Mail On Sunday - "Beale's antics show he's not the kind of guy Rangers need as boss"

I see it the other way. The fact that QPR have been so open to his move suggests (to me), that Beale has maybe spoken with Les Ferdinand and explained the pull that opportunity might have on him. I see it as tremendous loyalty to us as he's in with a shout of the prem this year which would bring insane wealth to him and his family.
Pure guesswork on my part, but I feel Beale would have made his intentions clear in regard to any future Rangers job offer.

I'm on the fence about Beale but this is just daft. There is no loyalty in football and people who are under the impression there is are living in denial.

No loyalty from all sides of the fence.

Clubs use players, players use the clubs.

It's like the real world and maybe if Gary got an extra shiney bit of silver at a different company he would be off too.

Pathetic article by a pathetic journalist.

How many times has fat flange walked out of a contract he signed for a better opportunity during his managerial career?

But that is different I suppose?

Last edited:
I have slight reservations about Beale being ready but there’s an element of risk with any appointment, what’s pleasing me is it’s ruffling feather’s amongst the mentally challenged tabloid scribblers. For that reason I’m more on board.

Beale's character assassination is now well underway in the pubs, workplaces and media rooms of Scotland.

The circumstances around his Aberdeen visit could have been better but had Rangers kicked on under Gio from that result nobody would be saying a word about it.

Fact is, we didn't and when the vacancy inevitability came up then Beale would always be a front runner.

Never in a million years is he knocking back Rangers if offered it but that will now be deemed as devious behaviour from someone who has been painted as lurking in the shadows.

I'm on the fence with the appointment but if it upsets the likes of Keevins and Keown that may tell us something.

If he was writing about a potential Celtic manager , he would be quoting ‘ the job was simply too big to turn down , a once in a lifetime opportunity blah blah. But instead he focuses on disloyalty , lack of credibility and even suggesting that QPR are wanting him to go because of a few losses. Keown should be banned from Ibrox.

Gary 'Nostradamus' Keown. Predicting events that haven't occurred yet, telling us how they are going to pan out and that Beale is not the right man for the job.

Gary Keown, the non-thinking man's 'Wee Bill Leckie' and that's saying something!

Man has a few pints and goes to a football match.

Absolutely shocking behaviour, Bill Struth will be turning in his grave.

Have the police been notified, Gary?

Walter and Ally got the same from parts of the media when they left the Scotland job to come back to Rangers.
It's not difficult to understand that there will be certain jobs people won't turn down.

I can’t get my head around the concept of someone like that being paid to impart an opinion on football.

Every arsehole in the street could give you just an insightful a view on all things football.

Fair enough having technical analysis from ex players and managers, although even half of them are cliche spouting dead heads.

But some bitter bastard spouting shite in a rag, how is that worthy of payment?

Beale's character assassination is now well underway in the pubs, workplaces and media rooms of Scotland.

The circumstances around his Aberdeen visit could have been better but had Rangers kicked on under Gio from that result nobody would be saying a word about it.

Fact is, we didn't and when the vacancy inevitability came up then Beale would always be a front runner.

Never in a million years is he knocking back Rangers if offered it but that will now be deemed as devious behaviour from someone who has been painted as lurking in the shadows.

I'm on the fence with the appointment but if it upsets the likes of Keevins and Keown that may tell us something.
What is Keevins saying?

What is Keevins saying?

Rangers fans had it in for Gio when he was spotted talking to Postecoglou in public.

Then there's this

"Beale went much further. He turned up in the directors’ box at Ibrox with no attempt to cover up his presence at a game that was being widely talked about as being pivotal to van Bronckhorst’s hopes of survival as manager.

Then he compounded the felony by visiting the local boozers to advertise the fact he was back in town in a way that looked an awful lot like a man who was canvassing support. A brass neck they call it in Glasgow, I believe. A vulture circling his prey is how I described it here at the time. And I see no reason for a rewrite."

Also manages to work in a "Callum Davidson, while serving his managerial apprenticeship at St Johnstone, won one trophy more than Gerrard and Beale did in their three-year tenure at Ibrox"

I find it strange that it's taken them all of those journos on Mount Pious a month to display their disgust and anger at Beale attending the Aberdeen given not a single one of them said a word when it happened.

Keevins is at today as well in the Mail. Saying Gio was a goner when he pictured with Fat Alf early doors. Also calls Beale "cold blooded and calcultating...he circled his prey and got his way" :D
shug loves to do a piece on Rangers and guess what it is always 99.99% derogative and negative towards the famous that is all the c-unt week after week after week is is always the same he is like all the rest in the media "they just can't hide it"

So, what if Beale is the manager and actually does well and when a EPL job comes in say 6 months and he thinks.. I want that, are people on here not going to spouting the same type of things about Beale as it says in the headline?

If Beale is the manager, I will support him but, I do not think he deserves the job as he has not the experience we need, he has shown no loyalty to us previously as he was more than happy to leave ans follow Gerrard and we weren't playing as great just before they left either!

I am struggling to understand this clamour for Beale to be the boss.
He was offered an EPL job recently...

Rangers fans had it in for Gio when he was spotted talking to Postecoglou in public.

Then there's this

"Beale went much further. He turned up in the directors’ box at Ibrox with no attempt to cover up his presence at a game that was being widely talked about as being pivotal to van Bronckhorst’s hopes of survival as manager.

Then he compounded the felony by visiting the local boozers to advertise the fact he was back in town in a way that looked an awful lot like a man who was canvassing support. A brass neck they call it in Glasgow, I believe. A vulture circling his prey is how I described it here at the time. And I see no reason for a rewrite."

Also manages to work in a "Callum Davidson, while serving his managerial apprenticeship at St Johnstone, won one trophy more than Gerrard and Beale did in their three-year tenure at Ibrox"
Then he compounded the felony

I think Keevins would find that word would be more appropriate when associated with his club.

Then there's this

Sounds like some of the posters on here!

At least he never called him “1 in 12 Beale “, which had to be one of the worst things I’ve read on the new manager forum, from a grace A weapon who thankfully seems to have buggered off from the thread (or been banned)

Was the same written about the fat man across the city this time last year when they appointed a man no one had ever heard of?

What a fecking (w) ships chain stopper and big girls bra strap Carry Keown is ffs!

If any club said to you we won't stand in your way then they are not doing a lot to persuade you to stay!

THE END

As stated above if gio had got the wins in Perth and Paisley he would probably still be in a job and Beales "pr exercise" would have been for nothing.

Gios P45 was in the post for weeks mate.

Gerrard sat in the stand for an old firm game. One that had we won, we would've been in a title race with Murty in charge. Murty was going at some point in the near future. Same with Gio. If it wasn't those two games you mention, it would've been another two in a few weeks time.

Btw I couldn't care less about it. I understand that's football. The same as I did when Gerrard left. I actually like that Beale has that ruthless streak in him and I like that we are such a draw that he'd knock back the EPL for us.

Let's just not pretend this is all just a happy coincidence and that he isn't showing a right ruthless side to his character. On this occasion it benefits us. But plenty had a right cry over Gerrard, who had shown us more loyalty, doing the same.

Last edited:
Keevins, Keown, Parks, etc, etc.

So, so predictable.

Is it any wonder their rags are going down the pan.

Surely Beale being ruthless enough to attend Ibrox like he did, shows he's exactly the type of character this particular "Rottweiler" needed as a master?
One who'll do what's required to get the job done.

The Scottish media are, almost to a man, woman and child, a bunch of fannies!

I have my doubts about Beale but I can't recall ever seen a negative article like this about a (possible) Celtic manager
The bit below about Scotland sums the guy up and shows where his bias lies. Scotland screwed up badly by failing to qualify for the world cup but Clarke remains a worthy manager. No accountability, no carrying the can for results. He comes from the right stock so must be protected at all costs.
If it was (say) McLeish who was manager he'd be calling for his head

This has got Spiers and his Gerrard totally terrified comment all over it, looking forward to it coming back and biting the journo in the arse repeatedly for the next ten years, lol

Whataver the motives and reasons for Beale being at Ibrox for the Aberdeen game whilst Gio was in charge, there's no mention that the 4-1 win that day for us demonstrated our best performance for about three weeks, amidst some awful results.

For all the conspiracy stuff, not one mention that on the one day Beale was there, the entire team lifted their game.
(btw, that's not me slagging Gio off, more the players if anything -- but it's not referenced in the "article" at all).

As others mention, there's little loyalty in football -- QPR would dump Beale like an old bag if circumstances suited them.

Back