MacGregor when Jose rejoined Chelsea

looking at the replay for lampard's goal, he's watching the ball all the way and should've saved that imo. Also McGregor saving a penalty to his right, havent most of his penalty saves for us been to his left?

looking at the replay for lampard's goal, he's watching the ball all the way and should've saved that imo. Also McGregor saving a penalty to his right, havent most of his penalty saves for us been to his left?
Not sure on the latter part but he’s faced 56/57 penalties & saved 17/18, cracking record.

Maybe he should have caught it just to show off :))
i d say it was the swerve and movement of the ball that beat him to be fair and he did get a touch on it .

That video sums up the legend that is Allan McGregor. Sheer brilliance, moment of idiocy and should’ve done better with a shot from distance. What a character.

There’s a video from the stands of the penalty save somewhere on YouTube. Lampard didn’t miss many.

Over his career he has a penalty record of 16 saves from 48 penalties.

Not sure what the average is but that’s very impressive.

Also saved all 3 penalties he faced in the PL. One them Graham Dorrans.

Good save on the penalty but stupidity to give it away in the first place. Should also have saved the free kick.

All old firm penalties were to his left

Besiktas was a good move for him, not often Scottish players get a chance at a big club like that abroad. I think the fact he's mad would have helped too.

I was there that day. He cost me around £600 saving the Lampard penalty as I had a first scorer double on including Lampard and other leg won

I was there that day. He cost me around £600 saving the Lampard penalty as I had a first scorer double on including Lampard and other leg won
I was there as well, absolutely roasting in the bridge that day

Back