Article Maintaining The Zero

Good article, still can't get my head around how we seem to have transitioned into the Gio regime so seamlessly

Good article, still can't get my head around how we seem to have transitioned into the Gio regime so seamlessly

I think everyone was a bit worried about that. The stuff I've read from Feyenoord fans was that Gio is a fantastic man manager who can get that extra 10-20% out of players but, isn't necessarily someone who will make too many changes tactically.

I think the first part is already turning out to be true but from what we've seen so far, the second is a little harsh. He has made subtle changes and it very much appears to be playing to our strengths.

Big month ahead mate but, it's so far so good.

How refreshing reading an article that doesn't feel the need to have snidey references and meaningless comparisons to what other teams may be doing.

Good article. Particularly liked this quote from Aribo;

‘He wants a lot of us running forward and ‘causing mayhem’. When there are a lot of bodies in and around those areas it can cause confusion. Every day we are improving and trying to show the manager what we can do, training has been very very good recently. We’ve had to stick together recently and have got four massive victories by listening to the Manager and following his processes.’

And this from GVB;

"This is a new starting point for all of them and I’m demanding these types of performances every game."

Good article. Particularly liked this quote from Aribo;

‘He wants a lot of us running forward and ‘causing mayhem’. When there are a lot of bodies in and around those areas it can cause confusion. Every day we are improving and trying to show the manager what we can do, training has been very very good recently. We’ve had to stick together recently and have got four massive victories by listening to the Manager and following his processes.’

And this from GVB;

"This is a new starting point for all of them and I’m demanding these types of performances every game."

I think the quote from Aribo is really noticeable on the field. Some of them look like they've had the proverbial boot up the arse. Whether that's actually happened, or they've just had a new lease of life under a new manager and have got this spring in their step on their own is anyone's guess but, I suspect there is a mixture of both. What is clear, is Gio will take no bullshit and is a lot more 'serious' than many gave him credit for. I particularly liked the part when he said we needed to improve and cited two occasions in the first half where we gave the ball away. It's a small thing but, it's the sort of attention to detail you like to see.

It's great to be really looking forward to games again. I mean, I know we all love going to see Rangers but, the team and fans were going through the motions at times I felt.

I think the quote from Aribo is really noticeable on the field. Some of them look like they've had the proverbial boot up the arse. Whether that's actually happened, or they've just had a new lease of life under a new manager and have got this spring in their step on their own is anyone's guess but, I suspect there is a mixture of both. What is clear, is Gio will take no bullshit and is a lot more 'serious' than many gave him credit for. I particularly liked the part when he said we needed to improve and cited two occasions in the first half where we gave the ball away. It's a small thing but, it's the sort of attention to detail you like to see.

It's great to be really looking forward to games again. I mean, I know we all love going to see Rangers but, the team and fans were going through the motions at times I felt.
Good post. Agree with your points.

Maintaining The Zero
“There’s a buzz about the place.”

Come on, you’re better than that.

This will be meaningless to millenials.

Latest posts

Back