Madden/Clancy

TNT

Official Ticketer
Bobby Madden is on Champions League duty this week.

Slavia - Barcelona.

Clancy is 4th official.

Graeme Stewart and David Roome are assistant refs.

I was abroad during the last international break & the restaurant we were in had the football on ,I'm sure it was Finland v Italy & I'm sure the ref was Madden & he seemed to do okay,
I think he goes out his way to penalise us to avoid any backlash from the Tim's/ media
Yes, I saw that game. However, the Finns didn’t share your views on Madden. He was very quick to award what can only be described as a very soft penalty late in the game that got Italy off the hook. The Finland press apparently suggested that Madden was quick to come to the aid of the “bigger” team. We all know that he doesn’t do that here, with one notable exception.

Bobby Madden is a good ref there is no doubt about it this is an example of it.

He is also in an impossible position when doing games in Scotland because most people say hes a Rangers man and any crucial calls against Celtic(dont think thats ever happened with Bob) or towards us can result in some seriously vicious media coverage and the end of top flight reffin.

His record for sending our players off is absolutely incredible he is not a crap referee at all just one thats comfortable being biased, thats what kept Thomson at the top for about 20 years. Survival.

It would be interesting to know, since we returned to the top flight, the table of referees when we have dropped points.
I reckon Madden would be top.

I was abroad during the last international break & the restaurant we were in had the football on ,I'm sure it was Finland v Italy & I'm sure the ref was Madden & he seemed to do okay,
I think he goes out his way to penalise us to avoid any backlash from the Tim's/ media

That red card for Rangers players buys friends and support in the media.

Same as being lenient when the diddy mob get fired in.

We are now seeing just how difficult it is for the Rangers manager, any Rangers manager, to build a side that can play pass and move but also deal with the physical side of our game and the dishonesty which is obvious every time Bobby Madden jogs onto the pitch at Ibrox.

People say we need a Bomber Brown, an Ian Ferguson, a Souness and no one could watch that game at the weekend and disagree we were so weak in the middle of the pitch... prob be sent off though.

Yes, I saw that game. However, the Finns didn’t share your views on Madden. He was very quick to award what can only be described as a very soft penalty late in the game that got Italy off the hook. The Finland press apparently suggested that Madden was quick to come to the aid of the “bigger” team. We all know that he doesn’t do that here, with one notable exception.

Historically there's usually a Rolex for all 4 officials in games involving Italy:)

Top of the range watch and a hooker sent to your room.

That red card for Rangers players buys friends and support in the media.

Same as being lenient when the diddy mob get fired in.

We are now seeing just how difficult it is for the Rangers manager, any Rangers manager, to build a side that can play pass and move but also deal with the physical side of our game and the dishonesty which is obvious every time Bobby Madden jogs onto the pitch at Ibrox.

People say we need a Bomber Brown, an Ian Ferguson, a Souness and no one could watch that game at the weekend and disagree we were so weak in the middle of the pitch... prob be sent off though.

Oh give it a rest. We had one shot on target against a team second bottom of the league. We could have had Bomber as ref and King Billy as a linesman and we would not have won on Sunday.

He is a very poor ref, standards have slipped internationally if he’s doing them.

Oh give it a rest. We had one shot on target against a team second bottom of the league. We could have had Bomber as ref and King Billy as a linesman and we would not have won on Sunday.

I dont really disagree that it was an awful performance shocked by how bad it was... i did think before the game same as most on here, you can forget where Hearts are in the table or their form as they will be ready for this fixture same as Hibs... happens often when these 2 play more important fixtures at home fans expect passion.

Are you suggesting that cos Rangers were terrible in this match that we dont have a problem with Madden reffin our games ?

is it not fair say that if we get stuck in and play the way diddy sides do we get red cards ? I doubt Souness for example playing the way he did would last 20 mins and ofcourse he was a great player.

We have a terrible discipline record since the manager took over, i mean you must be able to understand why .... cos of bias in refereeing even at the weekend i thought the ref was quicker to book our players than theirs and no i absolutely am not suggesting Clancy cost us.

Here is an idea re refereeing You know the way universities have a student exchange programme. Well there should be a Referee Exchange Pogramme. Send all the Scottish Referees to Europe to officiate at other countries European League and Cup games. In return send the Referees from Europe to Scotland to ref Scottish league and cup games. This Exchange Programme should start in an August and end the following May, every year.

I watched the game.

In the first half, Madden was OK.

2nd half - erratic.

Ball played forward, Boril stands his ground, Messi runs into him. Throw in to Slavia.........

He then BOOKS Boril - but still gives the throw in to Slavia? Even the Czech's couldn't work that one out.

Got a bit card happy for a bit - then reigned it in............

Just not consistent.

Back