Macmillan Cancer Support

Bordersbear

Official Ticketer
It would seem that everywhere you turn nowadays there is an advert on TV or radio for MCS.

I was always very sceptical or just plain old fashioned tight to part with my hard earned cash for what I then believed was the lining of the pockets of highly paid researchers and professional charity workers living off the back of cancer.

It is only when a loved one was recently diagnosed that I found out the fantastic work that Macmillan nurses do and the support that they provide whether medical or emotional. I cannot fault the extraordinary support and care that has been provided in our local hospital.

No matter how small a donation I would like to ask everyone to support this great cause whether it be buying a cake at a coffee morning or sponsoring someone for staying sober in October.

I never ever believed that I would be in this position and it has been an eye opener to realise just how common cancer is and how it affects all ages. It was heartbreaking to be sitting in an almost conveyor like waiting room with people of all ages from elderly women in wheelchairs to young women with tots in prams who will all at some point benefit from the support of these Macmillan nurses.

Having had quite a few close family and friends suffer from this horrible disease I fully back what you are saying and in particular to Macmillan. These guys do an absolutely fantastic job and I try to support them as much and often as possible. My partner and I recently done the "Brave the Shave" which was definitely a bigger thing for her than me - we raised over £3k for Macmillan and I would love to do something else to help. Would definitely encourage anyone who can to offer some support for these guys and no matter how little pass on any donations to them they can.

the nurses do a fantastic job, my friend hopes to work for them one day the only reason she went into nursing was due to the respect they showed her mum when she was coming to the end let her die with her dignity and that's not easy to do with that horrendous disease.

God bless you Rose xx

My mum died of breast cancer and their visits were always most welcome. They do a great job under really sad circumstances. Though one of the ones who used to visit my mum would sit and smoke fags through the visit! Changed days since 1993.

Back