Lyon Away (Dec 9)

Blutoe

If you take tram T3 get off at Décines -Grand Large.

I asked Lyon TO if it was possible to change seats closer to our fans, not possible.

I haven’t bought tickets yet. My wife and I will be getting the train up from Narbonne - which section on the stadium map would be our best bet?
I don’t mind much as I’ve sat in the home section at loads of away games but Mrs Blutoe is nervous about ending up in the Ultras section.

Alpinebear

I haven’t bought tickets yet. My wife and I will be getting the train up from Narbonne - which section on the stadium map would be our best bet?
I don’t mind much as I’ve sat in the home section at loads of away games but Mrs Blutoe is nervous about ending up in the Ultras section.
The ultras are behind each goal. The North seems sold out. I'm in section 120 which is behind goal rear middle tier. Others in section 121.

LyonGer

I'm off to Montpellier later this month so will update with COVID details later.

Basically fully vaccinated no need for test before you go but need to fill in déclaration sur l’honneur Before travel.
On return to UK will be day 2 test, which will be the cheap lateral flow test by then if anything

LyonGer

If you take tram T3 get off at Décines -Grand Large.

I asked Lyon TO if it was possible to change seats closer to our fans, not possible.
What sections are the hardcore Lyonnaise in?
TBF when we were at Stade Gerland they were brand new, remember them clapping us bears at the end.
Although having lived in Lyon for 3 years I wouldn't like to be in with the Ultras.

Alpinebear

What sections are the hardcore Lyonnaise in?
TBF when we were at Stade Gerland they were brand new, remember them clapping us bears at the end.
Although having lived in Lyon for 3 years I wouldn't like to be in with the Ultras.
Front sections behind goals

Forfar_Bear

I've bought in section 123 - reckon its the closest to the bears but being in the lower tier prob wont even be able to see us!

Andrew webb

Look on booking.com sort by distance from centre. Look for place in 1eme, 2eme, 3eme if near The Rhone River. 5eme but expensive.

There's a few apartments for 100 + a night, also a few hotels between 1-200 €. Per night.
Fetes des Luminaries is on whilst we play, so prices will be higher.

These 2 are pretty central.

If you need any advice on areas let me know.
Thanks for Great advice on hotel s

Andrew webb

I'm off to Montpellier later this month so will update with COVID details later.

Basically fully vaccinated no need for test before you go but need to fill in déclaration sur l’honneur Before travel.
On return to UK will be day 2 test, which will be the cheap lateral flow test by then if anything
thanks for helpful information

Andrew webb

No worries mate I used to live in Lyon and played Sunday league next to stade gerland, I left in 2006 but went back in 2007 was a great party.
A bit of trivia.
We have beaten Lyon twice away and lost at home twice.
3-0, 3-0 then 2-0, 2-0.
What will be the next score? I reckon we win 1-0.
How far is stadium from centre of Lyon ?

LyonGer

How far is stadium from centre of Lyon ?
35 minutes from Part dieu Gare Villette by tram T3 or T7
Which is 10-15 minutes from Place Bellecour by metro or 20-25 minutes by Tram from Perrache.
Roughly off the top of my head.
Metro and Tram T1 or T2 stop at opposite side of Rail tracks at Part Dieu cross straight through main station to tram on otherside.

If you get Tram from airport to Part dieu it almost passed stadium.
If coming from Airport on the day of the game you could get off at Meyzieu - Grande Decines then a 10 minute walk Saves going into centre and back out Please note this only works for Rhone express and is expensive unless you are going into centre.
Taxi from Airport to Stadium should be decent as it's very close. See @Alpinebear post above regarding around the stadium.

Your TFL ticket works on tram, bus and metro.
Can buy 1 hour or 24 hour tickets.

Last edited:

Alpinebear

The rear sections still not for sale.

Just looked at the match ticket for Lyon Marseille and it's from 12 euros. Very cheap in comparison to Scottish pricing.

JAH90

Official Ticketer
When do we think the official registration will open for away tickets?

Kevgil09

Official Ticketer
It's worth the £30 for peace of mind knowing that I'll get in plus it's free transport out. I don't know if all tickets are the same for that or whether away fans aren't covered for it.
Aye a good bonus with the free travel I'm no sure away fans are included

Steppies

You can still get flights on Opodo for about £200. We're going via Amsterdam on the way out and via Frankfurt on the way back. Only a couple of hours in Amsterdam and Frankfurt as well.

That's from Glasgow.
Left it late to get a cheaper direct deal to Lyon, just booked, next best thing,,
Edi > Berlin, 6.00am - 9.00am.
Berlin > Lyon, 12.00 - 14.00. Dec 8th, both flights £68.
Lyon > Nantes 08.45 - 10.00.
Nantes > Edi, 11.20 - 14.15. Dec 10th, both flights £66.

Only dodgy thing it's a combination of Easyjet & Ryanair.

Manhattan_Loyalist

Left it late to get a cheaper direct deal to Lyon, just booked, next best thing,,
Edi > Berlin, 6.00am - 9.00am.
Berlin > Lyon, 12.00 - 14.00. Dec 8th, both flights £68.
Lyon > Nantes 08.45 - 10.00.
Nantes > Edi, 11.20 - 14.15. Dec 10th, both flights £66.

Only dodgy thing it's a combination of Easyjet & Ryanair.
That's our flights coming back too.

I'm not 100% comfortable with the 1 hour and 20 minutes window to make the connecting flight especially if we're waiting ages on a little bus once we're ready to come off the plane and need to go out and back in through security again.

It should be OK but when we booked that flight, the Lyon to Nantes flight was originally 7am but it got put back.

Suppose it's another hour and a half in our beds in hotel and less of an early start.

Andrew webb

Flight s wed to Saturday at 200 aprox v Dublin
a hr and half change over does that give enough time for connecting ?
flight v Heathrow 240 approx from Glasgow to Lyon wed to Saturday or Tuesday to Friday about ,over 3 hrs stop over

Steppies

That's our flights coming back too.

I'm not 100% comfortable with the 1 hour and 20 minutes window to make the connecting flight especially if we're waiting ages on a little bus once we're ready to come off the plane and need to go out and back in through security again.

It should be OK but when we booked that flight, the Lyon to Nantes flight was originally 7am but it got put back.

Suppose it's another hour and a half in our beds in hotel and less of an early start.
Never flown from Nantes before so don't no the set up when transferring, would think
we will be ok if all on time. Just hope there is no cancellations.

RH-Ibrox

Official Ticketer
4 of us booked up Wed-Sat. staying at Hôtel Mercure Lyon Centre Saxe Lafayette seems like the best on offer for location and money.

Was in Lyon for the euros so know its only about a 15 minute walk to place bellecour.

Manhattan_Loyalist

Never flown from Nantes before so don't no the set up when transferring, would think
we will be ok if all on time. Just hope there is no cancellations.
Same. Never been in Nantes Airport myself so unsure of the layout etc.

I'm probably over-thinking it. An hour and 20-minutes provided there's no delays will always be OK - plus if it's tight things like security you can usually say to them and get put up front of the cue if you're struggling for time.

We're staying at the Kopster Hotel. Cracking hotel more or less built onto stadium. I think only an entrance gate separates the stadium and side of hotel.

A few of us were over for the friendly tournament last summer against Lyon and it's quite a way out from town (their new stadium) so this hotel is ideal for us for Airport as it looks like the Airport is only a ten minute drive on motorway.

The 3-0 game, I can't mind where I stayed but last summer was the first time I'd actually seen the city. Very impressed. One of the best city breaks I've done. Some great bars and places to eat.

das

Normally I'd consider the weird and wonderful routes too but I'm doing out from Manchester to Geneva on the Wednesday and Geneva to Birmingham on the Friday for £73 in total and that's with a proper cabin bag as an extra.

Those suit me as I'm going to Accy v Wimbledon on the Tuesday and will probably just stay over on the Friday near Accy for the Accy v Bolton game on the Saturday so great all round

JamieBTB

Official Ticketer
Normally I'd consider the weird and wonderful routes too but I'm doing out from Manchester to Geneva on the Wednesday and Geneva to Birmingham on the Friday for £73 in total and that's with a proper cabin bag as an extra.

Those suit me as I'm going to Accy v Wimbledon on the Tuesday and will probably just stay over on the Friday near Accy for the Accy v Bolton game on the Saturday so great all round
manchester to geneva for me as well wed-friday for £40

Manhattan_Loyalist

We're Edinburgh to Geneva on way up but land the morning of the game - another reason why that hotel at the stadium was a good bet as we're going to book a GetTransfer and take us right to hotel to throw the bags in and we're literally at stadium.

das

manchester to geneva for me as well wed-friday for £40
If it's back with easyjet then I wouldn't be surprised if some of them flights get cancelled as there are 4 all around the £20 mark. The early flight out that I'm on seems OK just now as it's up to £100 now

Jimmymac1955

I've nipped onto the Lyon site for a ticket in case I don't get one through Rangers. Looking like some of the guys are buying in section 121 so I'll opt for there.

Edit. Had to settle for 123.

Last edited:

Steppies

Same. Never been in Nantes Airport myself so unsure of the layout etc.

I'm probably over-thinking it. An hour and 20-minutes provided there's no delays will always be OK - plus if it's tight things like security you can usually say to them and get put up front of the cue if you're struggling for time.

We're staying at the Kopster Hotel. Cracking hotel more or less built onto stadium. I think only an entrance gate separates the stadium and side of hotel.

A few of us were over for the friendly tournament last summer against Lyon and it's quite a way out from town (their new stadium) so this hotel is ideal for us for Airport as it looks like the Airport is only a ten minute drive on motorway.

The 3-0 game, I can't mind where I stayed but last summer was the first time I'd actually seen the city. Very impressed. One of the best city breaks I've done. Some great bars and places to eat.
It's great how you pick up knowledge when you have been to places before, seems like a nice hotel,like many others with booking up later most have no vacancies, only the dearer ones left.
With going myself this time I've opted for the Ibis Hotel at the airport, reasonable at £70 a night with some breakie thrown in plus its dandy for the earlier Easyjet flight on the Friday morning.
The metro into the town seems to be regular and the last one back at night leaves at 12.00pm which is fine as will be wrecked by that time. Here's to a good one.

Nottm Loyal

7 of us booked Birmingham - Geneva return, Weds to Friday. Already had one set of flights cancelled by EasyJet (Gat-Lyon) - prices for these are still worryingly low so fingers crossed at the moment.

JamieBTB

Official Ticketer
If it's back with easyjet then I wouldn't be surprised if some of them flights get cancelled as there are 4 all around the £20 mark. The early flight out that I'm on seems OK just now as it's up to £100 now
on that one as well mate

Steppies

I've got section 122 as a back up plan
das, have you printed out your ticket yet, managed to get the last ticket in
block 121, email sent from them with e-ticket and tramway access to match
printed out free tram travel which was fine but e-ticket when printed out only
has ID number and name printed with the stadium in the background and some
fancy squiggles, it has no block or row/seat number, do you know if this is your
ticket ?

CooperTrueBlue

Official Ticketer
fancy squiggles, it has no block or row/seat number, do you know if this is your
ticket ?

Tickets aren't available untill 48 hours before the game

JamieBTB

Official Ticketer
Travelling myself to this one anyone staying in Geneva?

Might have a few there in the Wednesday before heading into Lyon

das

ticket ?
As mentioned above, you get the transport ticket now but the match ticket doesn't appear until a few days before. @Alpinebear has the 3 match package and has been to the first game and it worked fine I think. The pdf it gives you just now isn't the ticket.

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
I wonder how many will go early for home end ones for this after Brondby and posting tickets out :))
On it weeks ago :D Got 4 of their 3 match packages when the went on sale, it worked out about £55 for the package.

das

On it weeks ago :D Got 4 of their 3 match packages when the went on sale, it worked out about £55 for the package.
I got just our game for £30 in section 122 a couple of weeks ago and luckily I have a credit card with no foreign transaction fees. My french is a lot better than my danish too :))

govan_derriere

Official Ticketer
3 from the DSL booked Aberdeen to Lyon via AMS with KLM, Wed to Frid.
Radisson Blu near main rail station also booked.