Lyndon Dykes

2mil is fantasy stuff they won’t get anywhere near that - and that was before the Covid pandemic.

Wonder who they thunk will pay that as I won’t be us and I doubt the beasts will pay it.

I agree and genuinely think he would be a good option for us and them for specific types of games
Spurs were dead and buried in a CL semi final, started going direct to a Target Man and ended up winning.

They are still very effective options.

In terms of us, it depends on the other striking options. I'd take Dykes as a 3rd choice/off the bench option. If he's Morelos understudy who I expect will not be able to produce across a season again then I'd say we need better.

Dykes would probably be a decent squad option to have but no way is he worth £2m. Livi must be smoking something decent if they think they’ll get that much for him.

So , the media think Dykes will go for £2 million meanwhile Morelos is valued at about £6 million by them. Fantasy journalism once again by the sycophants.

If Dykes is the type of player that demonstrates the limit of our ambitions, we’ll struggle to stop Covid FC* getting one in a row next season.

He’s not useless, but we have to be thinking of better quality than that up front

If Dykes is the type of player that demonstrates the limit of our ambitions, we’ll struggle to stop Covid FC* getting one in a row next season.

He’s not useless, but we have to be thinking of better quality than that up front

If there is better quality available elsewhere then that could make more sense on paper but it should be less of a risk signing a player who already knows the league and has proven themselves in it.

We definitely need a player of his ilk to give us a different option up top and mix up our style a bit in certain games. That could turn games we struggle in to easy wins.

This team have struggled against packed defences but I'm pretty sure the key to getting around this is having different ways of scoring goals and creating chances and being less predictable. An early goal or two against some teams could be the difference between winning comfortably and a disaster of a draw. We've all seen it happen before. We need to be more ruthless if we are to win this league.

I would be happy to have dykes as an option off the bench this season, probably wouldn’t go any higher than 750k though.

He would be a good player for us as long as he was played as part of a front two. He's a good athlete, a big lad and from what i have seen of him, quite unselfish. He had more success against that lots defence than any other striker up here this past season, had their big french defender practically greetin after one of the matches. Would be brilliant for Defoe to have someone like Dykes next to him and maybe even Alfie would benefit from it. 2 million is a mental price but for around 500k he would be a good signing

Last edited:
I think he’d be a good buy. Right age and just had a look on YouTube (I know, I know) at the goals scored last season-seems comfortable shooting with both feet. Definitely worth a bid I think, as we need different options, especially physical options up top. I’m desperate to see us play two up top in games where teams throw 11 men behind the ball (basically all games out with a few)

Its a fantasy figure. Is Lyndon Dykes on a contract relevant to a 2 million player? I very much doubt it.

Not sure livvy will get anywhere near the 2 mill quoted here. Maybe half that at most

gSm9GKq.gif

Lawrence shankland a year ago for nowt would have been better.
Who knows- when morelos was posted missing in more ways than than none after Xmas he could have done us a turn.
Big mistake not too have took him on after looking at frauds like gezda and barker.
Dykes, worth no more than a million.

Livi can ask for what ever they want for him.
Good luck to them.
Scottish teams have under sold their top players for years out with the scum.
If we want a better league more competition more money going round then teams need to capotilize on their best assets in the transfer market.

Example we sold waghorn for peanuts 1 year on he goes for 8 million.
The filth have Armstrong in the last year of his contract not even in the first 11 and get 8 million.
We can't guage player values on our previous we must be the worst selling club in Scotland bar none.
About 20 players have left and our only decent sale was windass.
How many players have we had to pay to leave.
That makes no business sense and is really poor on our part.

Hopefully Ross Wilson sorts that out

I hope livi get the 2 million for him from down south.

Back