Madri makes its Debut at The Louden

No tennents cos it’s shite.
Boring take. People seem desperate to talk down on Tennents to look cool with their Madri pish. No one is arsed. Go into any pub across Scotland and majority of folk will be drinking Tennents.

There’s a reason it’s the most popular lager in Scotland.

Only Guinness and Staropramen pips it on the list of drinks on offer at Louden.

Madri is awful.
Like, properly awful.

Yet another fake beer.
A Spanish beer brewed in the UK.

Guinness is the only decent pint on that list.

And before anyone asks, if we’re talking lager, I’d have a Furstenberg, Hofbrau, Lowenbrau, Pilsner Urquell, Estrella or Moretti off the top of my head.

As long as it’s not ruined by being brewed over here, which, sadly, is now the case with Moretti.
Best Czech lager you can get in the uk, because it’s actually still brewed in Czechia and not the brewed under license pish. Staropramen over here whilst still alright is a shocking imitation of the real stuff over there! I’ll be honest though, when I tried Madri I didn’t think it was up to much. All marketing hype for folk who are bored with Moretti

Boring take. People seem desperate to talk down on Tennents to look cool with their Madri pish. No one is arsed. Go into any pub across Scotland and majority of folk will be drinking Tennents.

Boring take.

It’s popular cos it’s cheap. It’s popular for the same reason people like Coldplay and why James Corden is on tv.

If I owned FF I would make you pay for advertising. If every pub in the Ibrox area started a thread every time they opened up and also when they started stocking a new beer it would be like a TripAdvisor forum for the local area.
You(thankfully) don't own FF and many bears appreciate the updates.

Tank tennents is nice.

Tried it in Prestwick and was far superior

Madri is awful.
Like, properly awful.

Yet another fake beer.

And before anyone asks, if we’re talking lager, I’d have a Furstenberg, Hofbrau, Lowenbrau, Pilsner Urquell, Estrella or Moretti off the top of my head.

As long as it’s not ruined by being brewed over here, which, sadly, is now the case with Moretti.
Moretti is rank now, had a pint last week.
When it 1st came out it was a cracking pint.

Went on the Tennents tour, got a couple of pints at the end which the guide said was freshly brewed and would taste different from the usual pub pint. He was right it was a lovely pint, makes you wonder what some pubs are serving up.
Because it didn’t have the usual additives they put in for the pubs so that it doesn’t go off (I believe)

Madri is awful.
Like, properly awful.

Yet another fake beer.

Who really cares where something is brewed? It’s all about how it tastes.

Madri is ok in my opinion, certainly better than Tennents which I really can’t stand.

Madrid is a UK beer brewed in UK. It isn't sold in Spain and is a big marketing trick. That being said I quite like it compared to most lagers

It's the most popular cos it's cheap and is mostly drunk by older people who have been drinking it for the last 30 or 40 years

Don’t get the hate on here. Given it’s essentially a football pub beside a stadium they could probably just sell one type of lager and nothing else and still fill it every week on match day.

Robert has taken feedback from plenty folk over the years (including on here) and they clearly invest a lot in the place to make fan experience better. Things like opening up the covered beer garden, installing card machines, having the outside draft as opposed to bottle bars are all things that folk asked for I think.

I’d say 10 different pints available on draft is pretty good going.

Some amount of beer Snobs on here lol

You’ve been on here for years, you own pubs and you’ve just said that as if it’s news to you…. :D

Incidentally there was a beer post on here a few months ago and Madri got a very high rating. I had never even tried it then. I went down to Yorkshire a few weeks later and it seemed to be in every pub.

I’m willing to bet that if you posted that thread now you’d get a different result now Madri has became more popular. It won’t be cool enough anymore for the hipsters.

Madri is awful.
Like, properly awful.

Yet another fake beer.

Madri is simply another Molson Coors beer made in the UK marketed quite cleverly.

I'll probably try it (once) :)

It does seem popular but then so is Carling and some drink Fosters quite miraculously

Don’t get the hate on here. Given it’s essentially a football pub beside a stadium they could probably just sell one type of lager and nothing else and still fill it every week on match day.

Robert has taken feedback from plenty folk over the years (including on here) and they clearly invest a lot in the place to make fan experience better. Things like opening up the covered beer garden, installing card machines, having the outside draft as opposed to bottle bars are all things that folk asked for I think.

I’d say 10 different pints available on draft is pretty good going.

Where is the 'hate'? Folk are having a blether about what beer they like on a pub thread. Is that not allowed? :)

During lockdown I must have tried virtually every bottled lager available, most of it seemed to taste very similar and also bland. Actually prefer IPA now.

Back