Lyon 3 now allowed to play on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you consider that Scotland currently is one of Europe‘s hotspots when it comes to Covid; then Humza & Co could hardly ban anyone on grounds that they pose a risk. It is probably the other way about in reality.

We are drawn to play Lyon- these players play for Lyon- and only injuries, suspension or positive Covid tests should be the only outside factors affecting their right to play

For those that dont speak french i translated the start of the article, using google of course lol

OL will start the Europa League without its striker Moussa Dembélé or its Swiss attacking midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri, this Thursday evening on the Glasgow Rangers lawn. A big blow for the Lyon club.

OL will be a hell of a lot less to start their European season. The Lyonnais will fly to Scotland this Wednesday morning, without two major offensive assets: Moussa Dembélé and Xherdan Shaqiri.

Dembélé probably package in Paris on Sunday

The center forward, in great shape since he scored 4 goals in the last 3 games, feels muscular discomfort and will be absent for this meeting on the Glasgow Rangers lawn, this Thursday evening (9 p.m.) and certainly for the trip to the Parc des Princes, to challenge PSG, this Sunday (8:45 p.m.) in the league.

As revealed by L'Equipe, Xherdan Shaqiri will not be able to travel to Scotland, since he has not completed his vaccination course.

Two very disabling absences for OL, which should be able to count on its two Brazilians, Bruno Guimaraes and Lucas Paqueta, while the Scottish authorities had initially refused their presence in the territory.

I'm well aware of what UEFA were suggesting as the alternative mate.

The matter wasn't even debated between both parties.

They just rolled over.

Well in that case you'd surely be content with the eventual outcome. There may well be have been a bit of bluff calling, but given timescales involved, it made sense to make the decision and not get involved in a game of poker with UEFA.

The regulations will apply across the board now, which is a positive in my opinion. Players and staff at elite level are controlled enough now for it not to be an major issue. In my opinion, of course.

Typical SNP Scot Govt flexing rules

So Red List countries that other travellers are coming from should kick up phuck

Makes a farce of the Covid quarantine rules

An absolute farce they are allowing these 3 players to come into Scotland whilst these arseholes are want vaccine passports and still having Covid restrictions

SNP as usual not fit to run a tuck shop never mind a country
They're not flexing the rules, they changed them by bringing in new legislation.
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2021/319/contents/made

These Regulations amend the Health Protection (Coronavirus) (International Travel) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 to provide an exemption from the requirement to take out and adhere to a managed self-isolation package under regulations 6A and 6B of those Regulations in respect of participation in European professional football club fixtures in Scotland where players in the professional club arriving to play the fixture have departed from or transited through an acute risk country or territory within the preceding 10 days.

Very true.
You can’t help wonder why the change of mind though.
What rules are being bent or ignored, or just not important.

I just assumed it was the usual grandstanding by the Scottish Gov pretending they have rules and regulations even though they haven't got a scooby.

From what I've read, the South Americans' inclusion is arguably more important to Lyon than Dembele and Shaqiri. Whilst we want them to be as weak as possible, how many times have we seen a supposedly 'injury-ravaged' team win in Europe? Shakhtar winning away to Real last season and Sparta reserves hammering that lot spring to mind. Whoever they field, it will be a massive challenge for us and one of Gerrard's biggest results should we rise to it.

I don't.

I'd rather they were injury ravaged and gave Rangers a better chance of winning.

I've never understood fans saying they want to see the best players playing against Rangers at Ibrox. I'd rather see Rangers win.

If you want to see the worlds best players book flights and tickets and go watch El Classico or Man City vs Chelsea etc?
What an utterly tragic attitude. Most of us get our fill watching diddies every other week in the SPFL.

aye tragic wanting Rangers to have the best chance of winning

Sorry if that means you get 1 or 2 less autographs in your wee book from outside the Main Doors.

Better still, why not go into the thread about Dembele and Shaqiri being out and tell anyone that's pleased they've got a tragic attitude
Presumably you were delighted when Malmö papped us out as we've a better chance of winning Europa League games than CL games.

Your attitude is tinpot.

Snp really don't give e damn about covid as long as they get votes from people who hate us and our club. Wonder how many taliban terrorists from Afghanistan they allow in, give them housing, financial benefits and a vote.

So these three players are allowed to play but Hagi isn't. Was his red list country redder than theirs?
From SG presser you hear that the allowances made for Lyon have not yet extended to Hagi and the club are attempting To get equal handling .
story running there by the sounds

From SG presser you hear that the allowances made for Lyon have not yet extended to Hagi and the club are attempting To get equal handling .
story running there by the sounds
The changes to the legislation covered teams coming to Scotland to play uefa games not those from Scotland apparently. It's not like them to make a mess of legislation is it :))

Doesn’t matter who they start. We will need to be at our best tomorrow night regardless. Mon the Teds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back