Lyon Away (Dec 9)

Withambear

What he really means is he wants to be in with a shout for a final or glamour tie if he decides he wants to attend 1 game haha
One of the fundamental flaws of mygers

As a lowly Silver ( and despite having 10 old travel club points) I will never get a Euro away ticket again. However if we reach a euro final and get a decent allocation in excess of 10000 I should be ok for a ticket

DerekSSR

Someone on twitter reckons masks outdoors and indoors, more social distancing etc, not holding much hope.

Press conference is tomorrow.

clubdeckcharlie

Official Ticketer

November 24, 20212:59 PM GMT

France plans new COVID measures but wants to avoid new lockdown​

By Sudip Kar-gupta and Geert De Clercq

PARIS, Nov 24 (Reuters) - France will announce new COVID-19 containment measures on Thursday as infection rates surge nationwide, but does not plan a new lockdown like some other European Union countries.

Government spokesman Gabriel Attal said on Wednesday that the government wants to avoid major curbs on public life, preferring stricter social distancing, speeding up its vaccination booster campaign and tightening rules on using health passes.

"We must protect the French people by building on what we have, to save the end-of-year festivities and get through the winter as well as possible," Attal told a news conference.

France's health pass - which allows entry to cafes, restaurants, museums, cinemas and other public places for people who are vaccinated or have a recent negative COVID test - is a key reason why infection rates in France are lower than in neighboring countries, Attal said.

Introduced this summer, the pass led to a spike in new vaccinations and the government could boost its efficiency by increasing control over its use.

Attal declined to specify what measures may be announced on Thursday, but the government is expected to follow health regulator HAS' advice to extend a third dose of the vaccine to everyone over the age of 40.

So far the third shot is only available for people over 65 and the vulnerable, but from Dec. 1 also for people over 50. The government could also boost home working.

Attal said that despite new measures, the fifth wave of the epidemic was likely to get worse in coming days.

While the government expects to see a significant increase in pressure on hospitals in coming weeks, it does not expect they will be submerged by an influx of patients as vaccination drastically reduces the risk of serious symptoms.

"We no longer see a link, as we saw during the first three waves, between the number of infections and the number of hospitalisations," he said.

On Tuesday, the seven-day moving average of new cases rose above 20,000 for the first time since Aug. 24 and the number of COVID patients in intensive care rose to 1,455. read more

For a similar number of new cases in August, the number of people in ICUs stood at 2,200. During the third wave, when average new cases last exceeded 20,000 in early May, the number of COVID patients was over 5,500.

What does 'greater social distancing' mean for football?

clubdeckcharlie

Official Ticketer

November 24, 20212:59 PM GMT

France plans new COVID measures but wants to avoid new lockdown​

By Sudip Kar-gupta and Geert De Clercq

PARIS, Nov 24 (Reuters) - France will announce new COVID-19 containment measures on Thursday as infection rates surge nationwide, but does not plan a new lockdown like some other European Union countries.

Government spokesman Gabriel Attal said on Wednesday that the government wants to avoid major curbs on public life, preferring stricter social distancing, speeding up its vaccination booster campaign and tightening rules on using health passes.

"We must protect the French people by building on what we have, to save the end-of-year festivities and get through the winter as well as possible," Attal told a news conference.

France's health pass - which allows entry to cafes, restaurants, museums, cinemas and other public places for people who are vaccinated or have a recent negative COVID test - is a key reason why infection rates in France are lower than in neighboring countries, Attal said.

Introduced this summer, the pass led to a spike in new vaccinations and the government could boost its efficiency by increasing control over its use.

Attal declined to specify what measures may be announced on Thursday, but the government is expected to follow health regulator HAS' advice to extend a third dose of the vaccine to everyone over the age of 40.

So far the third shot is only available for people over 65 and the vulnerable, but from Dec. 1 also for people over 50. The government could also boost home working.

Attal said that despite new measures, the fifth wave of the epidemic was likely to get worse in coming days.

While the government expects to see a significant increase in pressure on hospitals in coming weeks, it does not expect they will be submerged by an influx of patients as vaccination drastically reduces the risk of serious symptoms.

"We no longer see a link, as we saw during the first three waves, between the number of infections and the number of hospitalisations," he said.

On Tuesday, the seven-day moving average of new cases rose above 20,000 for the first time since Aug. 24 and the number of COVID patients in intensive care rose to 1,455. read more

For a similar number of new cases in August, the number of people in ICUs stood at 2,200. During the third wave, when average new cases last exceeded 20,000 in early May, the number of COVID patients was over 5,500.
What does 'greater social distancing' mean for football?

Russell RFC

I’m guessing a curfew or capacity restrictions on boozers is a distinct possibility, though if they’re contemplating masks outdoors?

HeyBert

I don’t think the club are deliberately making it difficult so fans stop going to European games.

I think they’re deliberately making it difficult for independent travellers so more go on the day trip for future games and that’s when they can make more money.

As a regular day trip traveler I don’t have any of the issues you guys are experiencing.

You book up, pay the cost, guaranteed a ticket, one plane there and straight back up the road after the game.

At an average cost of £350 per head per game, this is what the club wants.
£350 for 4/5 hours in a city isn’t for me mate, I was in Copenhagen for 3 days for £30 more

Steppies

Booked this morning for me & number 2 son for his 1st Euro away trip. His face was a picture when I showed him before he set of for his 1st year at Uni.

Wed 8th 8:30 LHR to Lyon return Fri 10th 7:35
2 nights hotel £292.00 all in. Booked with BA

Buzzing
BA are pretty reasonable for flights and digs coupled together.
Remember when I took my boy to Dortmund in 95' he was 15 at the time.
Sure you will enjoy yourselves.

cadge_1959

Is this guy actually trying to say that in 11 years he couldnt get anytime off work for a European game?

While not agreeing with the poster, I was a college lecturer, and unless European games fell in college holidays, they was no way I was getting to a game. My first European game was against Sporting Lisbon in 2008, and fell in the Easter holidays.

Aww Skew

Very limited knowledge of football
While not agreeing with the poster, I was a college lecturer, and unless European games fell in college holidays, they was no way I was getting to a game. My first European game was against Sporting Lisbon in 2008, and fell in the Easter holidays.
So you couldn’t make qualifiers before the teaching started?

I understand some jobs are term time, ie primary/secondary teachers, Uni or college lecturers etc, but the points invalid when the season runs Aug-May

So they wouldn’t get time off for the qualifiers/groups but magically get the day off for a final? In fairness, I’d resign from a job if they tried to stop me going to watch rangers in a European final. Don’t think I’ll ever need to worry about that though

L&D RSC

Everyone has a first European away game remember guys.

Mine was CL tie in Munich the night Mols got injured. Should I have not been allowed to go to that because it was a glamour tie and my first one?

BillyBoys

What time today are the French government announcing their new restrictions?

I've asked the same in the covid thread in the lounge in case it gets lost in here.

butcherboy

The closing date for Indy Travel was 5PM on 26th October.

Takes a special kind of ineptitude not to have sorted this 1 month later.

Guessing IF it goes ahead, it's going to be email tickets. So the truncheons will be getting aired in Lyon then. :rolleyes:

RFC Euro Bus

The closing date for Indy Travel was 5PM on 26th October.

Takes a special kind of ineptitude not to have sorted this 1 month later.

Guessing IF it goes ahead, it's going to be email tickets. So the truncheons will be getting aired in Lyon then. :rolleyes:
It’s just a joke. Stadium closure and more restrictions was not even a thought up till this week, so they can’t be used as excuses to why it’s taken so long.

Can’t see it being ticket collection over there so emails need out soon as it’s going to take a day or two for all tickets to be allocated. Then posted out. Posting 3000 tickets won’t be quick.

cadge_1959

So you couldn’t make qualifiers before the teaching started?

I understand some jobs are term time, ie primary/secondary teachers, Uni or college lecturers etc, but the points invalid when the season runs Aug-May

So they wouldn’t get time off for the qualifiers/groups but magically get the day off for a final? In fairness, I’d resign from a job if they tried to stop me going to watch rangers in a European final. Don’t think I’ll ever need to worry about that though

I never said that, I was going to include that I been to qualifiers that did fall in July, but before 2008 I was not in a position to go to European games. I never said I could not get a day off to attend a final, I was in Manchester in 2008, but we did not operate flexi time, so opportunitues for days off during term time.

Aww Skew

I never said that, I was going to include that I been to qualifiers that did fall in July, but before 2008 I was not in a position to go to European games. I never said I could not get a day off to attend a final, I was in Manchester in 2008, but we did not operate flexi time, so opportunitues for days off during term time.
I meant generally buddy, not specifically you

Aww Skew

Everyone has a first European away game remember guys.

Mine was CL tie in Munich the night Mols got injured. Should I have not been allowed to go to that because it was a glamour tie and my first one?
Of course that’s the case but in the old system you wouldn’t be able to get to the glamour tie ahead of those on more points, unless the allocation was big enough

Should someone going on their first trip get a ticket before someone that’s done the 10 prior? No, they shouldn’t. That’s why TC should be separate

I want it to be annexed again, even though I’m guaranteed Euro games in mygers or the TC

PrestwickTrueBlue

Official Ticketer
Of course that’s the case but in the old system you wouldn’t be able to get to the glamour tie ahead of those on more points, unless the allocation was big enough

Should someone going on their first trip get a ticket before someone that’s done the 10 prior? No, they shouldn’t. That’s why TC should be separate

I want it to be annexed again, even though I’m guaranteed Euro games in mygers or the TC
Unpopular opinion :

I can see both sides of the coin tbh, why should people get if they haven’t been abroad before over people that have been to 8/9/10..

But then why should people that have picked and chose domestic games and go to 2/3 euro a season.. that are on low silver for instance get to go before people who go everywhere home & away.

People who are guaranteed via MyGers or TC - whatever the means of ticket distribution, are truly the ones who deserve to be there..

If it doesn’t get annexed - it will take a season or two for this just to be normal and all the noise about the “I was on 8TC but didn’t get” will disappear.

Aww Skew

Unpopular opinion :

I can see both sides of the coin tbh, why should people get if they haven’t been abroad before over people that have been to 8/9/10..

1) But then why should people that have picked and chose domestic games and go to 2/3 euro a season.. that are on low silver for instance get to go before people who go everywhere home & away.

People who are guaranteed via MyGers or TC - whatever the means of ticket distribution, are truly the ones who deserve to be there..

2) If it doesn’t get annexed - it will take a season or two for this just to be normal and all the noise about the “I was on 8TC but didn’t get” will disappear.
1) There’s people in gold that have never attended a euro game before in their lives due to the technicality of ticking CCCS boxes. I’ve discussed the issue at length countless times before

2) I agree, it’ll get sorted in a few seasons but ultimately gold won’t change too much if they keep up buying habits. Whilst Euro tickets are delivered and not city collection, people with no intention of going will buy tickets and sell them on. They’ll continue to accrue points and get further ahead of people that genuinely want to travel

DerekSSR

1) There’s people in gold that have never attended a euro game before in their lives due to the technicality of ticking CCCS boxes. I’ve discussed the issue at length countless times before

2) I agree, it’ll get sorted in a few seasons but ultimately gold won’t change too much if they keep up buying habits. Whilst Euro tickets are delivered and not city collection, people with no intention of going will buy tickets and sell them on. They’ll continue to accrue points and get further ahead of people that genuinely want to travel
They are creating the closed shop they didn't want, laughable.

Guy next to me on the flight to Brondby was doing his first euro away since Barca 08. How did they get it so bad?

Kimarcus

Two weeks away and we have no idea whether we will have to resort to buying home end tickets or not! A huge joke really.

EDIT: Anyone know what section away fans are in?

PrestwickTrueBlue

Official Ticketer

Fair.

The system would also get cheated if it was postal and the TC was still running. Hard to think otherwise.

RonnydB14

I’m not a fan of Mygers, but accept that it’s here to stay, so just need to deal with it.

With incorporating the TC into it, it’s a double edged sword, for eg:

‘Fan A’ could’ve domestically been to every home match this season and whatever away games he has got through Mygers, for whatever reason couldn’t make Brondby, but can Lyon

‘Fan B’ hasn’t bothered his arse on any domestic games, instead using the money to go to Brondby with the missus, and is also going to Lyon.

Fan A, would be behind Fan B - and maybe even his missus - in the line for Lyon tickets, that isn’t really fair

I think the only way to work it is to give more points to Euro aways, maybe 50? And run a tight ship with pick ups abroad (no one wants to do it, but it’s the only way to stop the scheme being abused). Over the 5 year timeframe that Mygers works, guys who go abroad would be able to accumulate points and have a chance and those to go home and abroad will always be fine.

Points should also be added on a game by game basis

But we all know it’s not going to happen as it means the Ticket Office having to actually do some work, and we all also know the club don’t really care about loyalty and who has the tickets, as long as they are sold. That goes for home, away, cup finals, Euro aways

Also, games like Livi in the cup should be worth more points than games like tonight, but that’s an argument for a another day!

Latest posts