Madri makes its Debut at The Louden

Madri is awful.
Like, properly awful.

Yet another fake beer.
A Spanish beer brewed in the UK.

Guinness is the only decent pint on that list.

And before anyone asks, if we’re talking lager, I’d have a Furstenberg, Hofbrau, Lowenbrau, Pilsner Urquell, Estrella or Moretti off the top of my head.

As long as it’s not ruined by being brewed over here, which, sadly, is now the case with Moretti.

Estrella :D:D

Perhaps!

But surely the original 3.2% Hofmeister is worthy of consideration!

Follow the Bears!
We did drink some "sh&te" back in the day. My dad used to go mental after a house party when people would arrive with the cheapest beer and whisky and then spend all night drinking only the best that he had in the house. Never sure why he ever allowed anybody in, he moaned constantly after they left.

Same. Threads like this are hilarious with people arguing over how good a particular beer is. It all tastes pretty much like piss, we only drink it to get drunk, you're lying if you try to convince me otherwise.

"Oh, Madri is delightful."
"No it's not, you have no taste and are a low class pleb, only Moretti is acceptable."
"Tennent's is the best, as long as it's in the correct type of pint glass."

:D:D:D

I'm more of a vodka snob.

If the Louden announce they have Belvedere I'll be right in amongst it :D

But beer to me is just beer.

The change in Moretti from imported to UK brewed was massive, so much so I went from buying it regularly for the house to basically boycotting it.
Same with Becks for me. Used to love the bottles when it was brewed in Germany, the UK stuff is pish. I agree with several posters however, get a beer you like and drink it, regardless of where it is made.

We did drink some "sh&te" back in the day. My dad used to go mental after a house party when people would arrive with the cheapest beer and whisky and then spend all night drinking only the best that he had in the house. Never sure why he ever allowed anybody in, he moaned constantly after they left.

I empathise with your dad, was common practice for many and frustrates the hell out of me too.

Bottled and particularly canned lager isn't all that great imo. One I've been buying recently is Rossini (fake Peroni from Aldi). It's pretty decent.

You should try their Gran Riserva, which is funnily enough a fake Peroni Gran Riserva. I don't know the wanky beer terms enough to describe it but I know it's good.

I like Madri.

Always laugh at the beer snobs.

You like what you like, others like what they like.
'I'm a bit of a beer snob'

Translation - I like to give myself a wee label of snob to show that I'm a little quirky, a tad more refined in my choices and just better than the average lager drinker with my bloodhound-esque nose for complex aromas and palate for taste.

Only on the Internet does such a phrase even surface, can't imagine someone saying that in a real life boozer.

Lager, mass produced fucking lager :))

Not mad keen on beer these days.

Had too many bad pints of tennants to try it again, Moretti was good and cheap in the local (about £3.50) but has been rotten of late.

Can drink staropramen, or Heverlee in small doses. Would rather just have a fruity cider and a rum these days though. Had one pint of Madri, wasn’t that fussed, didn’t taste much better/worse than most other pints.

'I'm a bit of a beer snob'

Translation - I like to give myself a wee label of snob to show that I'm a little quirky, a tad more refined in my choices and just better than the average lager drinker with my bloodhound-esque nose for complex aromas and palate for taste.

Only on the Internet does such a phrase even surface, can't imagine someone saying that in a real life boozer.

Lager, mass produced fucking lager :))

Haha spot on.

I got called this earlier in the thread for not liking Madri. I'm heading to the boozer shortly for a few pints of TL.

Yeah, I'm still trying to work it out as well :D

Kestrel and I think it was called Forge Lager, they we’re the culprits in the early 80’s at the parties I was at, I preferred Schlitz & Red Stripe

I'll genuinely drink the vast majority standard lagers in the pub. I have certain ones that I really like, right now it's Estrella but I don't think there's many that I would turn my nose up at. Even the "pish" like Carling, Fosters etc.

Once I've had a pint of something, I'll generally get a taste for it and I'll be fine.

I'm not a big of fan of IPAs admittedly.

Back