, McCoist - all were playing at a level that suits them before we signed them, put better players around them, put better chances in front of them....
His touch, close control, hold up play, pace for a big guy, few good efforts on goal.
He has more goals vs Celtic than Morelos.... suppose Finland was Morelos level as well though so he is lucky to have landed on his feet at Rangers.

He has looked decent in the games against us. Showed great technique for his shot that hit the post yesterday, that wasn't an easy strike.

Our defence is the best in the league.
Will be tested on Thursday.
Sadly I'm not feeling optimistic about our team at the moment.
Would normally not be pleased with a draw in a home European tie but unfortunately would possibly be happy with one on Thursday.
Think i will have a few refreshments before i go to game to numb the pain.
Hopefully i am totally wrong :)

Back