Lyndon Dykes

I think he’s much better than many are giving him credit for but I haven’t seen nearly enough of him. Some people seem to forget Rangers at Ibrox is one of the toughest games of the season for these guys where they are really working from scraps. I’ve watched their highlights this season and he actually looks mobile and decent technically, not just a big lump. I think he’ll get given a chance in the Championship if he keeps it up.

Last edited:
Should have got sent off for deliberate handball before his challenge that should have seen a straight red.

Looked like a big donkey who depends on fouling to me. A bargain bin version of the other big donkey at Hearts.

First time I'd even heard of him, let alone seen him play, but tbf he rolled Katic a couple of times and also won a few flick ons against him.

He also had a yard on him pace wise too.

However, you don't judge a player on one performance, so I'll not be getting carried away and wanting him signed.

One thing's for sure though, Gary Holt knows how to organise his team and is pretty astute at the lower end of the transfer market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cosgrove is a far superior player and one that could fit the system we play.

I don't agree Cosgrove would fit into our style of play, as he doesn't have the required mobility.

Dykes doesn't either btw, but he's certainly way quicker than Cosgrove, as Niko found out to his cost a couple of times.

A touch of Rogic about him the way our players were bouncing off him.Worth a go at 23 and a good route 1 option when our tikka takka doesn’t work

Rogic?????

He's about as physical as woman netball player.

Rogic has some good qualities in his game, but physicality sure isn't one of them.

Where did I say he was a good player or a player we should be coveting?
The fact that he isn't very good and still bullied our centre half's is worrying.

It's wrong to say he bullied them mate.

He was getting nothing out of Goldson and Holt signalled him to push on to Katic.

Niko got too tight a couple of times and got rolled by him.

I wouldn't say he got bullied.

He gave Goldson and Katic a terrible time but that by no means should qualify him as someone we should be looking at

He played three seasons at Queen of the South, scored 10 goals and believe me, having seen him often, he couldn't tackle a wet kleenex ! All this talk about him being a big rough striker is just that, talk. Maybe Hopkin is putting something in his tea at Livi, but, physicality has never been his MO.

Thought he gave our centre backs a torrid time, provided a good out ball for Livingston with his hold up play, and posed a threat in behind as well. Not a prolific scorer by any stretch of the imagination, but has bagged a few this season already, and with him being 23, he might yet improve that side of his game.

Big and powerful number 9 who I like the look of, and I wonder what peoples opinions would be on bringing him in January as a 3rd choice striker to replace Lafferty? All hypothetical of course, but I think there's a good player in there, and offers something completely different from Alfie and Defoe. Wouldn't break the bank either...
I assume you are basing that on one game and one game only? You see the problem with that approach?

Thought he gave our centre backs a torrid time, provided a good out ball for Livingston with his hold up play, and posed a threat in behind as well. Not a prolific scorer by any stretch of the imagination, but has bagged a few this season already, and with him being 23, he might yet improve that side of his game.

Big and powerful number 9 who I like the look of, and I wonder what peoples opinions would be on bringing him in January as a 3rd choice striker to replace Lafferty? All hypothetical of course, but I think there's a good player in there, and offers something completely different from Alfie and Defoe. Wouldn't break the bank either...

Tbh OP I was semi thinking the same myself no as brave as you tho!

I thought he looked a big physical striker who bullied our defense all game.

His goal scoring record is fairly shite but that could be worked on.

Some people need to get a slightly more realistic idea of 3rd choice options at the moment

He gave our defenders a torrid time? What big elbowie,jumpy into the defender with arms raised centre forward hasn't gave them a torrid time. Brought a good save out of McGregor right enough and went down rather easily for the penalty but no way will be buying this donkey. Morelos would have been sent off first half if he carried on like him

If we're going down this route.

Come on down Christian Nade. Apparently he has some dig on him.

Some rate him, a lot don't.

I will be back next year to collect all of my apologies after he scores a hat-trick of heeders away at Pittordrie, securing 55 and replacing Mark Hateley as our greatest ever target man.
Sorry, but no you won’t. He is a no mark and will be forgotten about, before Christmas.

The Aberdeen defence played a high line that day because of the threat Sadiq's pace posed. They would not have to change anything to contain Dykes.

Would a high line not make it easy for a pacey player to run in behind this high line. To stop a pacey player you sit deep. Although it was all irrelevant as Sadiq had no concept of the idea of offside.

Seen him playing a few times for QotS last season . He was the water carrier for Dobbie. He did pump his Ex managers Ex misses so it shows he has a don't give a fukk attitude.

Where did I say he was a good player or a player we should be coveting?
The fact that he isn't very good and still bullied our centre half's is worrying.
Firstly, where did I say you said whatever?
Secondly, everything he was doing was physical and you can get that type just about anywhere.
He had no real footballing quality and his physicality got him nowhere in the end.
Just like most of those who have nothing other than physicality to offer.

Brought to Queen of the south. Moved into the managers house when he arrived. Repays him by pumpimg the managers wife.

Back