Lyon Away (Dec 9)

Eighteen Seventy Two

I thought I’d make this thread now that away allocations have been confirmed by UEFA.

Anyone who was lucky enough to be there in 08 have any recommendations for accommodation, pubs/meeting points, places to avoid, etc?

Booked flights for myself and three others,
(Wed-Sat) think there’s a solid chance this game will be the decider for 1st place so I’m already buzzing. :))

Neilston Unionist

EasyJet changed my flights from Glasgow-Paris Tues-Friday to Tues-Thurs. Would miss the game. Absolutely raging. How much are your flights and who with?

Alpinebear

There was a thread from a few days ago which had info on where people had booked, tickets bought etc

Found it

Last edited:

The Mols Turn

I might have book up for this now, wasn't fussed before.

Had a look and flights to Geneva via London both ways are a decent price and then just get the train from Geneva to Lyon.

Blue As

Official Ticketer
Was a decent city with a nice old town,is how I remember it.
The old stadium had gone,new one is 11 miles from city centre,40 mins by metro and tram,apparently.

DerekSSR

We're flying Edinburgh to Geneva Wednesday to Saturday, easy jet though so I'm paranoid they might cancel closer to the match.

arch999

Had a look and flights to Geneva via London both ways are a decent price and then just get the train from Geneva to Lyon.
It was in the press that Switzerland are not yet accepting the uk covid passport so be careful. Its messed up Man United fans plans to go next week but hopefully it will be sorted before we go there

Awaydays72

I’m sure stein colin started a thread recently saying the Glaswegian are running a bus from Geneva (covid restrictions permitting). Just an option.

Tea Hut Loyal

Heads up for BA Heathrow flights on Wed 8th!

Prices have risen from since I booked yesterday, Same package now coming in at £477.00, £185.00 more.

The 13:40 flight is sold out.

VelvetThunder

We’re booked up with Lufthansa Wed - Fri.
Leave Glasgow 12:40 and arrive in Lyon 17:55.
Leave Lyon 18:55 and arrive back in Glasgow 22:50.
Both have a stopover in Frankfurt.
£220 each

Also booked 3 tickets in the home end, I can’t wait. It will probably be freezing cold but other than that it should be a cracker. Hopefully the testing rules are relaxed a bit before then as well, it is a good 3 months away.

Alpinebear

Just had a look for the first game of the 3 match pack. On the OL website my details are there with TKTS available for download 48 hrs before.
Might go for a recce and watch the Brondby game

interbear

Bristol to Lyon on the Thursday morning, back Saturday morning. Hotel booked close to the old town. Now just need to work out a ticket strategy, although I’m thinking there will be plenty available given they have a 59k capacity.

JAH90

Official Ticketer
3 booked up Wed to Sat
BA - Glasgow - Heathrow - Lyon
EasyJet - Lyon - Bristol - Glasgow

Has anyone purchased home end tickets??

JAH90

Official Ticketer
Wallace Pub and Boston Tavern I’ve been told is the best meeting places for bears

VelvetThunder

We’re booked up with Lufthansa Wed - Fri.
Leave Glasgow 12:40 and arrive in Lyon 17:55.
Leave Lyon 18:55 and arrive back in Glasgow 22:50.
Both have a stopover in Frankfurt.
£220 each

Also booked 3 tickets in the home end, I can’t wait. It will probably be freezing cold but other than that it should be a cracker. Hopefully the testing rules are relaxed a bit before then as well, it is a good 3 months away.
Just been notified our flights there and back have all been cancelled by Lufthansa, gutted!

Have to wait 48 hours to see what alternatives they can offer before requesting a refund.

stuey

3 booked up Wed to Sat
BA - Glasgow - Heathrow - Lyon
EasyJet - Lyon - Bristol - Glasgow

Has anyone purchased home end tickets??
I've got a ticket in section 122, I think, which is supposed to be near the away fans

Spartan

Madness going in the home end?
Yes mate everyone thinks France is nicey nicey because they surrendered in the war but when I went to Paris in 1998 I got the shock of my life, you think Scotland is bad for neds , I’ll never forget Paris that night got sprayed in the eyes truncheoned from the back and chased in fear of my life, the fact we won on penalties was the only redeeming feature of that trip I’d never go back certainly wouldn’t take the wife for a “ romantic “ weekend either whic hse isn’t happy about

Last edited:

VelvetThunder

Yes mate everyone thinks France is nicey nicey because they surrendered in the war but when I went to Paris in 1998 I got the shock of my life, you think Scotland is bad for neds , I’ll never forget Paris that night got sprayed in the eyes truncheoned from the back and chased in fear of my life, the fact we won on penalties was the only redeeming feature of that trip I’d never go back certainly wouldn’t take the wife for a “ romantic “ weekend either whic hse isn’t happy about
How on earth have you come to that conclusion? Everyone thinks France is nice because they surrendered in a war 80 years ago?

jigster

Official Ticketer
Inverness-Gatwick- lyon Wednesday to Friday £140 return ........
Just wondering what areas most bears will drinking in so not too far

Russell RFC

I’ve booked Campanile Lyon Centre Gare Part Dieu. Says it’s slap bang in the centre, but their “centre” looks very spread out.

Withambear

I’ve booked Campanile Lyon Centre Gare Part Dieu. Says it’s slap bang in the centre, but their “centre” looks very spread out.
That is near the main train station. I stayed in a hotel near there last time I was in Lyon.

very easy to get about on public transport