Madri makes its Debut at The Louden

During lockdown I must have tried virtually every bottled lager available, most of it seemed to taste very similar and also bland. Actually prefer IPA now.

Bottled and particularly canned lager isn't all that great imo. One I've been buying recently is Rossini (fake Peroni from Aldi). It's pretty decent.

Next challenge: any chance of a better cider than Strongbow?

Yes, I know - popularity/sales etc. Get Thatchers or something in as a trial, anyone buying Strongbow when you have a decent cider on tap is a wrong ‘un.
I like Strongbow but prefer Aspall or Blackthorn. Would love Aspall to be more popular in Scottish pubs.

More choice has to be a good thing.

Unless it's boring old duffers like me who don't like lager and cider and prefer ales. Belhaven it is!

Aspall is the best draft cider out there. Unfortunately you’re right, it’s rarely seen up here
I always pick a few bottles up in the supermarket as it's limited in pubs, but I can only have a couple as they are a bit stronger and cause a bit of heartburn which weirdly I don't get from the draught stuff.

I always pick a few bottles up in the supermarket as it's limited in pubs, but I can only have a couple as they are a bit stronger and cause a bit of heartburn which weirdly I don't get from the draught stuff.
The Premier Cru with the blue bordered label certainly packs a punch, just short of 7%

why are people being criticised just because they care about the flavour of the beer they buy. Doesn’t make them a beer snob, they just like a nice beer. I wouldn’t buy crap food or wine so why would I buy flavourless beer. Madri imo is a poor beer.

The Louden however caters for a pre match few drinks and although I never go , it seems to do it very well and it seems to be popular. It offers a selection of beers, so fair play.

What do the other pubs on PRW sell draught wise?

Two things I've learned since posting this...

Carling is Canadian
Carling use isinglass which is derived from the bladders of fish.

Explains the taste

Carling is owned by Molson Coors, the same company who do most the of the beers in the OP. (including Staropramen)

Madrid is a UK beer brewed in UK. It isn't sold in Spain and is a big marketing trick. That being said I quite like it compared to most lagers
Haha I’ve literally drank it in Spain! Many beers sold here are brewed here it doesn’t mean it’s not authentic or the real deal.

Madri is the best new pint I’ve tried in a long time and I also buy it in for my fridge for the World Cup.

I’m an older bear and fussy, Madri trust me is excellent it’s not a gimmick.

I'll jump in to the discussion now Tennents has been mentioned. Tennents if delivered correctly via a good cooling system and clean pipes, in a suitable clean glass, is a terrific pint of lager.

Tennents from shit pubs into a vase type tumbler, not so good.

I have no doubt if it was available in The Louden it would be served correctly as the owner is very vocal about how good his beer system is maintained, and rightly so.

So get it in, and charge accordingly (£3.75 at most) and watch the sales rocket.

Hate is the wrong word. Just any Louden thread seems to descend into digs at them.

Well, aye no argument there mate. Some folk on here can't help but, run everything about Rangers down though, it sucks the life out you at times. In fairness the guy that runs it doesn't seem to shy away from confrontation on these threads so I suppose it can work both ways.

It's not a pub I'd drink in but, it's an industry that's completely fucked so, I'm happy to see it doing well. The initiative for older Bears is fantastic also.

I'll jump in to the discussion now Tennents has been mentioned. Tennents if delivered correctly via a good cooling system and clean pipes, in a suitable clean glass, is a terrific pint of lager.

I have no doubt if it was available in The Louden it would be served correctly as the owner is very vocal about how good his beer system is maintained, and rightly so.

So get it in, and charge accordingly (£3.75 at most) and watch the sales rocket.

It's still my favourite pint and I do like a few different IPA's and stuff like that. Remember when it came out on the Perfect Draft machine and the thread on here and FB was absolutely brimming with proper beer snobs telling everyone that would listen how shite it was.

When it went live the website crashed for about six hours lol.

An ice cold Tennents from a good pub is delicious

I must admit, I'm not any sort of beer snob. I'd happily take a pint of carling or Best, but good on the Louden for catering to you lot :D
Same. Threads like this are hilarious with people arguing over how good a particular beer is. It all tastes pretty much like piss, we only drink it to get drunk, you're lying if you try to convince me otherwise.

"Oh, Madri is delightful."
"No it's not, you have no taste and are a low class pleb, only Moretti is acceptable."
"Tennent's is the best, as long as it's in the correct type of pint glass."

:D:D:D

Madri is awful.
Like, properly awful.

Yet another fake beer.
A Spanish beer brewed in the UK.

Guinness is the only decent pint on that list.

And before anyone asks, if we’re talking lager, I’d have a Furstenberg, Hofbrau, Lowenbrau, Pilsner Urquell, Estrella or Moretti off the top of my head.

As long as it’s not ruined by being brewed over here, which, sadly, is now the case with Moretti.
You’re having a shocker here.

Madri is a nice smooth pint and it absolutely is sold in Spain. I got cans of it from a garage on the way to seville.

You’re trying to hard to be different

Madri is a nice smooth pint and it absolutely is sold in Spain. I got cans of it from a garage on the way to seville.

Without meaning to fuel your ridiculous argument why is someone not liking it 'trying too hard to be different' when you thinking it's 'a nice smooth pint' is perfectly fine? Lol

Fwiw the Madri you get here is brewed under licence. Essentially, it's different and not the same taste as the one you got in Seville. Much the same as Peroni and 'Peroni'.

I also don't like it, much prefer Tennents. Apologies if that's me trying too hard as well.

Or can we not just agree that folk like different things? It's a pub thread and folk are blethering about beer. What's the problem? :D

Without meaning to fuel your ridiculous argument why is someone not liking it 'trying too hard to be different' when you thinking it's 'a nice smooth pint' is perfectly fine? Lol

Fwiw the Madri you get here is brewed under licence. Essentially, it's different and not the same taste as the one you got in Seville. Much the same as Peroni and 'Peroni'.

I also don't like it, much prefer Tennents. Apologies if that's me trying too hard as well.

Or can we not just agree that folk like different things? It's a pub thread and folk are blethering about beer. What's the problem? :D
I think the problem is that the poster he was referring to was being more than a tad condescending, by saying that anyone who drinks it is a fool, and gullible.

Drink whatever you like, it’s all personal taste, the fact it’s brewed over here under license matters not a jot if you like it, it’s completely irrelevant.

He’s clearly a beer snob.

To say it’s truly awful is typical of a beer snob to say when any beer becomes popular or a bit mainstream.

And you’re clearly a beer snob. Joking

I think the problem is that the poster he was referring to was being more than a tad condescending, by saying that anyone who drinks it is a fool, and gullible.

Drink whatever you like, it’s all personal taste, the fact it’s brewed over here under license matters not a jot if you like it, it’s completely irrelevant.

Aye that's fair enough I suppose bro. Costs nothing to have manners.

He’s clearly a beer snob.

To say it’s truly awful is typical of a beer snob to say when any beer becomes popular or a bit mainstream.

And you’re clearly a beer snob

Enlighten me. Why's that?

Am I?

Or, perhaps, I just think it’s a shite pint with good marketing?

For reference, I also posted what I’d say a good beer is.

Back