Magnificent CQN blog post

Sounds like Lennon away at end of season then. Not sure they can get something of the quality that the fans will be demanding. A real shame that.

Its like the days when only they themselves were imagining that Sir Bobby Robson and other big names were desperate to take the Piggery job. They ended up with Jo Venglos. lol

I think they'll go for Roy Keane with the default position being O'Neil if they don't get Keane. I do not think they will go too far beyond their usual catchment area.

Very tricky for Celtic in the summer. I just cannot see them recruiting a real top name manager unless they somehow get money invested into the club.

Given all the facts the clever money would be on Clarke or Jack Ross. Both are competent managers, very similar to McInnes though in that they are 'safe' and will do a job without really excelling. Either of them would make Celtic stable, but the fans would not be happy with them. Stable is not good enough.

Any other manager from outside Scotland is a huge risk as no manager outside the very top clubs has ever had the experience of having to win every game, the pressure that brings is immense.
Clarke would get them organised and hard to beat. But not a great track record of winning anything. We are now ahead of them in the lifecycle of our team and with a bit of luck in the qualifiers in budget too. Not an attractive post.

I think they'll go for Roy Keane with the default position being O'Neil if they don't get Keane. I do not think they will go too far beyond their usual catchment area.

They know there's a very real danger of low take-up of season tickets at the Piggery next season unless something out of the ordinary happens. I can see them offering Larsson any money he likes to take over from Lennon.

Celtic are not happy to appoint any manager who is prepared to come to the club right now

Does that mean they don't want anyone who really wants the job??

They are delaying any announcement to make sure that interest is great enough to make sure they can get the season tickets sold when the renewal letter hits the mat.

Bring in a new guy at this time the expectation levels will be though the roof, he makes very little progress in regards to coaching the star elements in the squad interest falls through the floor.

Only option then to keep the hordes on side would be a big money signing, however with the potential for the Euros going ahead movement of players will be slow, they have effectively hand cuffed themselves to a radiator and are filled with the fear that Boy George is going to crash through the door with a bottle of popper and a menacing smile.

Celtic are not happy to appoint any manager who is prepared to come to the club right now

Does that mean they don't want anyone who really wants the job??

I found that whole part strange, dont want someone that is out of work or would leave their club?

Interesting that they are going to put a director of football role in place, something that if I recall correctly was roundly sneered at in the media when we were looking to appoint Mark Allen.

We’ve seen that it takes a few years to put the foundations in place and reap any rewards, thankfully their dinosaur board didn’t look to implement this when they were riding high. It’s going to be a lot tougher for them now.
Usual theyve no ideas or vision:) we are playing well and in good shape so obviously they have to try and go the same road :))

Wouldn't it make more sense to say, we will be targetting some high profile candidates with an exemplary cv in an attempt to sell season tickets. Not, brand names are off the agenda, we will be doing a Pedro for the next manager, can you still buy tickets please

Steve Clarke is about the best they could get. Huge experience and capable. He's excellent defensively but they need to be an attacking outfit (let's not forget the Lisbon Lions were the team that Brazil, Ajax, Milan and Barca based their philosophy on). If he is successful, they'll love it. They still love Wibble who played 1970s football.

Bit wordy...stopped reading when it mentioned popcorn teeth staying til the end of the season for the good of the club.

Fvck right off dhimmy!!

Weird that they seem to have lost any confidence in their ability to attract someone of the calibre they think they deserve. They've been the masters at bigging themselves up, yet are now holding onto a manager who is clearly not delivering, when there is still silverware to compete for ,or at the very least, a chance for a new manager to come in and see if he can get a tune out of the players for the remainder of the season and see who, if any, he wants to work with going forward.

By clinging onto TLB, they are accepting the slow decline of an already deflated squad.

Works for me, I just can't fathom their strategy right now.
Their strategy is they're skint. They can't afford to sell any players and they can't afford not to because they're skint. The league should be ours for the taking for the foreseeable future.

Why do Celtic fans always refer to their managers and players by their Christian names? Neil, Henrik, Stan. It’s cloying pish.

[/QUOTE]
Speaking of mentally challenged blogs, where’s that slabbercabbage Joe O;Rourke?

He seems awfully quiet :D

Weird isn't it hes usually complaining about conspiracy when they are winning things.

Was looking forward to tasting his tears

It won’t be Steve Clarke. I genuinely believe he couldn’t handle the pressure and I think he knows it too. In fact he said as much after we sang one song at him.

He moralised about how leaving the old firm goldfish-bowl was the best thing he ever did for him and his family. No chance he’s jumping back in at 60 year old when he’s got a well paid part time National job for as long as he wants it.

It won’t be Steve Clarke. I genuinely believe he couldn’t handle the pressure and I think he knows it too. In fact he said as much after we sang one song at him.

He moralised about how leaving the old firm goldfish-bowl was the best thing he ever did for him and his family. No chance he’s jumping back in at 60 year old when he’s got a well paid part time National job for as long as he wants it.
Clarke wouldn't last 5 minutes and he knows it.

What a rambling mess. Is the author’s (and I use that term lightly) first language English?
As for the part about “malicious rumours” accusing lennon of holding out for a pay off... why the hell do they think he is still there? Gary Holt resigned from Livingston for less but I guess he wasn’t on £2.4m a year and probably has some self respect.

Someone who has over-performed in a different environment, who is technically razor sharp and can bring knowledge of a value market. They will have a successful track record, one that is short enough that they have not already moved up the food chain, but one longer than Ronny Deila’s mercurial rise at Stromsgodset.

It would seem they are holding out for Steve Evans....I mean he's got a manager of the month award.

Large
He looks like a fat version of Robert Fleck.

Back