Madden - what will we be saying after the game?

Both Ferguson and the number 7 Bryson(?) should have had bookings, but the red was correct, probably the fairest I have seen him ref. No crowds may be to our advantage? No external pressure seemed to make it easier for him to call it correctly,imo.

Decent today, bot watching it in Benidorm and some Bears still saying he's a good bluenose :eek:
He should be banned from top level refereeing for that itself.

If some PR agency has spent many years on a myth of some imaginary Rangers season ticket he has, there is a reason behind that.

Certainly better today than is normal from him but should have booked two or three sheep players. Not doing so kept them in with a chance in the game.

Today proved that referees are, without doubt, influenced by the crowd. The way forward is therefore to have them wear ear muffs or maybe wireless headphones playing spa music to enable them to keep their cool.
You heard it here first.

Today proved that referees are, without doubt, influenced by the crowd. The way forward is therefore to have them wear ear muffs or maybe wireless headphones playing spa music to enable them to keep their cool.
You heard it here first.
:)):)):))

Darren Fletcher called it right before the game saying that because of no crowds refs will have less pressure on them giving a better flow to games

2. The game was about the players and not him. Hopefully this is the trend for refereeing this season when there are no fans or atmosphere to influence their decisions
heres hoping youre right it will certainly let us see the decisions clearer
and can i be the first to say playing that mob with no fans this year is going to be weird as feck

Could have booked Ferguson for a wild challenge on Jack (thankfully missed him) or the one on Goldson.

But I like that he didn't focus on Alfie, we all know how much the refs like to do so for minor fouls etc.

Easy game to ref but still one of the best I've seen from a Scottish ref in a long time.

It probably highlights that they are mentally weak, as I'm not convinced he'd have the same performance with fans in the stadium.

Missed a penalty call, missed dealing with Ferguson but that’s probably as good as it’s going to get for a referee performance in Scotland.

The lack of crowd probably helps. There were a couple of fouls by Morelos where normally the crowd would have went mental and over reacted about it and the ref would book him.

I thought he had a decent game, nothing major to complain about.

I've just put a 1,000 bet on with a poet I know.
There will not be 6 minutes injury time played in a single game Celtic are winning by 1 goal over their 38 league games.
You've yet to see how the new subs rule plays out and remember the refs dont have the crowds baying at them to blow the whistle. Interesting bet nionehteless, 'a brave decision' as they might have said on YesMinister . Good luck.

Much to my surprise, he had a decent performance. Ferguson should have been booked but alfie got away with a couple too.

You've yet to see how the new subs rule plays out and remember the refs dont have the crowds baying at them to blow the whistle. Interesting bet nionehteless, 'a brave decision' as they might have said on YesMinister . Good luck.
3 stoppages for subs.
Nothing much changes I that regard.

6 minutes was probably about right. My problem is, would they add 6 mins on if Celtic were 1-0 up at Pittodrie? Of course they wouldn’t.

Overall, decent performance from Madden.

I can't find much fault with his performance today, He got the biggest call correct which was the horrible tackle on Arfield and rightly Red carded Considine.

Thought he was decent. Ferguson should’ve been booked. A crowd there and morelos definitely gets booked. He missed a blatant foul on hagi in the first half when he was smashed from the back during a header. Totally fine other than that.

Decent game from him. Allowed it to flow where possible. Didn’t focus on Alfie which makes a huge change. No complaints

Not the worst - called considine right
But

Ojo should've walked
Ferguson not getting a booking was baffling
Missed two clear penalties for us
Allowed that rammy in our box which couldve seen someone severely injured

Maybe having no fans will work in our favour. He would have booked Alfie usually for “the stramash “ at the corner flag.

Back