Madri makes its Debut at The Louden

Prices are different all over Glasgow, never mind London
yes they are , not seen madri in a pub in Glasgow for prices of yet just seen it in a pub in Paisley but didnt get it when i was in it , im use to the prices of pints in London as i have been going there the last 11 years

Last edited:
Thank %^*& when I worked behind a bar it was the grand options of Lager, Heavy or Light. :))

With regards the cider discussion. When over in Benalmadena for the final, I tried pints of Stowford Press for the first time. It was a really nice pint.

Now we are talking!

Takes me back to being a kid in the 80s, my Dad used to rotate between Skol, Kestrel, Harp and the Tennents cans with the women on them.

They should bring those back, just for a laugh to see the utter outrage it would cause in this day and age.

I took a case of 24 Skol to Leeds festival in 2003, I had a few but it was rotten, left them outside tent and no one nicked any the whole weekend.

My dad used to come back from the rigs with Kestrel, I used to think it was an "expensive lager" hahah

Now we are talking!

Takes me back to being a kid in the 80s, my Dad used to rotate between Skol, Kestrel, Harp and the Tennents cans with the women on them.

They should bring those back, just for a laugh to see the utter outrage it would cause in this day and age.
"Skol League Cup Final" when the papers would print a voucher to get a free pint,probably the only vouchers never used,lol.

Was out last night and had a few pints of Carlsberg pilsner- very good indeed- just a pity more bars don’t sell this Lager :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

Was out last night and had a few pints of Carlsberg pilsner- very good indeed- just a pity more bars don’t sell this Lager :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

It's been rebranded / reformulated the last few years as Carlsberg was falling behind the other major players because it was absolute rank. Must say it's pretty decent now.

The Louden has had major refurbishments of its Servery Bars and Cellars since the World Cup break.
We have now added Madri to our list of Draught choices.
We now have 60 Fonts in both the Bar ( an extra 4 ) and 60 fonts in the Lounge
( an extra 20)
We sell Carling, Staropraman, Coors, Madri, Strongbow Dark Fruit, Strongbow Original, Guinness, and Belhaven Best.
Unfortunately because of the amount of work undertaken, it's possible that the Beer Garden will not have draught available until the Hibs game on Thursday, but you will be able to buy a pint and take it into the Beer Garden.
It's not the scenario that we wanted but we will continue to strive to upgrade The Louden as much as possible.
The Louden will be open at 11 am on Saturday with our usual conditions.
Every single lager is horrible and just too fizzy. I don’t understand how people like it. If I was to drink, which I really don’t do anymore, it has to be Guinness or a real ale. Do you sell a real ale Robert by any chance? If you don’t, you should give Fyne Ales a shout and see what can be done as they’re very good indeed.

'I'm a bit of a beer snob'

Translation - I like to give myself a wee label of snob to show that I'm a little quirky, a tad more refined in my choices and just better than the average lager drinker with my bloodhound-esque nose for complex aromas and palate for taste.

Only on the Internet does such a phrase even surface, can't imagine someone saying that in a real life boozer.

Lager, mass produced fucking lager :))
Up there with "I'm a bit of a foodie" before demolishing a "gourmet burger with artisan fries"

If I owned FF I would make you pay for advertising. If every pub in the Ibrox area started a thread every time they opened up and also when they started stocking a new beer it would be like a TripAdvisor forum for the local area.
I'm sure other pubs can if they wish.
Can't understand the loathing of a guy trying to promote his business and make a pound or two.
A great facility for Rangers fans, free grub and quick service at the bar.
What's not to like?

Honestly, I've never heard 'font' before, either but I do live in England.

To me:
Kegs come out of a tap
Casks come out of a pump
The tap is literally just the bit the lager comes out of. “Fount” refers to the branded pillar that the tap is attached to which helps you identify what’s coming out the tap. Most brands have their own branded founts designed by marketeers to stand out from the competition so you see theirs first. To optimise space available, really busy bars with loads of taps often have T-Bars which is the name given to the multi-brand dispense founts that have multiple taps attached to them. Usually the only branding on them is illuminated lenses on the front.

Had my first and last Madri in Loudon yesterday. Back onto Coors but prefer Tennants on tap any day

Last edited:
RIP your taste buds.
See to be honest, I mainly drink at the golf club and the choice is tennents or minabrea. The tennents is amazing as it's constantly being poured through and kept fresh.

My pal was shocked at how good the tennents was.

Think the key is a good pub, who keep the pipes clean and the beer fresh tbh.

Back